1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mclaren p1 vs the ferrari

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by speeddrifter, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Turk

Turk Alien

I know we should know to change it but I can be a bit forgetful and in too much of a rush to get on track to think of these things. I'm no hardcore sim racer but it would be nice if it remembered the last setting. So if I set nords to certain conditions it saves that setting until I change my mind and change them again.

It's nothing major, but if you get the time and it's not too difficult can remembering previous settings be added to some future update?

2. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

@Aristotelis, check out this vid. Wing in action + air brake @1:17 P1 deploying DRS

robertedell likes this.
  3. Epocx

Epocx Alien

I think i saw a p1 brake and the wing flipped up, but it might have been drs deactivated at the same time i now realise! (video from poster before shows the drs deactiation probably too, but the wing is not always on full aero right?)

Why not just put the animation for the wing on the DRS button, men love to hit buttons and things happen! even more sales!
    heck, even i would love it. with a hydro sound even.

but the p1 looks just amazing in race mode standing
    [​IMG]

Nobody even knows about the wing animation, how do you sell more? makes no sense to me AT ALL.

People love flames, and the p1 does this all the time when accelerating hard:
    [​IMG]

I hope compromising realism/physics does not prevail, because there are other things that really hold back AC from selling millions of copies! So talking selling points is really silly in a way. keep up the fight!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  4. yusupov

yusupov Alien

1:18 :eek:

5. Epocx

Epocx Alien

the real problem is though that people want to be the fastest for rsr timing and so on,
    so they have to choose the best conditions but still want times that are as in real life

thats the real issue that is not solveable! ;)

Freddie Seng and Mogster like this.
  6. yusupov

yusupov Alien

well i had typically changed to street tires or hypercar street for fun purposes, & i use track setting "fast" & if anything, warmer weather.

however as far as simulating realistic conditions id recently read on here someone saying it makes no sense to drive with anything but the best tires since thats what would actually be used (even on road cars). and its not clear (to me) the trofeos arent actually street legal. so for me anyway, that post will completely change the settings i use for nords (and probably other tracks as well; its certainly good to know about the tires at least).

7. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

You know in the end the good thing is that anybody can use anything he likes as long as he can have fun. Great thing too is to know that whatever you use, you're not doing something unrealistic. But, you must keep in mind and taking performances and laptimes into context, not making fast assumptions.

William Levesque likes this.
  8. murderous972

murderous972 Racer

Epocx, you are right, on this video, you can see the wing moves on braking ( at 5:00 and 6:12 )

and this one at 3:55

9. Precisely. Use slicks if you want, but don't complain the cars are "too fast" :D

10. yusupov

yusupov Alien

yeah exactly, everyone can drive w/ whatever settings, aids, etc they want, provided they dont then complain about how easy it is...but i was just surprised my assumption of what a 'typical' experience irl would be was pretty far from it.

11. unknwn

unknwn Alien

As I understand in game P1 (race mode) most of the time runs with max wing angle, but it auto adjusts depending on speed (there is actual animation of the wing ingame and the DRS bar shows that on the panel).
    When going full speed the wing will go down by one notch. While loosing speed the wing will go up again by one notch and that coincides with braking therefore some might think that the wing goes up while braking.
    How could the wing go up if it's already in the max angle mode (race mode)? it can only go down.

12. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Even with road tires and 13C track temp the P1 is really really quick. LaFerrari just feels soft in comparison and something you could daily drive almost. LaFerrari is really fast in straight line thought.

And after all that Porsche 918 is even quicker which is just crazy.

4 out of 5 track battles 918 has won over P1.

Lucas - Xtremepsionic likes this.
  13. sinbad

sinbad Racer

It's great that you are on the same page as some of us (although I found your story about the sudden downpour a little bitter-sweet).

This is where the options-fest is sort of hiding the good stuff. People like to hotlap, and compare times with each other, so they're always going to want to run at the optimum everything.

For me, you need 2 separate hotlap pre-sets:
    1. Optimum (allowing perfect track conditions and the stickiest tyres)
    2. Authentic (your concept of the "realistic" track conditions, and limiting tyre choice, when necessary).

14. unknwn

unknwn Alien

RSR timings with authentic mode would be interesting.

xyr, Forged, Temeter and 1 other person like this.
  15. 3316V

3316V Alien

Very nice post.

I would suggest putting a label when you choose a circuit with the suggested conditions to each track. That way people may stop complaining so much about the excessive grip (witch I don't understand since we've got the possibility to lower it...).

What's the Aris kurve? :)

16. Noose_ITO

Noose_ITO Rookie

I would like to try out and use different tyres but since I am using DK2 for driving it is not possible yet.

brianr121 likes this.
  17. Quffy

Quffy Alien

The "problem" is the following:

Hardcore simracers are "forced" to use optimum, 26ºC, semislick tyres, just to compete on RSR ranks. So the hardcore simracers forget or are afraid to try other more real track and car settings. They think that if they use tracks with lower grip, lower temps, and normal tyres, they stop being competitive; so imo they just almost never try to find realism settings, because all the time, even when practicing, are just using the "easiest" settings.

So I think some hardcore simracers should disable the rsr livetiming for a while, and start embracing the realism experience of tracks and cars :)

18. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

[​IMG]

19. dauntless

dauntless Alien

It is not easy to do at all when there is no setting for servers to force tire choise. As a result nobody uses anything but the fastest tires online.

Personally I disagree heavily with the way the default option for grip as a whole in ac is "super fast best". Once people get used to that condition nobody rarely wants to use anything other than that when they go race online.

Imho as long as the online doesn't support different tires (only thing that matters now is wear which for the majority of the time is not an issue) I don't see how "hardcore simracers" wanting something is an issue when the "hardcore developers" don't support anything else but the fastest tire properly :).

I also think that how the game always defaults to the "super best" grip at every opportunity it gets is a bit... unpleasent.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  20. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

I have no idea if thread is about that, but it's not funny how much better P1 is compared to TheFerrari, force feedback wise.. pure joy.