1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 lowering frame rate with ps4 pro

Discussion in 'Bug reports' started by Luciano Micale, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Stew1977

Stew1977 Gamer

With a good upscaler, be it a 4k TV or the Pro itself, 1080p titles tend to look a little cleaner on a 4k set (even without a patch). The difference is marginal, and not nearly as clear as a Pro patched game, but the algorithms they use do help. It's the same reason people buy Blu-ray players that upscale to standard 1080p BD's 4k, there's a very marginal improvement.

LeDude83 likes this.
  2. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Dinamic resolution on Battlefield 1 is only on the standard PS4.
    On PRO its 1080p or 1800p with checkerboard up to 4K.

Framerate wise..in the beginning there was a 10-15fps difference between the standard PS and Pro version.
    Then the dice patched the game anulating the extra fps performance from the pro version in the 1.06 update.. And it's tested by digital foundry that didn't find difference between the pro version and standard version online.

Cause Sony said that they don't want that the games gains fps advantages in the games online between pro and standard PS4.

For the rest, marco said in a interview on gamereactor that they heard that the Pro console got some performance problems with some games, and that they are looking and learning about the new console..so for Assetto a pro upgrade is possible in a future.

3. I fully expect assetto corsa to get a patch in future for ps4 pro just like I would expect them to patch for Xbox Scorpio once it releases. At the moment it's better to add features and get the sim to a level that people stop complaining about things missing that they feel should be added

4. Stew1977

Stew1977 Gamer

Pro also uses dynamic resolution (about 1200p to 1600p). Dice explained on their forum a bug had been introduced, which has now been fixed.

"We found an issue that explains a lot of the issues mentioned in this thread, e.g. FPS drops and blurry textures. The issue relates to the dynamic resolution where the minimum was too high.

We have a fix for this for all platforms (except PC that does not use dynamic resolution) and it will be included in the next patch.

Nils"

The Digital Foundry article/vid you refer to covers the before and after Pro patches. The fps dips only happened on a couple of MP maps. The very latest patch fixes this and improves performance more. On conquest maps Pro has a good 15-20fps advantage.

"UPDATE 16/11/16 10:02am: We've seen reports and discussion of reduced performance on PlayStation 4 Pro since the introduction of patch 1.04 yesterday, leading to speculation that the Pro features are disabled in the new update. Temporal anti-aliasing has been been tweaked, but we can rule out the disabling of Pro enhancements as our data is taken from the game running the 1.04 update. We've also just re-ran a small section of campaign tests and see no obvious impact to performance."

Again, the MP stipulations are that games adhere to the target framerates. You won't have PS4 30fps vs Pro 60fps.

5. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

"Temporal anti-aliasing has been been tweaked, but we can rule out the disabling of Pro enhancements as our data is taken from the game running the 1.04 update."

That in the updated article...

And like i said, Sony since the beginning when pro was still codenamed "neo" said that online a game has to run on an equal framerate on the to console versions to avoid difference between the two user community's...

Just like they said and what is happening, that every development team is free to upgrade his game for the ps4pro or no..
    (the devs of the witcher 3 said that they don't gonna do an pro upgrade patch for example)

Like they also said that games without pro upgrade patch will work just equal as on the standard PS4 limiting the pro hardware..

And as last thing they also said that the basis for PSVR is the standard PS4...
    So if a game want to be VR it has to be in the 2 consoles..

Ah,and no exclusives for pro only allowed also..

You can find all on Google.

6. Stew1977

Stew1977 Gamer

I'm not sure why you're quoting Digital Foundry, that's them confirming the Pro patch remained. 1.04 (as tested) gives Pro a 15-20fps advantage in multiplayer. The latest 1.05 patch delivers the same performance.....in addition to the fix for the dynamic resolution bug as detailed above by Dice.

As I explained previously, you misunderstand the multiplayer framerate rules. The target framerate needs to be the same, be it 30fps or 60fps. Within those outlines, you'll have different performance, the most notable being BF1 conquest mode.

7. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

The update they're talking about, and that changes multiplayer performance on PS4 Pro is the 1.06 and makes no more difference between the standard PS4 and Pro online in framerate.

