1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Minorating.com (drivers thread)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Minolin, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I think a 5s penalty or pit drive through might be a good penalty for endurance races, but on those contacts are usually less of an issue.

On public server sprint races, a drive through would most likely result in the person (rage?) quitting.
    Thus, you might as well kick them due to the incident, the result would be pretty much the same.

2. deci

deci Simracer

since the script cannot determine who was at fault in a crash, i don't think it is a good idea to try to invoke any kind of automatic penalties; better solution is having active administration around who do not mind giving up their own race, to moderate the server.
    tl;dr: every server needs their own @Schnipp !! ;)

3. Proody

Proody Racer

That would be a problem.
    Usually when AC Penalty, you have a round time for it. You do not have to go right away.

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Sorry but I dont see that as a good idea at all, the slowdown pen I have on my servers just to make people try to stay inside track limits. Its really quite hard to get one in a race and for qualy then invalidating laps I think is always best for running off track. Having a slowdown for contact would be pretty bad, it would mean if someone rear ends you not only may it spin you and cause damage you would then also need to slow down. I really dont like the slowdown pen and would rather have something like plp for track limits and give a drive through after a set number of small cuts or insta drive through for a big flat cheat cut. People that take slowdowns on track are more trouble then the cuts they did but turn them off and its amazing how different people seem to see the track limits. ;)

Christopher Low likes this.
  5. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

BTW: Any ETA on rollout for the new MR plugin with cut detection for track limits and pit exit line?

6. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Very sorry, I'm currently burdened with work. TBH I don't exactly know, my feeling is that I could deliver it right now - any problem seemed to be related to the database usage. The cost shuffle resulting in a different price tier seems to solve it, so the 2.4 plugin had no problem in the first place.
    But if I put it live now and we face any problem, I'll have zero time to fix around. So please forgive me that I'm hesitating. It's a shame, I really like the new version.

TDS, Gunja, V8_KB and 1 other person like this.
  7. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

No worries. :)
    I was just curious because it was a bit quiet the recent days. But hearing there aren't any major issues you know of sounds good.

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

:D

[​IMG]

Gunja and Schnipp like this.
  9. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

The current version works very well. The new version pretty surely is an improvement and for both drivers and you a new adventure due to the new features, but I'd rather have you release it when you are sure you can handle upcoming problems.
    TLDR: take your time. ;)

10. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Had nice races on a ABCDN server just now. No wreckers, just guys spinning due to being overambitious into the corners. Careful rejoins and clean racing overall! Thanks Minorating!
    A ! - ! AC Server www9.schwarzbierbude.de MR|ABCDN ABCDN 34 km 26 % 0.0 0 ks_toyota_gt86 monza[]
    Unfortunately I'm not fast enough to get more than 26% attack range but I'm slowly improving.

11. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

26% for 34km is very good. Don't worry about that.

chksix likes this.
  12. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I got distracted by the radar & messed up my start. Only this round I did 4.3CP

-Right at the beginning I get bumped on the side
    -At 1:09 I get dive bombed at the corner, seem on purpose...
    -At 4:19 gave a light push, shut the door too late in my opinion...
    -At 9:06 again another contact...
    -At 13:11 lapped car not slowing pace.
    -At 14:49 another lapped car not slowing pace again, but got taken out in the process & almost made massive damage.

13. Minolin

Coming back to the 2.4 pluging:

The state didn't really change, but there's a huge probability that it is totally fine. I don't want to wait for months just to find out we could have deployed it months ago :-/
    So I setup a last test and ask everybody to join and test around. If we don't face issues, we'll put 2.4 live today and take the risk.

upload_2017-5-21_14-34-34.png

GRFOCO and Schnipp like this.
  14. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

@Minolin
    Probably it's already discussed, i don't know.
    But is there a possibility to see a message in realtime when we got c.p.?

15. Minolin

/mr help
    will show the commands and also the one you are looking for, can't remember

16. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

i'm in

17. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

/mr incidentinfo
    This is the one to toggle the instant message on/off.

18. Minolin

can somebody please test if the /mr X commands work on other servers?
    Currently the test server doesn't :-/

forget about it, was the new plugins' mistake. already fixed

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  19. Minolin

Thanks all testers, things are (almost) looking good. Plugin seems stable and everything, so our problems were most probably not related to the new version.
    Last thing to solve is why the hell we don't see incidient infos anymore. I thought I've seen the mistake, but it is not. Need some time to fix this, then we go live later this afternoon.

Berniyh, GRFOCO, V8_KB and 3 others like this.
  20. Minolin

Mh have a good figure what it could have been. Both sides are updated, but I'm running out of time now.
    Maybe some 2 of you can have a small collision there and check if a) the CPs are noted in the website and b) the incident info message was chatted.

As soon as you tell me it's ok I'll deploy the Plugin.

V8_KB likes this.