1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Low framerate in quick race

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Dividends, Sep 13, 2018.

1. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

i can't see any jagged car in front, will consider the mirrors when/if the regulation will be implemented

2. There is a simple way to know if you're CPU limited :
    Try a quickrace with your settings (not maxed out). Save the average FPS during the first 30s.
    Try the same quickrace with minimum settings. Save average FPS during the first 30s.
    If there is not a big difference, you're cpu limited.

3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Or just check CPU usage?!?

4. No, many CPU are not at 99% or 100% in ACC, but really can't work faster.
    If you do what i said, comparaison between 2 starts with IA at medium graphic level, and poor graphic level, and if you have same FPS, or not a signifiant difference, you're cpu limited !
    That's a good way, no ?

5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

IMO: no.

6. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

I dont think so too, as graphics settings should impact more of the GPU than the CPU. On hindsight, perhaps comparing different number of AI may have more of an impact on the CPU.

7. DuckeyTapey

DuckeyTapey Hardcore Simmer

You can run into a CPU bottleneck without seeing 100% usage anywhere. Games usually can't utilize infinitely many cores you throw at it, and the reason why you then in that case might not see a few cores at 100% is because Windows scheduling is probably making the game threads jump from core to core constantly, which makes the load look like it's spread across all the cores, while the game isn't actually using that many threads.
    I can easily lower my graphic settings in both AC and ACC to the point where I don't get anymore improvement in FPS. My GPU starts getting less and less usage the lower I go with the settings, because my CPU while running at 100% can only supply the GPU with so much raw data.

David Bertholom likes this.
  8. Ok, you can stay reading your CPU usage, and thinking all is ok.
    I can't help you if you don't want to try a simple test... wich could help a little to understand...
    Good luck guy :D

9. alepaludo

alepaludo Gamer

In addition to that, here is a simple test with an easy to use application for Nvidia users.

10. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  11. Stains

Stains Simracer

Got a tutorial video on how to use this easy to use test please?

12. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

13. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

I could tell my CPU bottleneck my rig with MSI Afterburner. I launched some events, of course the most demanding were races, with AIs (I play in VR).
    My logs showed clearly my CPU always between 95 and 100%, my GPU around 80%.
    My CPU is the weak component, I believe a i7 with hyper threading would help, but it’s expensive.

14. alepaludo

alepaludo Gamer

After you have downloaded and ran it: select quick launch, select the steam.exe location, "automatically connect" = no, click launch, run ACC on steam, go back to nsight, attach tab refresh, select ACC game executable (its called AC2), click attach.
    Frame debugger menu>performance tests.

It has a graphical interface. Just some clicks here and there.

15. Stains

Stains Simracer

Anytime my CPU goes over 60% my GPU drops to 60-80%. I have MSI AB display all cores/threads in graph form and all cores go to 60% max but if CPU is under 60% my GPU is at 99%.
    7700k/1080ti

16. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

Quickrace with minimum settings, I can get the 90fps almost all the time (with 20 opponents). My CPU isn't even at 100 %.
    And with pixel density or resolution scale , that GPU take the lead I guess ?
    Cf: MR279321 have posted something on this.
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/the-acc-cpu-benchmark-thread.53720/page-3

I'm really not sure that I'm CPU limited.
    All this story about CPU limited, is also confusing. With Project Cars 2 for example, 20 extra fps between a i7 8700k and a i7 6700k doesn't mean there is a CPU limited problem (and in my case, I can get 90 fps with ia on Pcars 2) ?? For me, it's normal with a better proc to have betters performances (between 10 and 20 fps) if the game use the extra core to do the job .

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  17. FHarbor

FHarbor Gamer

Upgraded my RAM from 8gb to 16gb and there is a pretty big difference. I no longer get random stutters at race starts.
    The game easily uses 9-10 GB of RAM on High settings.
    Specs:
    Ryzen 5 1600
    GTX 1060
    16 GB Hyperx Fury

18. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

U sure about that? I never saw usage above 5.5 GB so far and that's on high/epic mix.

19. FHarbor

FHarbor Gamer

I mean windows alone uses at least 2-2.5gb + steam and now we are at ~3, add like 6 for the game and its already easily over 8. That's why i've seen a big improvement in the gameplay.

Using only 8GB RAM, ive seen the usage tops out around 7800 MB but it was very stuttery. Nothing was running just steam and the game. Now it's smooth and all the ram usage is around 9+. Using all the AI's. Later on the race the ram usage goes down a bit.

20. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

I agree 8GB is bordering the limit of free memory on Windows 10 and a heavy app, like ACC. I have been used 16GB long time ago and I almost never experience stuttering, which could be one of many reasons to experience it by low memory conditions.