1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Minorating.com (drivers thread)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Minolin, Aug 7, 2015.

1. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Sorry, but i've not understand some little but important things.

Let me do an example:
    I run on a server with this plugin, pract, qual and race.
    Ok, at the end my MR is "B".

1-Is it showed somewhere? Can i see my MR?
    2-can i see the MR of the other guys?
    3-where this datas are saved?
    4-and after this, if i run on another server with this plugin, I come from a "B" MR, how can it looks at.my stats if i'm new on that server?

2. Jaye

Jaye Alien

You should start a logo competition :rolleyes: (i'll send you an PM ^^)

I bet your ranking data will be shown at the website (when it's going out of beta). The data is saved centralized like RSR, so your Rating is not defendant to one server, it's the iracing style.

3. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

unbelievable...

4. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Another thing.
    Are off track, 360 and other driver's mistakes counted on MR (again, like iR?)

5. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

Logo looks ace's to me lol!

6. tabis

tabis Simracer

Everything looks great so far, Minolin.
    Thank you very much for the hard work you are doing for the community and for AC.

I dont understand all the plug in stuff, but i know when its finished, we will have great racing on public.
    I´am really looking forward to this :)

Also thanks to the guys, that are involved and to the Lord.:cool:

Leemstradamus likes this.
  7. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Off track / 360 - no. Won't do this until we have solid data, otherwise it's riddling around and we lose more than we win.
    Other drivers mistakes? Partly, some are detected and you'll get less CP (Contact Points) than C (Contacts). But in general I try to stay with the idea that you should try to avoid contacts instead of "beeing right". This also would open the door to new exploits like braking on the straight and so on.

Alessandro Greghi and GRFOCO like this.
  8. Minolin

Meh, just threw away the results of the last 2 days. 6495 Contacts in 119150 corners driven (6716 laps). I feel bad now :(

If you are bored (or curious), I've just opened the development-test server "Minolin's plugin test lab". Will need some testers for the v3 algorithm.

9. GTHQ_koop

GTHQ_koop Hardcore Simmer

Really awesome work, thank you..!!

10. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Hy Mino.
    I was there on your server.

11. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

Cool thing, I hope this will be a success.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting this, but have you thought about storing the raw data and calculating the rating on demand? That way you wouldn't need to throw the data away, only adjust the algorithm.

12. Minolin

Thank you. Had to return locally. Hope I'm back soon.

Basically true, but I changed the data model for v3 so the old data doesn't really help now.

13. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

This can only be a good thing, I salute you and your flashy logo.

:D

roenie and Minolin like this.
  14. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

Awesome work Minolin

15. Andrea Lojelo

Andrea Lojelo Radiator Springs Racing Team

Great initiative, Minolin! Very interesting project. I'm very curious to see how this project will evolve. Good luck.

16. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Just so you guys know, ALOOG servers 0 & 1 are using MR at the moment ;)

17. baboon

baboon Alien

Looks interesting, I like the idea behind it. When it will work as intended it could be really good for the public racing :)

18. michael_

michael_ Simracer

Doesn't that rather negate the idea that wreckers ruin the racing? You seem to be suggesting that if a wrecker crashes into you then you're a wrecker too and therefore have coded something that punishes you both (possibly because it's trivial to code compared with trying to figure out who is at fault)

It seems a flawed premise - I believe it's possible, even trivial to deliberately crash a car into another racer regardless of what he does and similarly to make him do the same.

Ok, over the long haul a genuine wreckers contacts will probably be higher, but (A) people wouldn't be getting frustrated with wreckers if they didn't crash into them a lot (again completely negating your premise above) and (b) you can bet you'll get lots of complaints from people who feel they are being punished for another person's bad driving.

It's like you say though, it's very easy to exploit something to make people crash into you.

Either way, I think your rating system should just be binary. Make it so you say someone is either a wrecker or not. Having a sliding scale just increases the number of people who will be upset when they lose their 'A' or 'B' rating because of wreckers or incidents they feel are someone else's fault.

19. Minolin

Good thought. If I could build a system that can judge a racing situation perfectly, I'd gladly do it.
    But: Needed much more data.
    And: Even humans can't always judge, at least with the same - fair - result.

But you're on the right track, the wrecker won't hit the same person over and over. So in the end of the day (=session) a few people have 5 points, the wrecker 150. So I just have to make sure that it's not bad if you sometimes have a race with 5 or 10 collisions.

Yes, but binary would be very beginner-unfriendly. They most likely would get the '0' grade soon, because they just do mistakes - or the '1' grade isn't worth anything.
    To lose the beginners is equivalent to lose the mp community on the long run, so this has to be handled carefully.

Just opinions, thanks for your thoughts!

20. michael_

michael_ Simracer

I agree. But, if your system awards 0 to people who aren't wreckers then it is broken isn't it?

I don't see how that changes if you have "A,B,C...as many levels as you want and W for wreckers" or "1 and 0"

The only difference I see is lots of Bs and Cs complaining that it wasn't their fault whereas, if A, B, C, D, E, F, G and so on don't exist and you just have 1 for them and then W for wreckers or 0, then no one can complain about their "grade"

See how that would work, if someone crashed into you and the system says "You're a B" - now he's got something to complain about.

With a binary system they've got nothing to complain about until they get classed as a wrecker. You will always have the people who have been banned who want to complain, but I think adding a sliding scale just invites more complaints.