1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Make more punishing penalty system

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Ryoka, Jan 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryoka

Ryoka Rookie

Hello all,

This is my first post over these forums and unfortunately it is out of pure angery, and sorry in advance for a wall of text, but i simply had to realease it somewhere.

Earlier i did simmialr thread on steam forums, but here goes.

In the last 14 days i've been part of total 43 races, and guess how many did not end in the first minute for me ?
    A juicy "5".

What happened to the remaining 38 you might ask ?
    29 of them ended for me on first turn because of people who do not respect others at all, either full throttle or bumber cars. some contact is fine, it happens.
    But most of the time i end in gravel or in barriers, thats no light contact, mostly i am so damaged after T1 there is no reason for me to continue the race if its not at least 1 hour long.

The other 9 races ended anywhere between T2-T5.

THIS IS NO FUN OR COMPETITIVE AT ALL !

I keep watching the driver that killed me for next few laps, and ussualy they take about 2-3 more drivers......
    And what, they will simply go to singleplayer and grind back that SA up so they can join again a multiplayer race, which again they will ruin for others.

I have wasted a total of 542 minutes on qualifications and raced for 142 minutes, great disproportion....

And below i offer a suggestion which i also posted on steam forums.

Please improve the penalty system so it can actually detect who was at fault and stop punishing both drivers equally, this makes no sense.

The thing i'd love to see would be "cooldowns" for multiplayer races if same driver keep causing crashes over and over, for example 15 minutes cooldown to join a multiplayer lobby, if within 24h from served penalty he causes major crash again, double it, making it 30 minutes this time, caused another accident within 24h of serving penalty, double it again, and so on.

Penalty for calculating could be based out of speed change relative to control input.
    If you're braking on T1 and suddenly you get a speed boost, this ussualy means someone fell in love with your rear, thus it should penalize the guy which causes that speed increase in your car.
    But there should also be exception regarding this rule, as this could red flag people that got caught up in the accident, like car 1 bumping into car 2 which then bumped into car 3, the car 2 and 3 should be totally skipped in this case and potential penalty should also be counted towards car 1. Meaning the more domino effect you cause the more severe the punishment would be, this would definetly cool down full throttle T1 heroes.

Another feature i would welcome with open arms would be to separate SA value betweem single and multiplayer, thus forcing people to actually behave in the multiplier lobbies once they realize they won't be able to grind back lost SA racing with AI.

Snowy 2 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Opinion: Rating system is too punishing while learning a new track Apr 20, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Q about steer assist penalty ballast and its reasoning Jan 30, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Resuming saved race at Laguna Seca - Cut Course Penalty Feb 1, 2023
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Penalty added each time game is launched. Jan 23, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Penalty for track limits if position won Jan 7, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Time Penalty added to hotstint? Apr 14, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Three cars in a row got DT penalty Jun 11, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Possible starting procedure penalty bug? Jan 26, 2021
    Bug reports Nordschleife Tourist parking lot - wrong direction penalty Jan 12, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Saved games while in pits get 30s control locked penalty Nov 30, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Penalty gets cleared after Race Nov 29, 2020
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues 'Trolling' as penalty in result file Nov 4, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer NO penalty Drive Through for starting not aligned Nov 4, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Penalty by start online race Sep 15, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Is Penalty System fixed? Sep 7, 2020

3. Unf

Unf Racer

If everything you said was on public or CP servers, lets try Sim Grid Daily races: https://beta.thesimgrid.com/
    People there are way more... normal.

On public races you have everyone - from good drivers to 12 years old crashers.
    CP races should be better, but SA cap here is 78 so... you still can get crashers etc.

It is how it is, beacuse since SA idea is brilliant, for some reasons it means nothing in the game. Propably beacuse SA can be gained on single player, or it is easy to achive overall for everyone.

AndyK70 likes this.
  4. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

All I can suggest to you is: Be careful the first lap, do not only look forward but even before braking have a glance in the mirror and be aware of opponents beside you.
    If you have your braking points and you know you will brake good for the corner, look in the mirror again watching what the cars behind you are doing. Is there someone missing the braking point? Is there someone who tries to divebomb? Is there anybody going over the grass (= no braking).
    If... when this is happening place your car not to be hit, maybe open up the steering, go wide, try to evade those.
    Racing in open lobbies is not only about opponents in front, but more about evading chaos in the first lap.

bbman, pdf3108, RDGNL and 1 other person like this.
  5. RDGNL

RDGNL Simracer

Sure, if it were that simple. There's a reason not a single racing game has such a system in place: it's extremely difficult to write software that can analyse an incident, determine potential mitigating factors and determine causality and blame, all while keeping performance at a level where people don't complain about having to buy or rent expensive hardware just to run a server for ACC. Not only that, people would still be debating why the programming would assign blame to person A, and not person B.

As it stands, the SA system works:
    - A safe driver gets involved in incidents caused by others
    - An unsafe driver gets involved in incidents caused by others, and in incidents caused by themselves.

The safe driver will have high SA rating, the unsafe driver will have lower SA rating. Learn to anticipate movement of others, learn to stay out of trouble and most importantly: don't cause any incidents yourself and your SA rating will be fine. I frequently enjoy starting last at Monza and have an SA rating of 98.

bbman and AndyK70 like this.
  6. Ryoka

Ryoka Rookie

My biggest gripe with SA system is the fact that it is not exclusive to multiplayer only.

I've had better races on 60 SA servers than on 90+.
    The system simply does not value players as drivers, i wouldnt not mind if there was also another participation in race factor.
    Due to those crashes im jumping between 9550 and 9600 rating..... like how am i supposed to get a decent progress read out.
    I already gave up on braking thru 9800 rating as at current rate i do not see it happening at all.

Not only SA requirement but also CC and CN, for examply to join you'd need 80 SA but also at least 80 CC and CN.

7. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.