1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Lower framerate because of new wheel???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Mike1304, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

I upgraded today from my old Logitech Driving Force to a new Logitech G 27!
    But now I have less FPS!? The only thing I changed was the new wheel...
    Is it possible that the new wheel has more demanding FFB and therefore I get lower framerate?
    Do I have to turn down the graphics options or do you think there must be another reason?
    Perhaps there is a conflict because of wrong controller-settings?
    All I did was a fresh reinstallation of logitech-software for the G27. In the Logitech-Profiler I did nothing and in game there was already a profile for the G27 wheel so I did also nothing.
    A: Any ideas concerning the framerate-drops (from 60 FPS to 50-60 FPS)?
    B: How can I lock the G27-wheel? I have 900 degrees but some cars have less degrees. In this case on screen the rotation stops if it has reached maximum but my G27 wheel can rotate further...
    C: Is it okay that I left all the settings in profiler and in-game or should I change something?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Framerate lower with new version 1.70 Feb 10, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Framerate locks itself at a lower one Feb 21, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Framerate gets slower with time. May 27, 2016
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Labels drastically lower Framerate Mar 6, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues AF is lowering framerate by about 40-50%. Nov 12, 2013
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Framerate is 40% slower compared to Tech Preview Nov 11, 2013
    ACC Physics Game makes my car slower about 1s. Dec 10, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Driver overtake people while being slower and doing slower laptimes Dec 13, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Lower graphic/game performance since 1.8 update Dec 1, 2021
    PlayStation 4 Discussions AC on PS4 Races feel slower than Hot laps Apr 2, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ai starts even slower after 1.09 Jan 29, 2021
    Console Lounge WHL 197 . AC: Dancing with the wallflower. ACC: Partick on tour. Sep 19, 2020
    ACC Physics Tyre pressure (GT3) windows lower after 1.5.x update? Aug 1, 2020
    ACC Physics Suggestion: Car setup aero test allow lower ride heights Jul 30, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Why a DLC with a slower class ? why not a faster class than GT3 ? Jul 13, 2020

3. goldtop

goldtop Racer

Maybe your G27 is drawing more resources than your DF used to, but surely that would be more dependent on cpu than gpu.

Might be worth setting your G27 software and AC exe to run on high priority and see if it makes a difference. I know it's a bit of a noobie trick which can cause instability, but I noticed a decent improvement when I did this and have not experienced any problems so far.

4. I would turn off v-sync and see what kind of FPS you are getting uncapped.....it should be 70+ with that setup....then I would cap them at 63.....There is no reason in the world one wheel would ever cost you more frames than another...especially going from a DFP to a G27. It really sounds like you might have a virus running in the background; something is far from correct.

5. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Yeah... but look at his sig 59x10 @144Hz + Vsync on.;)

Looks more like he's not able to keep up with that refresh rate.:)

6. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

You think 70+ should be normal with my setup? Did you consider that I play in 3D-surround? 3D-vision usually costs 50% of the framerate but that's the reason for the two titans. I really NEED 3D meanwhile because it feels so much more real if you see the corners coming... ;-)

7. I had the tech preview set up in 3d on my system...a real ***** using AMD cards...it was awesome and I can see how you wouldn't want to be without it.

For 3d I would turn off v-sync (nothing good ever comes from v-sync in racing games) and manually cap the frames at 120. Set cubemaps to low and do not use the lap timing app (it eats massive frames on crossfire and sli setups) There is a mini lap time app over at race department that takes up far less screen and uses next to no frames.

try that and see what happens...you might have to set shadows to medium but probably not...that is a power hungry system but if two titans can't do it nothing will.

8. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Does anyone have an answer to my above question B?
    Is it possible with the Logitech G27 wheel to have a hard steering-lock (done by the force feedback motors) if I drive a car with less than 900 degrees rotation (for example if I drive a car with 300 degrees rotation my Logitech wheel should also lock at 300 degrees...)?