1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mercedes AMG Spa hotlap 2:16.6xx

Discussion in 'ACC Screenshots & Videos' started by iVG, Jun 29, 2019.

?

Would you like to see more of these?

1. Yeah!

31 vote(s)
    73.8%
  2. No..

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  3. You slow anyway why would I want to see more?!

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. iVG

iVG Alien

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars AUDI EVO 2 and MERCEDES AMG GT3 2020 Nov 8, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Mercedes AMG GT4 Engine Sound Feb 10, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Mercedes AMG GT4 LOD issue Dec 21, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Mercedes AMG GT3 rear view screen? Jun 18, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars [1.3.10] Mercedes AMG Rear Bumper Slots.. Apr 15, 2020
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #153 – A team come true - Total tribute to Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes-AMG P Nov 9, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Mercedes-AMG GT3 Akka ASP Endurance flag Nov 1, 2019
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Hungaroring Qualifying Lap - 1.42.8 Mercedes AMG Oct 3, 2019
    ACC Physics Mercedes AMG, TC on the straight? Sep 5, 2019
    ACC Physics Mercedes Bens AMG fuel/lap in monza Jul 9, 2019
    ACC Physics Mercedes AMG GT3 question Jun 30, 2019
    ACC General Discussions New Mercedes AMG GT3 for 2020 Jun 22, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Mercedes AMG ABS symbol on shift position. Jun 10, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Mercedes AMG GT GT3 - dashboard light indicators on but no light Jun 9, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Mercedes AMG GT3 improvement mod Jun 8, 2018

3. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

40 fps, jesus.

Coanda and LeDude83 like this.
  4. iVG

iVG Alien

:D

Three 24'' monitors and a 1060. Would love to have a better you but that's what I'm stuck with at the moment. If you have a spare stronger GPU I would love to use it :)

5. esox71

esox71 Alien

Suppose to show setup with video dumb dumb ;)

6. iVG

iVG Alien

I will after the spa race.

7. esox71

esox71 Alien

I know m8, oni playing ;)

8. Rolz

Rolz Alien

very cool... there was one corner entry that I was taking differently (Pouhon) and keen to try your approach! thanks! :)

9. mapu

mapu Rookie

I am at a similar pace but losing it at Eau Rouge. You're really fast out of there. It's not easy for me to go flat out there like you do. I usually lift a bit just to keep the car in stable conditions. Otherwise it would be too much of a risk to miss it.

10. Rolz

Rolz Alien

@iVG don't forget to share setup when ur league race is done :D

11. iVG

iVG Alien

I will share all AMG setups after league. Promise.

Rolz likes this.
  12. thx for share it with us, its impossible to drive over the curbs like @ 1:53 with porsche - wow .... when is your league race? when is set online i will try the mercedes now, never touched this car ;)
    GOOD LUCK for your race !!!

13. can someone explain me the values of the preload diff settings??? More to left i mean minus value means more understeer? and otherwise (to the right direction more % = more oversteer?
    or is it otherwise: minus % oversteer - plus % understeer ??? i tried so much settings with porsche for eau rouge and also made it higher --- nothing helps ;(

14. iVG

iVG Alien

No no no that's not how it works.

Preload simply represents the “base” or static amount of locking torque dialed into the system. It is overpowered by Coast (when you are off the throttle) and Power (when you are on the power) setting of the diff. So preload is only really important when you are coming off the throttle, let's say a braking zone, when you're on apex or slightly after with very slight throttle applied or a similar situation where you are neither 100% power nor 0% but somewhere in between.

Rolz likes this.
  15. James P

James P Simracer

Do you have your wing really trimmed out or something? I am topping out at 262 on the kemmel straight in the Merc after being flat through Radillion with my rear wing at 6, whereas you are hitting 270 easily. I noticed your minimum speed through Blanchimont was 4/5 kmh faster even though I dont lift there either.

Does hotlap mode differ from a normal race weekend speed wise? I am in the low 17's now for a qualifying run on map 1 in a race session, but you seem to have so much more top end and suffer less scrub in the big load corners.

16. iVG

iVG Alien

Rear wing 5 my friend. Trick is to make the rear planted so you can run less wing overall. Less wing, less drag, less understeer, more grip on the front and higher speed on the straights. Although you lose overall downforce, it is so much more important to have it balanced correctly in front/rear that the actual absolute downforce. Aero balance stays between 0.2 and 0.5 positive.

17. James P

James P Simracer

I run the rear end very stiff to avoid squatting which seems to unsettle the Mercedes. My aero balance is at 0.5 negative.

I have run less wing but find i lose too much time in faster corners like Pouhon and Paul Freyer. Is there any benefit to running in hotlap mode compared to a normal practice session?

Here is my setup:

18. so when i go from gas my tail breaks away suddenly ...so what i do in the settings of preload that dont act so, im very confused ...lower or higher settings?

19. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Simply speaking: you need more preload in that case --> higher setting.

Higher lock values - simply speaking - mean more oversteer on -throttle and less oversteer off-throttle. This applies only if you don't have separate lock settings for coast and acceleration.

LukaszMarciniak28 likes this.
  20. iVG

iVG Alien

Simple answer - it's most probably not the diff fault that your tail is waging. Look at aero balance and rake angle instead.