1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Minor tweaks suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by djkostas, Oct 28, 2015.

1. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

A few suggestions I have been thinking/gathering for some time now:

1) Yellow Flag
    Please add a delay in flag dissappearing. (maybe 5 secs?)
    A car entering the track from the grass is still dangerous for some time until it gets up to speed.
    Plus when somebody spins out, going on/off the track for a few times makes the flag bleep, which is distracting.

2) Rev limiter sound
    I would say remove it completely and only have the revs bouncing make the sound but most importantly, change it so that when you downshift over the limit it doesnt activate. (maybe a simple check "is throttle on or >50%" ?)

3) Sound device detection
    Pluging in my headphones (in a 2nd audio card) while the game is running doesnt switch the game sound, even though all other windows sounds do.
    I have to do it before I start the game for the headphones to work.
    Can this be fixed/adjusted?

4) Forced virtual mirror
    Ok this very VERY controversial but does it really have to be forced by the server admin?
    I find it very distracting having a BIG rectangle in my screen and I do NOT need it to be aware of my fellow racers.
    Yes I know its optional (for the admin) and yes I know it's supposed to help "kidz" move out of the way when you overlap them but I cant be the only one that doesnt want it and doesnt cause trouble to other racers by not having it...
    (extra tidbit: Did you know by turning off mirrors completely in options V.mirror is also off, nomatter the server setting?)

5) Laptime info popup
    I liked having it, for mine and others laptimes, maybe you could make it optional?

PS. Dunno if any of the above has been discussed before, I dont browse the forum as much as I'd like these days, I apologize if they have.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting reporting minor bug on single player (merc TC resetting to 2) Apr 20, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality Nvidia 465.89 on 30xx series - and couple of minor VR performance notes Apr 8, 2021
    ACC Gameplay GT4 Championship bug in Monza (no bug, UI minor trick!) Jul 18, 2020
    ACC Physics Massive understeer after minor setup adjustments Mar 17, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Instant drive through Nurburgring for minor off track Jan 8, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Minor intermittent issue Jan 2, 2020
    ACC User Interface Two minor UI issues in track select screen Oct 25, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Minor VR HUD position issue Jun 28, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Minor things that might be improved in the future Jun 15, 2019
    ACC User Interface Minor things I noticed in 7.2 Apr 14, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Minor bug with cycling wipers Oct 6, 2018
    ACC General Discussions No more minor releases before 0.2.0 ? Sep 27, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals minor wheel support issue Sep 21, 2018
    ACC Troubleshooting Minor bugs Sep 15, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Minor issue mapping controls Sep 12, 2018

3. rudyhermans

rudyhermans Gamer

I agree on point 1 to 3 but not on point 4, I understand your opinion but forcing it is wong (for instant people with triple screens don't need it) Maybe it's better to set it on as standard (when joining a server) and still let f11 control toggle on/off. And point 5 I'd love to see a pittbord option like in GTR2, just like in real life it gives the information you need and laptimes are diplayed on your dash/wheel.

4. Horus

Horus Alien

Forced mirrors are just like fixed setups, forced on/off ABS TC, track and car selection, weather, damage, fuel/tyre use, drafting, etc etc etc do you want to be able to change those setting as well when joining a server? If you do not like how the servers are setup then move to a server that does not have them forced on, or start your own server with YOUR settings. As for you being a clean driver, only those around you on track will confirm or deny that statement, sadly most drivers who say they are clean have some weird ideas of clean racing (not saying that is the case with you, just pointing out what I have learned over my years of online racing).

edit: As for flags, I would like to see the lights on the side of the track used, maybe even the marshals waving them. Rev limiter/sound devices, not noticed so cannot pass judgement. Laptime info can be received via apps, so you can already choose to see them or not. Personally I only have OV1 and the pedal app, sometimes I even turn them off and just use the dash and the gear indicator.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  5. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

mmmYeah, I knew somebody would come up with that argument!!
    And I disagree , it's not the same, as everything else you mentioned affects your performance, mirror doesnt.
    It doesnt matter what kind of driver I am, devs wont change it just for me, but I will never understand why some (most) people think forcing it on will help with kidz looking to wreak havoc. Or how it will make somebody (myself included) a better driver!
    I wont insist on this, as just like you mentioned I can just avoid those servers (or turn off mirrors completely), but I will insist that its one of those options that do NOT do any good to the game.

