1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Minorating, my feedback as a noob

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tamerelapute, Sep 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tamerelapute

Tamerelapute Rookie

Hi every one, Hi AC team. I just wanted to give my feedback on minorating. I just started on AC maybe a month ago, and of course after just a little bit of training alone I went straight to multiplayer. I had a few out of track and contact with other cars as expected from a new starter. I wasn't overly agressive or really bad, but just behing unexperienced. I played the all night and had tons of fun. I really loved my first night on Assetto Corsa.

The next day I try to join a server, and bam. BANNED. Your grade is D. I look it up on google. Your grade is D, you might or might not be directly responsible of crashes with other players. Try to drive cleaner blablabla on a rehab server. I watch the server list, I understand what is going on. I am just unoficially banned from 75% of AC servers. Of course no one is running rehab servers as it is not the purpose of the software, of course I don't have a second chance, and I understand this rating is just an anti-noob software which is overly severe for the N rating and maybe to complaisant with players who have some rating points to spare.

My solution was to create my own server which is quite succesfull and I use the dedicated server option to automatically kick poeple who ram more than one car in a KM. Minorating is set in such a way that ANY noob player will get himlsef banned after the first day. After just a month of playing AC and Iracing, I think I became one of the cleanest noob driver in the business. I though it is a bit stupid to kill your own online community from new commers with such a system. I have the same kind of system on my DCS world server, and by no mean the values are set to exclude noobs from the online community. Think twice about it before you host official server using minorating.

Now I wish you a nice evening, I am going to enjoy the new Ferrari pack of the 70th anniversary.

Good bye.

2. Minorating is a third party app; Kunos has nothing to do with it.

3. Tamerelapute

Tamerelapute Rookie

I understand Kunos posted about hosting official servers using minorating. Anyways, this post is also a feedback for private server owners.

4. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Actually it's anti wrecker system, not anti noob and it's working pretty damn good.
    Since you already classified it as cancer and didn't even bother to look up what it is when MR gave you few lines of welcoming message when you joined the servers using the system, then "learn to drive and don't crash before joining MP" is probably the answer you deserve.

What I can agree on is that it's time to enjoy the Ferrari pack indeed.

5. Tamerelapute

Tamerelapute Rookie

Well then maybe minorating should be more EXPLICIT as a new driver isn't expected to know everything about AC running on an UNOFICIAL rating system...

It is definitly not an anti wrecker system but rather an anti noob system. I explained why. A noob driver like me who had only a few contact is concidered a wrecker, when a player that has more point to spare can wreck you in a game and get away with it.

I have learn to drive in multi since then but this software won't give me another chance so it is definitly an anti noob rating system than could be setup differently.

6. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

To earn a D rating you must have more than "a few contacts". A noob that routinely crashes into other cars might be a noob, but he is also a punk on the track and it's Minorating purpose to keep them out of servers.

P.S. I take it you won't be offended by the "punk" term since your nick is much worse than that.

chksix likes this.
  7. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

As a newbie I would suggest getting a few hours of racing against a field of AI set at a resonsable level. You can race at close quarters with them and get a lot of experience.
    Do you have "Helicorsa"?, if not look it up, it will help no end to avoiding bumps its a must for on-line racing. Also have a look at "Crew-Chief". This is another excellent third party app that can act as a spotter for you.. "Car left" etc.

The use of Minorating grades has transformed on line racing in my opinion.

Racing on line, unless within the confines of a club server is not the place to start with AC. You are only asking for trouble.

Schnipp and Horus like this.
  8. Tamerelapute

Tamerelapute Rookie

LeSunTzu, I assume english isn't your mother tongue but that's ok, I am not native english speaker. I repeat, I played ONE NIGHT before getting banned. So how can I routinely crash into people?

9. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

My english is as good as yours and so is my french, I guess. If you got enough crashes to earn a D rate in one night, you drove carelessly - to put it midly.

donShere and Horus like this.
  10. Tamerelapute

Tamerelapute Rookie

I agree with most of what you say. I have seen Helicorsa and other apps on youtube video since I was more implicated in AC. Now I don't need those apps as I can drive clean most of the time. The thing that I found a bit harshe is that nothing tells you what is really going on with this rating and as I was rammed and obviously attacked by other player, they where probably aware of how you can kick out a noob from the community by making contact with him, I guess this player still have some point to spare and still playing and raming people on ranked server. For that reason I don't think minorating is a good system.

However I think Kunos and simers could benefit if Kunos officially start a good ranking and online career system.

11. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Yeah those are the C rating.

Conspirators keeping noobs out of the community

12. Tamerelapute

Tamerelapute Rookie

Ok, I have to back it up with content as I am behing called a conspirationist. What's up with the generation X today? As soon as they disagree with you, you're a conspirationist.

