1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Massive oversteer during braking/turn entry phase

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Kapucha, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Kapucha

Kapucha Rookie

Good morning,

I'm trying to drive KTM X-BOW but I'm experiencing massive oversteering during turn entry/braking phase with some trailbraking involved. Even when I gently push brakes during fast corner the rear starts sliding and it is over. I'm practicing on Imola.

The wors corner is Variante Villeneuve (5 and 6). When approaching to 5 I'm trying to be as fast as possible but I need to brake before 6 so my plan is to brake a little before 5 and during cornering in 5. When I try to brake during cornering in this corner (just little braking) almost always the car slide and I'm finish in sand trap :)

Any advice how should I setup this car for it? I tried hardening front dampers and softening rear dampers but there is almost no effect.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Sporadic massive stutter Oct 31, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Massive FPS drop on N├╝rburgring Oct 17, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Massive FPS drop in VR in online races came lately Oct 10, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Massive loss of performance with mirrors Jun 9, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Massive hiccups on server joining Jun 8, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting V.1.0.0 - MASSIVE FPS Hit May 29, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Lost 7 SA points with a massive rear end collision (someone hit me hard in the rear under braking) May 4, 2019
    ACC Gameplay P1 car has massive headstart on formation lap. Apr 5, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Massive lags since 0.6.3. Mar 10, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Massive Lag Mar 4, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards SA rating dropped down massively Jan 3, 2019
    ACC Physics VIDEO: Massive physics glitch Dec 30, 2018
    ACC Troubleshooting gamebreaking stuttering after massive ACC crash CPU Oct 14, 2018
    ACC Troubleshooting Massive Frame Drops in AI Race Oct 3, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Massive FPS drop if I don't move the mouse Jun 30, 2017

3. Rolz

Rolz Alien

move break balance more to the front?

4. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I don't know much about setups but this works for me. Maybe give it a try.

(These are the values in the box where you adjust not the live car status.)

Height: F=12 R=0
    Camber: F= - 2.2 R= -0.8
    Toe: F=6 R=10

Changing the height drastically changes the toe and camber IIRC so be sure to alter those after changing the height.

I hope it helps :)

5. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I don't recall from the top of my head: does it have ARB settings at the front/rear?
    If so, try softening those (rear first) and see if it helps.