1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Make it easy for player to set up their hardware properly

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AnssiH, Dec 29, 2013.

1. col_sagal

col_sagal Rookie

Thanks for your constructive answer AnssiH.
    What I meant by 5 times slower is effectively that (let's better say 3 times slower). It is a kind of slow motion that is reflected in the time running the 0-1000m track with the BMW 3 GTR 1mn40s (with AA x2 activated in 3D) against 30.945s (with only 2D and with AAx2).
    I use the max pre-rendered frames to 2 in NVI and I disabled HDR but it doesn't change anything in 3D or 2D (maybe a couple of fps more in the last case). As you have been able to see in my signature I have 2 Nvidia GTX-670 in SLI and I have certainly not the intention to change it to play AC. Sorry.
    In 2D with AC, I don't know which value to read but I have 30fps on the first and 40 on the second approx. In 3D and AAx2 it goes to less than 10.

Between 25fps and 40fps in 3D for F1 2012 is perfectly ok, an I don't feel any lag with all the cars on the track in a race. So it is fine there, thanks for wondering. The same applies with GTR2 modded with WSGT or RBR modded.

2. AnssiH

AnssiH Gamer

About the slowdown, it could be AC slows down the game time when the renderer falls below a certain threshold. I haven't tried but some games do this.

And yeah 10 fps is obviously unplayable either way. Just out of curiosity, are you running F1 2012 in DX10 or DX11 mode? And what kinds of framerates do you get with AC with single monitor and vsync off?

3. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

Why others feel the need to attack you, I have no idea. Minimizing input lag is the number 1 secret weapon of the alien, they can control their car more directly than you and set up their car to have easily correctable oversteer, rather than the default understeer, which is there to make the car easier to drive, but slower. Some system built in to AC that warns you if your input lag is too high and how to fix this, even automatically would be a benefit to many drivers.

FFB is personal taste, so I'm not sure how it could be made mauch easier than it is. FOV is also personal. Mine varies on the car, what I run in a open wheeler or track day car can be very different to a GT car, but I've got a small screen so that's one reason.

4. AnssiH

AnssiH Gamer

Exactly. I have also watched countless of times complete newbies to racing games with varying real-life driving skills trying their chops with a sim with considerable input lag (i.e. GT and Forza), and then try out a properly setup sim, and without fail, the properly setup one is easier to get into, and feels more fun. And without fail, they do not recognize that input lag was their culprit. This myth that "realistic = difficult" is really inconvenient because it is always the go-to explanation to any sort of actual problem anyone may be having.

Just the other day I had someone with real racing experience over trying out AC, and from the first corners onwards he was able to correct little mistakes intuitively.

In fact, if there is no reference, some people just spend the time getting used to the input lag until they can't notice it much anymore. Their brain has learned to anticipate and compensate for the delayed responses of the car. They may even assume the slow response is coming from the slow suspension of the car. Driving that way, you can theoretically do very fast hot laps as long as you don't do any unexpected mistakes. But on the same token, you will never be able keep the car as close to the limit as confidently as people with properly setup systems, under unpredictable conditions.

That being said, I'm sure some people can also imagine input lag. The kind of input lag I'm talking about, is very easy to notice if you just care to look.

Yeah well, I think the only additional convenience would be to able able to setup the forces in-game, as it takes a while to tweak it to your liking when you need to keep exiting and reloading the track :p

-Anssi

5. cooknn

cooknn Alien

So, I just discovered that by disabling HDR in game and enabling 8x Supersample for Anti-Aliasing Transparency in the nVidia control panel everything is freaking crystal clear. Now that all of my tweaks are perfect, on the 17th we get AI and I bet 99% of us will have to go back to the drawing board to get acceptable frame rate with a full field :confused: