1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Minorating.com (drivers thread)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Minolin, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Everything has to be entered by some human - timing sectors are done by the track creators, meters are done by the track creators (and very often wrong), corner names done by the track creators... off-track vs. on-track is marked by track creators, pit lane has to be set, and so on... if you use anything automatic, it will fail because track creators are not 100% consistent.

I don't think the rate that new high quality tracks are added is a real source of concern, especially since the plugin just reports "this track is not mino-ready" and puts those crashes in the 'unread' queue.

2. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Your current statistics

Your steam ID: 76561198096017242
    Your driver names: Andy Riches
    Contacts0
    Laps56
    Corners784
    Contacts per Corner0
    Pretty perfect so far. Keep on, but remember: contacts are something to worry about, the first one will crush your soul.

Kristaps, Jaye, snyperal and 2 others like this.
  3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Pretty perfect you say, can it get more perfect then no contacts.

I did run a few races but got 3 contacts all hits from behind and 2 of those were from cars I had just lapped and they got me into the next corner, lucky the blue flags saved mp like people said they would.

The other one was a guy I passed at Imola t1 mid race and I stayed inside yet he dives inside behind me just before the brake point and nails me. That one was more puzzling as I was already on the far left side of the road and he had 3/4 of the track to the right but he wanted my line once I cleared him as he couldn't drive through me with the rest of the track I left him :rolleyes::D. Still amazed nobody has hit me into t1 of the race yet but I'm sure it will come.

Your driver names: Marty Cerven
    Contacts3
    Laps79
    Corners1337
    Contacts per Corner0.00224382946896036
    This says you have a collision every 445 corners. This is above average, well done!

4. Some Guy

Some Guy Racer

Are contacts weighted based on the number of cars on the server? If there are no other cars then are corners without contacts still counted?

5. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Lol.

But guys, please stop posting your stats here. I try to downplay the statistics so people don't worry about a few contacts.
    You run around and show your badge of 100+ Corners/Collision, this isn't helpful ^^

Edit:
    They will be when it comes to the grades. Currently I show exactly the data you can experience out there; the grade system will be a bit more complex, and yes of course regard if you're alone or not.

6. JackCY

JackCY Racer

So AC doesn't report distance driven by a driver? Because that's the distance I mean not the track info stuff, that one is useless. This way there would be no monkey data entry stuff.

7. Stereo

Stereo Alien

I think it reports GPS-distance on the client side, no idea about the server.

8. JackCY

JackCY Racer

Laps completed should work if distance isn't reported. I'm sure passing the start/finish line must be reported somehow.

9. michael_

michael_ Simracer

It's not cunning, it's just obvious.

Although I'm puzzled that anyone took my post to mean I imagined someone would sit and drive the clean laps - come on! :D

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  10. I can't imagine my stats would be all that good. People have a habit of finding my car, and crashing into it :( Mind you, I tend to visit dodgy establishments populated by denizens of the underworld. It's probably why I encounter Jaye on a regular basis :p

snyperal likes this.
  11. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

Yes, it will be possible to use driven distance instead of completed laps, will make it both easier(no manual lookup filling for mod tracks) and more accurate.

12. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I managed 3 races today and had two contacts. Both were not my fault (naturally) however nontheless it was frustrating. One was the result of lag, (lots of cars began to warp back and forth) and the other was some guy that tried to drive into the rear of my car at the Spa Chicane.

13. pieroblues

pieroblues Rookie

I totally agreed with you, but...
    what should i do for avoid these 3 contacts in a quarter of lap in your server?

@Minolin sorry for the little ot and compliments for your work!

14. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

sorry, that video is marked private, can't see anything ;)
    But (again): Maybe/probably nothing. Your rating is still good. Didn't hurt you in any way.

It's the laps you did clean, that count. The ones who will have problems with the system can't even drive a full lap without a contact.
    You are fine. Stay clean and do your race, and nothing will change for you (at least to the worse. Of course I hope things get cleaner overall, otherwise this would be a huge failure ;) )

Leemstradamus likes this.
  15. pieroblues

pieroblues Rookie

ops you're right sorry

16. martcerv

martcerv Alien

There is nothing that can be done on your end for people rear ending you. No matter what the guy ahead does its up to the person behind to avoid contact, this is the same at any point of a race and even if lapping others. Though people defending under blue flags is another thing but the flags in AC have no meaning as there is no penalty for not obeying flags. They just help a fair driver but the poor ones wouldnt even know they exist.

The beauty with this once it takes full effect the way I hope it, does those that are doing the rear ending wont be on the higher rated servers. This means it should happen less often. Any reasonable driver shouldnt have issues with too low a rating and should be able to fairly easily get into the better servers where it wont be as much of an issue.

In most cases the worst guys are out of the way before half the first lap is done. This is why I keep full damage on my servers, sure it hurts you at times if someone cleans you up but they never get to finish a race. Eventually they either leave or will be kicked for repeated careless driving but with this app they should simply have too low a rating to get into many servers once that kicks in.

The guys with a low rating will need to build it back up in an open kamikaze server with other poorly rated drivers. So if they get through this they should be fine to race in the higher levels and will hopefully know how to make sure their rating stays at a level where they can race anywhere.

I think lap 1 contact should actually be rated higher as should be contact with anyone after they have been lapped. Monitoring how many off track excursions someone has would also be usefull to determine a drives hazard level. Same as contact on re entering the track should likely be rated higher then regular racing contact.

Minolin likes this.
  17. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

I did a lot of racing on Saturday my only issues were t1 and lapped cars.

Most of the lapped cars were new joiners and I understand there to be things in place to keep those in the pits. There was even one guy who felt the need to race us which was disconcerting when trying to race and overtake.

You'll always get a few bumps at t1 but I think server messages announcing minorating and mino-monitoring on join and on collision help to keep this to a minimum.

It's just a shame chat isn't on by default.

Edit: mino-monitoring you'll have to get a snazzy new logo for that!:D

18. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

The short answer to your question is; do all that YOU can to avoid these contacts. It's your rating so you also have a responsibility to protect it.
    The 1st incident at the end of Kemmel Straight was avoidable. Granted, he probably out braked himself and wasn't going to make the corner, but had you been aware of this you might have used the run off area instead of just taking your usual line and turning into him.
    In the 2nd incident you really could have left more room.
    You might have benefited by using Helicorsa.

The whole idea of this rating system is to change the mindset of racers out there. Public servers shouldn't be a place of 'All out War' where winning is everything. Respect the fact that other players can and will make mistakes and expect the unexpected. Your fun factor will rise dramatically ;)

19. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

I hope this system will succeed. It’s something which has the potential to clean up public multiplayer in AC.

20. I think it should all be public. Public safety board with all drivers, ability to display everyone on a server's Minorating, announcement of a drivers Minorating when entering a server.

Making everything public is a motivation in itself. The one's that drive clean have nothing to be concerned about.

TERRA21 likes this.