1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mclaren p1 vs the ferrari

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by speeddrifter, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Eximo

Eximo Simracer

I think it is worth taking these two cars to the Top Gear Test Track mod track and setting a time off the line with Stigs second cousin from where ever you live?

2. Hany

Hany Alien

P1 is faster. better brakes, more downforce and more grip overall. just a bit less power.

McNappa likes this.
  3. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

What do you know about cars, Hany? :p

Qwaribo likes this.
  4. nijeat

nijeat Simracer

Cornering reliability : P1 >>> La Ferrari
    Design : La Ferrari >>>>>> P1
    Sound : La Ferrari >> P1
    My choice : Alfa GTA ;)

5. Turk

Turk Alien

I didn't really get time to get to know the P1, I did maybe two laps and moved onto the next car. It's better than I was expecting but I can't make a decision yet. I really grew to like the LaF.

6. Brixxlnator

Brixxlnator Gamer

I have completed around 20 laps around the Nordschleife with both the LaFerrari and the P1. I managed to get a 6:29:255 with the LaFerrari and a 6:29:266 with the P1. Difference of 0,011 seconds.

I used ABS and TC for both cars, Trofeo tires and some more camber both front and rear for the LaFerrari, no setup changes for the P1. Fuel consumption and damage both were disabled, optimum grip and 26°C. Obviously I have way more virtual experience with the LaFerrari.

I did not manage to get a clean lap for the P1 though. So these results are pending. While I am sure that I did the best I could with the LaFerrari I still see another second for the P1.

The P1 is far more accesible and stable compared to the Ferrari imho, which feels like a boat compared to the P1 in high-speed sections.

Still, I'd take the Ferrari. :p

Edit: Just took both cars for a spin on Mugello. I manaed to get a 1:48:313 with the P1 and a... 1:49:857 with the LaFerrari. Yep, wasted. :D

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  7. Kommissar

Kommissar Gamer

La What?:oops:

8. I haven't driven any of the Dream Pack cars yet, and I have only recently performed a quick test in the LaFerrari at Vallelunga Club. What I can say is that the Ferrari felt very enjoyable to drive on that short track (with both sets of tyres). It also helped that the engine sounds awesome!

9. Hany

Hany Alien

Nothing :D

Vítor Sousa likes this.
  10. Guys, can you please stop using Trofeo tyres, these are slicks, LOL

Compare the two on road tyres, "slow" grip preset when on Nords :D

Brownninja97 and Kristaps like this.
  11. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Are you saying that Ferrari or McLaren put street tires when doing hotlaps on Nords?

BTW Ferrari handles like a cow on the ice with road tires while P1 handles quite well.

12. Yes.

They have whatever tyres they would use on the street, which in this case is a very high performance street tyre. If they do their time on slicks, like what Pagani did with the Huyara on Top Gear, they're gonna get **** on.

13. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Just to clear up the tyres situations as we understand it is confusing to some... What follows is only for the hardcore simracers :D

When TopGear tested the Pagani Hauyra, the laptime was nothing sort of incredible... the fans noted that the car had some "strange" tyres fitted for the fastlap and in the end both TG and Pagani admitted that the car was fitted with some "special tyres". Those tyres were actually slick tyres, hand cut with some rudimental tread.

We simulated those tyres in the huayra and so we are using them (in the correct dimensions) in the other hypercars too. They are trully slick tyres, even way too grippy and probably they last too much... We called them trofeo because... too long story... but they are proper slicks

The actual cars though do use the street tyres and if you want absolute realism and laptimes, then I would recommend street tyres and green track conditions with cold weather.

Have fun and don't stay safe, it's virtual so you don't have to pay if you destroy one single prototype that costs a million :D

liquido, Glaurung, Dookie and 35 others like this.
  14. Brixxlnator

Brixxlnator Gamer

I consider that a challenge to now go and crash a few hundred LaFerraris and P1 on the Nordschleife again. Now with "proper" road-legal tires. :D

15. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Those Trofeo roadtyres are modeled after semislicks, right?

16. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Sweet Jeebus the P1 is ultra fast on trofeos... 6:25 BTG time in traffic... wut. I can barely hit 6:30 in GT cars with no traffic. xD

17. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Thx for clearing that up @Aristotelis
    And now you wonder why McLaren and Ferrari are not revealing their Ring laptimes times...
    You can go and try your self, getting below 7min is a real challenge, big power won't do ***t if you don't have the grip, that's why 918 excels on the Ring, because it can better put that massive power down, thx to awd.

18. Aristotelis

No, I just said above your post that they are actual slicks.

They hypercars street tyres are similar to semislicks performance.

Glaurung likes this.
  19. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

In real life McLaren offers P1 with optional Trofeo R which are road legal but can't be driven in rain, the standard P1 tires are Pzero Corsas.

So in AC is the P1 standard road tire the Trofeo R or Pzero Corsa?

As seen in this video.

20. Aristotelis

It's closer to the Pzero Corsa.
    The Trofeo R tires should be a bit faster than the Pzero Corsa but not that fast as the slicks simulated ingame...
    uff you guys are going to force me to simulate 3 different compounds :p get off me! I have things to do! :p :p :D