1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Minorating.com (drivers thread)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Minolin, Aug 7, 2015.

1. martcerv

martcerv Alien

If there was a simply in server app where someone could generate the id and also display the stats I think it would be something that many would like. Maybe have the app store the id and display syats whenever a refresh button is pressed.

2. TDS

TDS Alien

excellent! it works wonderfully here... Any possibility for more infos/stats to be shown like combat and attack ranges (in km) and more recorded sessions per user?
    This also shows that people looking on speedwise for their ratings are getting wrong readings there.
    Speedwise says i'm a B driver but on Minorating id data i'm A :)

Nice Mino
    Thanks

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
    pctm and Andy-R like this.
  3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Is speedwise gathering data on all mr servers or only the ones using speedwise? I wouldnt have thought it was tapping into MR data just recording what it knows from its own data. There are likely plenty of MR servers not linked with speedwise in any way.

4. TDS

TDS Alien

good point.. i though it was gathering data from all MR servers.

5. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

speedwise lied to me :/ thanks Minolin, this is a really nice tool and will hopefully stop alot of us nagging you for info :p

it is definitely getting something from servers not using speedwise but it isnt accurate. mine changes after every race on my usual server (not linked to speedwise) but it says different to the MR info we can now see thanks to Minolin :/

cooknn, TDS and pctm like this.
  6. I am a bit confused. Has Minolin just provided a way to get a new ID, so that we can (in effect) start again from scratch with respect to MinoRating?

7. liakjim

liakjim Alien

No just a way to see your specific statistics.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

8. If so it will be a great way for all W grades. Oh I'm W :eek: To many contact points? Mmmh? Just pickup a new ID. Now I'm N. :D To all ABN servers out there: I be back!!!:mad:

So noooooo way mate :p

9. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

At least the session history there is definitely wrong. For me it shows that the last time I drove was in december 2015 …

10. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

It would lead (some) people to look up the stats for members they are currently in fight with and then publicly blaming them.
    While MR should have some effect (like not being able to join servers given the circumstances), mobbing definitely shouldn't be it.

However, what I personally would find very interesting is a server-specific stat.
    e.g.:
    - Average total km of the players (last 24h/month/year?)
    - Average contact points (24h/month/year)
    - Average rating (24h/month/year)
    etc.

Of course some effects are expected, but it would be interesting to me to see for example how many D-rated people actually drive on a ABCD server on average.
    And if that could be server-specific or not.

Since that data would not be person-specific, it should be ok to have that in a public place.

Minolin likes this.
  11. brioche

brioche Racer

Hey Minolin, that's nice and it gives more insight into the system.

Can you please explain how Attack % is exactly calculated?
    Does it depend on the number of passes that someone does in the race?
    Or is it an estimate of the number of total contacts by all cars during the race?

Does the system currently account for the number of safe passes that one does in the race?
    In general, is currently Minorating also rewarding players that do good things or only punishing people that do bad ones?

For example I could imagine that you could "discount" a few contact points if a driver:

- Makes many safe passes without contact (like subtract 0.5 CP from the race count every 5 position gained without contact*)
    - Finishes the race (subtract 0.25 CP at the end of the race if the player drove the full length of the race without respawning to pits)
    - Doesn't touch any other car in t1 (subtract 0.1 CP if no contact occurred within 30s from the start of the race)

*By position gained I mean: take a snap of the drivers on the starting grid, take a snap of the positions on the finish line. Remove from both snaps the players that did not complete the race (disconnected or didn't drive the full length). Now for each player, see the drivers that it overtook and lookup if there was a contact between the two. Count the overtakes without contact and subtract 0.5 CP every 5 clean overtakes.
    I think this kind of "grace" makes sense because it awards players that drive fairly and might have had a contact caused by unfair people defending their position like it was the last thing on earth.

Also this brings me to another question. Does Minorating currently give increased contact points for the first absolute contact in a race session?
    I think it should. The first drivers having a contact within 30 seconds of the race start should be punished more.

This would often lead to punishing the starters of t1 carnage and invite people to be more careful at start.
    I think only the first absolute contact should be punished because we can't really know much about the second one (could be a chain reaction).

Finally another question. What about ping? Does the system account if a collisions occur with a guy that has 800-2000 ping?
    In this case I would give contact points only to the player that has unacceptable ping (since it's silly and not respectful of other people to play like that).

With the current version of Assetto I noticed a bit of teleporting and weird contacts (fortunately rare) and once I also noticed the helicorsa app going totally nuts at race start and on straight with cars flashing and moving all over the place in the app (and subsequent frame drops which forced me to remove the app and restart). Ping was stable and the cars on the grid and on the straight were not showing the same behavior. Just the app going crazy and frame drops (70 FPS but sticky like hell, CPU and GPU were ok). My theory is that something is not totally alright with the actual mp server/client code (problem maybe caused by some peer) and the helicorsa app may have shown it (more the effect than the cause I think).
    In any case being hit by teleporting cars or by people with crazy ping should not affect someone's rating too much.

After_Midnight and liakjim like this.
  12. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Hm, so looking at my stats it tells me that 823km and 15.2 CP are regarded. That means 54.1 km/CP.
    If I compare that, I'm in the same range as Minolin in that screenshot (960 km/18CP = 53.3 km/CP).
    Yet, I'm grade B and he is grade A.
    I'm not bothered about being grade B, just want to understand it. Is that due the Attack %?

Or do you have a magic grade A? :p

13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I see quite a few people not get into my servers that are d any time I check the logs so suspect quite a few must join these servers.

I dont check very often and dont think Ive ever seen a W try to get in but I have probably checked only a handful of logs when a server is busy to see who isnt getting in.

14. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

mine is lower (46.4km/cp) and still grade A so must be down to attack range km (think mine is quite high)

15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I think attack range must have a bit to do with it. I have 985 regarded km with 18.6 cp and A. If I am in a server with others im normally running close. Either that or solo when nobody is around lol.

By the look of it when Im not solo with 0% attack range the average is likely over 40% with highest session 86% in 16km though that also had 4cp. I do tend to prefer starting behind and trying to pass people. Ive never been a fan of going for pole and running away in a pub server race.

But probably half of my sessions are also solo so overall attack range would likely be around 20% without actually adding any of it up.

16. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Actually my (hidden) question was if there is a difference between the available ABC servers. Because I suspect there is.
    Some servers almost always have the same people on them (ALOOG/Spa/GT2) and I guess that the average rating there is different than on other ABC servers.

17. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Actually during the last few days I've rarely been on MR servers, because those that had track/car combos I was interested at the point were like ABCDN or even including W.
    I'm not that stupid. ;)

Apart from that, I have the problem that I can't really invest time into creating setups right now. So quite often I have the problem that I'm too fast for your average racer and too slow for the leaders.
    So if I start after doing quali, I usually end up on my own after a couple of laps.
    That's why I started doing the same thing you talked about. Start from the back of the grid and work your way to the front.

It's a bit risky, because there is a higher chance for CP, at least on ABC+ servers, but you can have more combat without the need to invest a lot into setups.
    And if you avoid T1, most people at least try to leave space.

18. liakjim

liakjim Alien

@Minolin , question :
    Why I am at B grade and you are at A, even if I have less CP in recent 1000 klms than you?

upload_2016-8-6_12-50-16.png

upload_2016-8-6_12-50-1.png

19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The thing is guys it doesnt matter if your A or B there is no practical difference between the 2. Its quite likely attck range and if Minolin adds attack range to the stats then you will see why. But who cares if you A or B when it makes no difference. With a low CP its not likely your leaving B in a hurry.

Berniyh likes this.
  20. EDITED to remove needless comment.