1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Low framerate in quick race

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Dividends, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Dividends

Dividends Rookie

Whenever I go through the straight the first time in special event quick race, my framerate drops down to 1fps. After I leave the straight, my fps is back to a smooth 60. I have tried lowering the graphics settings, but they don't seem to help at all. This doesn't happen when I hotlaps or hotstints, only in quick race straight after the rolling start ends.

My computer specs are:

Intel i7 920
    Nvidia GTX960 2gb
    8gb DDR3 ram
    Dell XPS735MT motherboard

Attached Files:

• Logs.zip
      File size:
      533.7 KB
      Views:

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Low framerate with 3080 12gb Jan 23, 2023
    ACC User Interface Too Low Limit Framerate Cap in game Jun 9, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Framerate lower with new version 1.70 Feb 10, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Low framerate when the sun goes down Sep 17, 2018
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Low framerate and fluctuating movement in Mercedes-Arena Sep 16, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Oculus Rift: low GPU usage - low framerate Jul 15, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Low framerate with custom apps Apr 8, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Framerate locks itself at a lower one Feb 21, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Triple Screen Low Framerate and Audio Bugs (solved: Nvidia Shadowplay conflict) Oct 10, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Framerate gets slower with time. May 27, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Can't glance with too low framerates May 26, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Low Framerate in 64-bit Mode, Fine in 32-bit May 14, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Low framerate on session start, fixes itself with alt+tab Apr 1, 2016
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Labels drastically lower Framerate Mar 6, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Low framerate with ai opponents Dec 19, 2014

3. AlexR

AlexR Racer

Similar issue for me. It works well in hotstint mode (just around 60fps, with some small but manageable drops), but the quick race is just unplayable, with unconstant and very low framerates. The difference with you is that the drops didn't stop after the first straight line. It goes all the circuit round (actually, I stopped after turn 5 or 6...).

Almost all graphic settings were intially in High, but the problem is exactly the same with the lowest settings (no improvement). As it is, it's just unplayable. Is it an optimization problem, or should I ask for a refund to Steam?

My specs are :
    - Core i5-2400 @3.10GHz
    - 8 Go RAM
    - NVidia GTX1060

Thanks for your help, Kunos ;-)

Attached Files:

4. Avoletta

Avoletta Simracer

Same here. Impossible to race with AI no matter the graphics settings (epic or low is just the same due to the insane load on CPU).
    4690k @ 3.5Ghz and 1060 6gb.

5. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

You guys do realize that you are quite some bit below minimum specs (except for Avoletta) and that you can hardly expect full functionality?

Maybe there will be some improvements, but the AI utilizing almost full physics takes a huge chunk of CPU power. Limiting the opponent count should help a lot.

Salad Fingers likes this.
  6. Regret_NL

Regret_NL Rookie

I have the exact same problem with a i5 6500, not the best but its above the minimum spec. Get 70fps in practice and about 3 fps with other cars...

7. thekan76

thekan76 Gamer

Same here with i5 6600K (no OC), 16 GB RAM DDR4 and GTX 1080 MSI Gaming X, so.... little bit frustrating

Avoletta likes this.
  8. Demo

Demo Racer

Same here.

i5 3470, 16GB DDR3 and Gigabyte 1070 8 GB with lates Nvidia driver.

Avoletta likes this.
  9. tifosi79

tifosi79 Gamer

i7 8700K @ 5.1Ghz, GTX 1080ti, 16GB Ram and it runs and looks like crap in triple screen. I really don't know how much future optimization by Kunos will improve the performance. Right now CONFIDENCE IS LOW.

Avoletta likes this.
  10. AlexR

AlexR Racer

You're probably right. Unfortunately the difference between CPU and GPU requirements seems disproportionate to me. Although I'm not sure my low end CPU is sufficient to explain the big fps drops, as illustrated by other posts in this thread :(

For me, I've asked for a refund to Steam, and will look for future evolutions of the optimization. I hope the CPU requirements will be lower in the next versions (AC worked quite well for example).:(

11. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

How many AI cars did you manage to run in AC?

12. AlexR

AlexR Racer

I just made a try in "similar" conditions (not really similar of course, because it's obviously not the same game) : Nurburgring GP, GT3 cars, 24 AI, and it runs smooth. I got 60 fps (frame limit activated, as in ACC), using max settings in almost all graphical parameters.

13. ruksak

ruksak Rookie

I´m on the same boat. The QUICK RACE is impossible (lags, fps drops, stuttering in every single corner), all the rest works amazing smooth (EPIC setting). Hope the devs will do the best here.

14. Avoletta

Avoletta Simracer

I can manage AC, rfactor2, PCARS2 with 20 opponents with almost everything maxed out.

15. goldenage

goldenage Rookie

Same here: big problem with quick race.
    Tried graphics on HIGH, not EPIC, and SIX visible opponents: no joy.

Win10 64bit
    16 GB ram
    i7 870 @2.93 GHz
    Nvidia 970 4GB - 399.24 drivers

16. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

This seems to be a recurring trend in UE4 games (PUBG, Space Hulk: Deathwing, Squad, Tekken 7 & XCOM 2) but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt knowing that optimizations generally comes towards the end.

17. Avoletta

Avoletta Simracer

No problem at all with the other U4 games.

18. thekan76

thekan76 Gamer

So another day, same problem. Single player high fps, but CPU load near 100% and GPU load very low. Game playable. Sprint race impossibile to drive.
    This in sprint race.
    20180916_094907.jpg
    This in single mode.
    IMG-20180916-WA0007.jpeg
    IMG-20180916-WA0009.jpeg

More frustrating, for this problem, with my rig.

Attached Files:

19. Rudski

Rudski Alien

your signature shows a different card, are you running a 970 or 470?

goldenage likes this.
  20. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

It has to be something related to your system, drivers or background apps you have running. I have almost the same hardware as you and I have no problems running 20 AI in a quick race at 2560x1440 with all graphics setting either epic or high (no vsync as I don't see any tearing).

thekan76 likes this.
  21. Is there a specific reason why you do not overclock considering it's a 'k' and designed to be overclocked; does your mobo not support it.
    For the record I have the same CPU that's air-cooled sat at 4.6 with a small increase in voltage and whilst at 100% load max temp 65c.
    I saw a massive boost in performance from 4.2 pre getting ACC to 4.6 let alone what you will yield.
    Let me know if you need any help with overclocking :)