1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

LOVING Assetto Corsa, is there any chance we'll see it constantly evolve indefinitely?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by negazina, Jul 9, 2016.

1. negazina

negazina Rookie

Hey!

So, as you can see I'm new to AC and its awesome. I just love picking a car and racing against AI which is what draws me into sim racing.

So many options too. *_*

Just asking, has the team said (or if not, is anyone hoping) that they'll constantly evolve it with new expansions, mechanics like LoL or Simraceway? I am excited to see it becoming a huge game with plenty of cars and tracks, probably night racing.

Kunos, you outdid yourselves but I hope it doesn't go the "occasional sequel" route and into an everchanging experience.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room New to assetto corsa and loving it Apr 27, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions I’m loving it more and more. Jul 4, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Loving the custom championship mode! F1 inspired livery's in a GT2/GT3 cup. Jan 1, 2017
    Screens & Videos Loving the new ruf (drifting action) Dec 26, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Absolutely loving this game! Jul 1, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Loving it. 2 questions: Dec 8, 2013
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Evo Modding Support? Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.1 hotfix update OUT NOW! Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.0 update and Nürburgring 24hr DLC are OUT NOW! Apr 3, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto corsa 2 Mar 26, 2024
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Silence Feb 22, 2024

3. Slamdrunken

Slamdrunken Racer

Since i bougth AC before the 1.0 was released, we have seen constant updates & new content, yet there isn't very much info before new releases, sometimes nothing, sometimes just pure hype from one or two photos or a single comment of one of the developers.

Don't get bogged down on this "mysterious" approach from kunos, they just like the drama.

Matty28 and negazina like this.
  4. Louizf

Louizf Racer

The game is constantly evolving with new tracks & cars as DLC and usually with bug fixes and features.
    They already said that they have long term plans for AC.
    However, don't get your hopes up specifically for night racing, they already said that it's not happening so is very unlikely.

I'm also a big fan of racing the AI:D.
    Next update we are getting changes for it and maybe we will have custom championships as well.

Cheers!

negazina likes this.
  5. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Most of the bigger updates were always discussed in the forum or social media, especially in Stefano's livestreams. His youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7n_g2xDySrmKRaf41rSwlg and bottom of the page check the upcoming livestream, as we're going to be on 6th episode about the new 1.7 update and the Red Pack dlc.

negazina likes this.
  6. ZethGAF

ZethGAF Simracer

It's frankly amazing that it's still being supported so well with updates and content.

7. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

Until the manpower necessary for the updates will be paid with the DLCs the game will evolve.
    Major "updates" like rain and night that require huge amount of dev time in order to complete rewrite the engine would never compensated with DLCs.

Epistolarius and negazina like this.
  8. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I'd pay for updates like that.

Releasing AC 2.0 as a paid update (even a full game price) I have no issue with. At some point that might be necessary for whatever reason.

There are a few things I absolutely don't want to see:
    1. Announce the successor right after you released the game (happened with pCars …)
    2. Make us wait for (&buy?) all of the DLC again. If there is a AC 2.0, no matter if I pay for it or not, I want to drive it with everything with got now.

It's not about money. It's just that I hate to leave all the great stuff behind with the possibility that we might never see the cars and tracks again.

9. ouvert

ouvert Alien

What I hope for is that they will be evolving AC till its end or till they run out of ideas and those improvements or things they couldn`t do will provide solid base for their next title. And that it will be more complete since 1.0 release.

I don`t mean it as criticism of curent dev.progress I just think that now with all those experiences, knowledges, mistakes they made, etc they could start with better base and less limitations and create the best, most complete racing game package (which eventhough they are good enough simly can`t). Lets hope AC will sell on consoles like tamagotchi in `90s :)

negazina likes this.
  10. haxxx

haxxx Simracer

Maybe to start, you can buy all DLCs. Nothing against you but you come here telling how much you are excited for new content and you like the game so much but seems like you are not excited as well to support Kunos buying all packs.

negazina likes this.
  11. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I hope AC is going to live a long time. In terms of developing, sooner or later time will come to improve engines. Future of Kunos is no doubt interesting.

negazina and schmron like this.
  12. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

Not just buying dlcs is support. He bought the software and is spreading a good word which can convince others, to buy the game ;)

negazina likes this.
  13. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I'd love to buy a shirt or jacket to support them, but sadly they are not available for sale. :(

negazina likes this.
  14. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

If you watch the "What the cat hacked in" videos, its clear AC won't be evolved indefinitely. Major changes such as night racing won't come with AC1. Aside from the obvious financial requirements (DLC can't fund the team indefinitely) Stefano views the original minimum hardware requirements as a baseline. Updates can't be introduced which current AC owners can't run so in the longer run this will act as brake on development.

While I appreciate the ongoing support and development of the current generation of sims compared to the old model of release, patch and sequel, developers have taken the opportunity to release an unfinished product and so the new model does have its downsides.

I really feel sorry for game developers. Although the games we buy cost a tiny fraction of the cost of a graphics card let alone a complete PC or a VR headset, we expect that we must get 5 or 10 years use out of them or feel the developers are "money grabbing". But when it comes to hardware it seems we are only too happy to shell out a fortune every couple of years for the latest CPU, graphics card, steering wheel or phone.

liakjim, Berniyh and 3dchips like this.
  15. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Yeah, that's definitely true, although there are games out there which you can easily spend the same amount of money on as a graphics card (which by the way are way cheaper these days on average than 10-15 years ago for the relative performance to the top model).
    FSX, X-Plane or DCS are examples on the sim-side. Easy to spend hundreds of euros there.

AC is awesomely cheap. I spent approx. 350 hours on the game, maybe spent 60 euros on it. That equals approx. 0.16 €/h. If I'd have waited for a sale it would likely be half that. And anyway it's still going down. :)
    Only few games get within that reach. The Long Dark is likely the best on my side with 20 € for 130 hours, thus 0.15 €/h.
    (Funnily that's another game that is constantly evolving in a really great manner.)

Take your typical first person shooter which has a play time of 10 to 15 hours (for one play through, of course you can play it more than once) for around 45 € resulting in 3 to 4.5 €/h!

So, as I said above, I really don't mind paying for AC2. I do mind however if I can't take the DLCs with me.
    If it's out, I want to drive my Ferraris, Porsches etc. in AC2, like I could in AC1 (well, Porsche not yet …). If not, that would be a serious put-off for me.

16. Andrex

Andrex Gamer

One week more and we get the Red Pack dlc to buy :) Kunos, I buy all, AC is for me the best, keep up the awesome work, it is going better and better.

17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

i've converted from rF2. I just love AC :)

18. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

:DDD

It is not a religion, you can use both, and IMO thats the way to go.

19. Coanda

Coanda Alien

i did however for now i don't as i have relocated countries and dont have my wheel & rig any more. Withought the wheel i hardly play rF2 as AC is miles ahead for the controller + the eye candy...