1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mirror refresh rate and frametime uneven graph

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by georgi iovchev, Nov 27, 2020.

1. I did some experiments with the new mirror refresh rate limit option. I also have 140fps in game limit set.
    I can say that the new option has good impact on the gpu load (the lower mirror refresh rate is the lower the gpu usage is). But it also have some impact on the frametimes "distribution", average frame time value probably is the same, but the frames are more uneven. See the first screenshot (mirror refresh limit off) - the frametime graph is almost flat, and see the others - clearly there is a difference.

I dont feel stuttering or similar in game. I post here just as an interesting observation. I kind a like more the flat line than the shaggy line with mirror refresh limit :)

off (same as before acc 1.6):
    off.jpg

auto:
    auto.jpg

20:
    20.jpg

30:
    30.jpg

60:
    60.jpg

90:
    90.jpg

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Shadows in mirror is console exclusive ??? Nov 15, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Wrong angle on the side mirrors compared to real life Mar 31, 2023
    ACC User Interface Mirror looks terrible Mar 9, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Lights in mirror looking ugly (just inside car) Sep 23, 2022
    ACC User Interface Move Virtual Mirror Aug 10, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Virtual Mirror in VR Jun 1, 2022
    ACC User Interface funny bug, physical car mirrors showing pits (during in session terminated replay) May 28, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Vr mirrored screen black May 14, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Black mirrors in replay Mar 27, 2022
    ACC User Interface Option to disable car mirros but maintain virtual mirror only Mar 13, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Suggestion regarding Mirrors Dec 23, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Realistic look mirrors [No wishlisting - especially on repeat] Nov 29, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Fix Screen Mirroring - Monitor View Pointed At Car Roof Nov 18, 2021
    ACC User Interface Can't see virtual mirror Sep 19, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Interior rear camera screen always off [Mirrors disabled] Sep 17, 2021

3. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Stands to reason that the frames when the mirrors are rendered will take longer.

WallyM and AndyK70 like this.
  4. Stains

Stains Simracer

I've always found RivaTuner the only way to get a smooth frametime graph.

I dont have a video in ACC using it but i do have this, as you can see without it cpped its rough but capped its a straight line ;) Better than in game caps also.

5. Using RT cause up to one frametime delay. I always prefer to use the ingame fps limiter.

6. Stains

Stains Simracer

Really, I never noticed, lol

7. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

There are many users of RTSS which can confirm you are getting less input lag by capping with RTSS than many ingame limiters. There might by one game or two which does it even better, but general speaking you can't go wrong using RTSS to limit FPS.
    The latest RTSS beta has massive improvements for fps limiting:
    you may even head over to blurbuster.com to read RTSS Scanline Sync HOWTO - Blur Busters Forums

Whitestar, Stains and georgi iovchev like this.
  8. Slowheit

Slowheit Gamer

I set it to 60 FPS. Should be good to know how much frames are being rendered in "off" mode. I can´t notice uneven frametimes with 60 though.

9. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

There are no frames rendered in "off mode" as you say. When using RTSS to limit fps it holds the render queue until the time has passed to render a new frame. That's why the gpu utilization goes down. It has less to do.
    Ingame limiter can do the same, but they also could use that "waiting" time to do other stuff, like AI, physics, etc... better.

The thing is,ingame limiter mostly working on a timer event message basis. The render thread gets a notification "He, time is up!" and starts to present the frame then goes to the next frame. This method is a tiny bit imprecise why you get some little jitter in the frametime graph.
    RTSS also can do this method, which unloads the cpu (wait state). But it can also do high precision frame limit, then using a busy loop to wait for the time to pass. This keeps the cpu in a somewhat loaded state and the cpu utilization is displayed high up to 99% but RTSS doesn't use the cpu exclusively, it's not hogging it.

Stains likes this.
  10. Stains

Stains Simracer

I had previously used nVidia Inspector to cap my FPS in some games that RTSS didnt work (eg.Wolfenstein II) nd i could really feel input delay while using that compared to the in game vsync.

11. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

But you know that RTSS is capable of displaying OSD in Wolfenstein II?
    You only have to enable it via profile config file and set PresentFromCompute=1 in the section [RendererVulkan]

It was disabled by default, because to display the OSD means to flush the compute queue and this results in a little performance hit, which many "normal" users then would complain about, because they don't know why.

12. Stains

Stains Simracer

I didn't know that but I've played through that game now anyway. What I do remember is I had to use inspector because nothing else removed tearing. That was my main goal at the time.

AndyK70 likes this.