6. Horus

Horus Alien

DjKostas, hey I am not having a go at you at all. It is the whole point of having dedicated servers to force those things that make an admins job easier. So with mirrors on if someone says they did not see the other guy behind them then they are not being observant and as such are causing problems allowing the admins to have a swift and easy decision. I do not mind it on or off, but then the Italian in me always goes for 'Mirrors, what's behind be is of little consequence'. On the majority of servers you can turn mirrors on or off, there are few I have seen where they are forced on, but then again like I say I do not mind them so maybe I just don't notices their prevalence. The one thing I absolutely abhor is the so and so joined, record time set by, lap time set by BS flashing at the top of the screen as I am nosy and want to know what it says and it is usually when I am going around a corner. So blue tac and a piece of black card have implemented my own on/off option for that piece of useless data.

Please do not take my comments as a flame, they where not and should not be taken as such. Apologies if they were. :)

7. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

Did not think you were having a go at me m8.
    But I do think there is such thing as too much freedom. To exaggerate a bit here's some other options to go along with forced mirror: only specific controllers (wheel, or even specific brand) (bet that will be popular)... forced fov ... forced color of underwear (I believe you get my point)

About system messages, it was annoying most and thats why it was removed.
    But since it was implemented and later removed, I only ask that there is an option added to have it back.

Suggestions sorted by importance, with V. Mirror and system messages last AND least!!

8. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

agree, if it's forced by server config then it should be on by default, but still be toggable with F11

Hagen and ears1991 like this.
  9. Horus

Horus Alien

I setup ALOOG 3 yesterday with fixed setups on the GT3 cars (I am not a fan of GT cars as there are 'In my opinion' too many servers dedicated to them). Now some people came in saw they could not change anything and vanished, others complained saying that 'The whole point of AC is to setup their car how they like it'. My thoughts on both, maybe wrong but I am allowed my own thoughts Nurse told me so, is that if they have little to no skill at driving/racing. My reasoning is that it matters little what car you have, what setup you are given it is the racer inside that makes the difference.

But I digress, options are there to be taken advantage of by the racer and the admin. So if the admin have decided to allow everything to be adjusted great, if they have not then that is just as good. The servers admins setup their servers with clients in mind. They could be set for beginners all the way through to aliens, that is the point of having dedicated servers. That does not take away from there being certain things that would improve the overall feel/immersion of AC, but then when I sit down and eight-ten hours later shut the PC down all I know is I love what I have and just want more of the same. I'm easily pleased, well I must be. :)

I am still right behind you on the flag visibility, they are too far out of view to be really useful, they need to be on track where they belong not hidden away at the top left of the screen.

Do you understand what FORCED means? You can toggle F11 if it is an option. Sorry but that is a major D'UH! moment.

10. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

the point is it is unnecessary to force all players because some have setups that dont require the additional assistance with the spatial awareness. e.g. oculus, kunos removed the force virtual mirror for oculus after one hotfix because one user reminded them its unnecessary. the same can be argued for trip screen setup, high fov player, or one who uses helicorsa.

thomas' idea is definitely much better. the problem is the lack of information in AC and when joe bloggs picks up the game for the first time hes not going to know to press f11 to turn it on, just like he will have no idea to move the mouse to the right hand side of the screen to find the apps menu, or to press ctrl+t to disable TC. so having it on by default is much better and allows those few who have the advanced setups to disable it.

djkostas likes this.
  11. Tberg

Tberg Alien

For me the only issue is the yellow flag. It doesn't really do anything other than flash now and then. No penalty for overtaking under yellow flag and as you said, it only shows when someone is off track. Right now it's a gimmicky placeholder, like many other features are. Let's hope these things will get their deserved overhaul or another great app comes along defining things.

12. Horus

Horus Alien

Forced on means forced on, I can see what you mean about Occlus rift, triple screens maybe, I use an UWSD, but it still does not take away from the main reason for it being forced on, and that is to catch those that have no spacial awareness (even with 12 screens) they just have eyes ahead and don't care about anyone else. The good thing is that MinoRating is progressing well and soon the more professional aimed servers will be able to rely on that instead of weeding out those bad eggs that just knock/tap and run.

Still it is always an option to not use servers that have it FORCED on. Maybe if Kunos allowed us to see how the servers are setup before we joined would help no end. Still it is silly to argue that an Admin who is using their free time and money to run a server must have their choice changed because of someones personal wishes. If you do not like it move to a different server, easy and simples. Like people who complain about TV shows, if you do not like it and it upsets you change channels, turn it off or suck it up and take it on the chin. FORCED MEANS FORCED!

P.S. I do not like the mirror, I also do not like the look back function. Maybe a button that allows you to see the mirror would be better, maybe in the future their will be robots dreaming of electric sheep. It is there for a reason and you can always get in touch with the server admins if you think it is unnecessary and see what they say. Still this is getting away from the main reason for the thread. It's a mirror, get over it, if necessary with Blue Tac and some black card. lol :)