I even took a section of it on shadowplay to show my friend as I couldn't believe it but yeah I am a conspirationist. First night on assetto server, just trying to follow my racing line, yeap still not pefect I am a noob. :

(behing such a wrecker)

Cleaner race from me after a bit of training on my own server :

But yeah, I am a noob conspirationist and an online wrecker...LOL

13. ElPueblo

ElPueblo Hardcore Simmer

in that first vid, why did you keep bumping into the other car repeatedly? Is that your idea of what 'holding the racing line' is?

You could clearly see that guy coming at you (rear mirror), he took that corner better than you, faster than you and then...you simply bumped into him (not once).

Not to mention the red arrow on the left side, suggesting someone is next to you.

Another thing is, look around, spatial awareness is key.

My suggestion is, get a Helicorsa app and practice, practice, practice that spatial awareness.

14. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

lol thank you that was funny. Yup. You are the wrecker in your vids. Every hit is your fault.

And you think the ones you crash into are actually crashing into you, on purpose, to lower YOUR rating.

This is gold. Fun times.

SS454, Schnipp, Berniyh and 5 others like this.
  15. Tamerelapute

Tamerelapute Rookie

All what I see from the two last comments are frustrated player who bash without arguments. "Yes it was your fault". Sure you are probably a professional racing judge. In the case of overtaking, if you have less than 50% bite in a corner side to side with a guy, YOU have to brake and give the leading car priority. Learn the racing code before you pretend to be an internet judge.

16. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

For the record: Minorating is the most easily exploited system on earth. Most people here exploit the hell out of it to maintain an A rating even when you don't really need one.

That said, how the hell did you get a D?

When I first bought AC last year and was told about Minorating, I followed the instructions, set up an account, and raced some of the most God-awful races the world has ever seen.

I still came out of it with a B by the end of day two.

So if you got a D, you were doing a hell of a lot wrong. Sorry, there's just no excuse for that at all. It's not just you driving on a track. It's lots of other people too. It's not just about you running your race. You have to look at what other people are doing. You have to get out of their way to avoid the crash if that's what it takes (and it almost always does because they're idiots that don't care).

So keep racing, only approach it differently: DO NOT try to win or even place. Just follow somebody that's going about your speed and don't hit him. That's all it takes. Do that and you'll be a B in no time flat.

After all, that's what most of the A drivers do: They have a few bad wrecks, they just jump on a MR server with a friend and follow each other around at a reasonable pace. PRESTO! Instant A rating again.

Horus likes this.
  17. Tamerelapute

Tamerelapute Rookie

"When I first bought AC last year and was told about Minorating, I followed the instructions, set up an account, and raced some of the most God-awful races the world has ever seen".

You answered your question yourself as per how did I get a D. I wasn't told about Minorating.

I have no time to waste trying to understand how to abuse this system. I just gave my feedback to encourage servers owner to stop using this system to moderate their servers as it is directly targeted towards new players. As you said yourself, most experienced players know how to abuse the system so that's one more reason to knock it off.

I have no problem dealing with a ranking system as I also play on Iracing and I use such a script to moderate my DCS World server. It's all about the settings, and this scripts is badly set up. It's also about letting the players to know it so you can prevent them to make mistake. Now your "minorating rated comminity" is missing a potential good player because I was given no chance to make my grade back which is another flaw of the system.

At last but not least, if only what it takes to get your A back is to play with a friend, it shows how stupid this sytem is. You can then be a professional online wrecker and get your grade back with a friend. I now understand how those "A" grade players keep noobs out of their realm...a real gentlement community as I see.

18. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

You missed THE ENTIRE POINT.

The point is: I raced under Minorating from the very get go, having no experience at all in this game. I did so ALONE and still walked away with a B (which I still maintain) all by myself with no help from anybody.

If I can do it, you have absolutely no excuse for not doing it yourself.

THAT is the point.

Now stop crying and making an *** of yourself, and learn to drive without hitting everybody on the damn track.

Horus likes this.
  19. Tamerelapute

Tamerelapute Rookie

You are just being salty here. Not everyone has your super habilities, as apparently you consider yourself a good driver. I think YOU missed the point as this post isn't meant to start a skill comparaison between individuals but rather to point that this software will filter noob drivers and not intentional wreckers.

PS: Despite the youtube videos, delusional wierdos like you keeps saying I am raming people. LOL, how funny is that.

20. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

Everybody has seen your videos. YOU were in the wrong. EVERYBODY says so except you.

Guess what, hotrod: When EVERYBODY disagrees with you, it's not EVERYBODY ELSE that's the problem. That leaves just you.

Enjoy your D rating and in all likelihood your W rating that will arrive soon and effectively completely ban you from online racing. But when that happens, be sure you blame EVERYBODY ELSE as you always do.

aotto1977, chksix and Horus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.