So dificult to understand that one of the requirements from Sony to every development team is that they don't want in online multiplayer between the two consoles in framerate.. And it's up to the devs to update the games until they perform the same on online multiplayer.

Battlefield 1 was an exception and now it's already patched in v.1.06

I didn't make those rules.. But Sony.

That are the reasons why i decided even not to upgrade to the PRO...i dont gonna buy a 4K TV in a near future, the console don't have a 4K blueray drive, multiplayer framerate performance has to be the same as in the normal PS4 and the games that the development teams don't decide/want to upgrade for PRO stays on the same resolution / framerate / performance than on the standard PS4 limiting the performance of the pro console.
    And finally, most that upgrade their games for pro..instead to look for solid 1080p an fixed 60fps they prefer go for upgraded 4K and 30fps (not even stable in lot of games) .

8. Stew1977

Stew1977 Gamer

This is my final reply as I'm just repeating myself.

I own a Pro, am well aware of all the policies and am well read up on Battlefield 1, both on the official forums and Neogaf.

Battlefield 1 is on patch 1.05. This patch fixed a bug on the Pro and improved framerate stability on regular PS4. In multiplayer, the Pro version has a significant framerate advantage. This is to be expected, it has a faster CPU.

Multiplayer titles must maintain the same target, 30fps or 60fps. A title like Battlefield 1, or indeed Assetto Corsa, which struggles to lock 60fps on base PS4, can do it more easily on Pro. This would help in both singleplayer and multiplayer.

Hopefully a Pro patch is coming to Assetto Corsa. It's a game that would benefit tremendously from the extra power.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1315188&page=100000

Reinart86 and UntrainedN00B01 like this.
  9. The only thing Sony specify with regards to framerate is if the game runs multiplayer @30fps on the ps4 then it must also run @ 30fps on the pro even if the pro is capable of 60fps. The only other thing they say is that the pro cannot run worse than the base ps4.

I also refuse to buy a pro at the moment as I don't find it beneficial to me until I decide to go 4K which I will do once the Xbox Scorpio launches.

Stew1977 likes this.
  10. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Well like i said, Battlefield 1 is an exeption and if it isn't patched to match framerate online as the version of the standard PS4 it doesn't take much time more.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/m...erate-locked-ps4-pro-avoid-player-imbalances/

And yes,the pro have the same cpu as the standard PS4 overcloked and an new GPU 2x more powerful.
    But Sony's law is Sony's law.
    Online the devs have to match the framerate between versions limiting the performance of the pro.

And it's easy to find out the things i said.
    You can easily Google it or see it on the FAQ of Sony!

11. Stew1977

Stew1977 Gamer

You can Google all you like, you fundamentally misunderstood the framerate guidelines. It's why on Pro the multiplayer aspect is more stable, adhering closer to the target framerate, on CoD, Uncharted 4, Titanfall 2 and BF1. It's only really noticeable on BF1 as the Conquest mode is extremely taxing.

Right, that really is it.

measuredpath and Reinart86 like this.
  12. Luciano Micale

Luciano Micale Simracer

Sorry guys, i'm not saying i would like 60 fps...but i saw it has really low framerate sometimes, it happened again in zandvoort with the 911 and in time attack...Please kunos solve this frame problem, it was not 16 cars and i don't pretend a supermega patch for ps4 pro (but if you wish do it!!) but 30 fps stable please.
    Thks

13. You can't have a racing sim at 30fps. Assetto corsa runs at 60fps with a few little drops

14. Luciano Micale

Luciano Micale Simracer

Which little drops?!?sometimes you are running and the images tend to freeze then they go on like normal. What should i do?!?

15. im not too sure as i have not had the issue you are having. it may be worthwhile raising a support ticket with 505 games as they can offer more support

16. Karppuuna

Karppuuna Rookie

Assetto Corsa runs 40-60fps

17. Luciano Micale

Luciano Micale Simracer

Is there a way i can actually check frame rate in 1.10?!?

18. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Hi - Please reach out to our console support team if you're experiencing issues and they can investigate this with you. You can log a ticket here - https://support.505games.com/support/signup