1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Misano fast section

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Fernandito, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

Is anyone else having trouble in the fast section at Misano when braking (even with the car almost straightened up, not even slightly turning the wheel to the right) by the second fast right turn before the hairpin, with the Lamborgini Huracan?.

I'm always losing the car (the rear I think it is) when I brake, even sightly, in that specific point.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Misano | Track Guide + Setup | Tips to be faster Jun 14, 2022
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Misano - skybox black flashes, graphics glitches, FPS drops Mar 10, 2024
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Misano Sky flicker in VR Feb 12, 2024
    ACC Virtual Reality Misano skybox repeatedly flashes/flickers to black, skybox texture changes Jan 4, 2024
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Misano | HotLap + Setup | Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO - 1:33.227 May 7, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Misano warnings detection point too early Sep 10, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Misano DSQ for cutting T14 (Carro) and allowAutoDQ = 0 not working May 2, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS4 Misano problem Jul 27, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Misano Drive Through absurd? Apr 28, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Graphical artifacting, only seen at Misano Apr 22, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer DT on Misano out of nowhere Feb 28, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars misano grafic glitch Feb 28, 2020
    ACC Physics Misano Sliding Feb 21, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Very slow AI with Audi R8 at rainy Misano Feb 7, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room TFrag.tv | Community Endurance Race - 2hrs @ Misano Jan 23, 2020

3. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Increase front bump or rear rebound or stiff front coils or stiff front bumpstop or increase front bumpstop range or put brake ratio more to rear or add more wing or decrease rake or all or some of the above.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Arlo and Fr0zzen like this.
  4. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Or non of the above and just change your line :p I can take that corner properly without the rear stepping out with default Aggressive setup.

Rehooja likes this.
  5. Fr0zzen

Fr0zzen Gamer

Play a little with toe and camber.

6. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

less camber you mean?

It happens to me with the Huracan only, not with Bentley, and only in that particular spot. I have no trouble anywhere else in both tracks on this but just in that precise spot. That's why I wanted to know if there ewere an issue there or not.

7. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

My suggestion would be : brake ratio more to front (and not more to rear) ;)

dermonty likes this.
  8. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

happens braking even sightly and with the car almost straightened up (braking without turning the wheel) before the next second fast ton the right. I have already tried more front brake bias but it has no effect as well.

You folks sure there is some sort of issue with the track in that particular spot?, remember I'm talking about going through it with the Huracan only

9. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Instability comes from load transfer. Braking ratio to front means rapid transfer to front.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

10. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

But setting the brake bias more to the rear make the rear more lively when pressing the brakes... so instability.

I don't think there is an issue with the track.
    It's clearly a tricky turn, and you car needs to have a proper setup + braking with the steering wheel as straight as possible.

I think it would be good to lower the spring rate down, and a little stiffer to the front.
    Kind of : 3 front / 2 rear

11. Fr0zzen

Fr0zzen Gamer

I don’t remember what exactly needs to be changed to have more braking stability, AC1 gave pretty good descriptions. Just follow what liakjim said.
    My advice would be to increase the rear wing to get more aerodynamic balance. I drive with a lower wing on the Bentley in Misano and I have definitely less braking stability than with a high downforce setup.

12. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Could be more simple fix, like changing the differential settings preload and/or coast. I haven't tried the Lambo in Misano yet though.

13. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

Aris wrote this about the bumpstop setting, and the new graph. It could be a good parameter to control turn-in stability :

"The more stability you need under turn in, the more you need the front suspension to touch the bumpstop when pitching forward. So to make the car more stable, you need to lower the "bumpstop range" value so that the redline goes closer to the yellow or even touches it. Obviously if you need more turn in, then you go the other way around. You can also modify the stiffness of the bumpstop by increasing or decreasing the "bumpstop rate"."

Deatroy and Arlo like this.
  14. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

You've got too much steering lock on. I was having the same problem at first, I'm using the default safe setup. Turn in earlier than you think you need to and make sure you are fully straight before getting hard into the brakes. A little crossover between throttle and brake in the early phase while you still have some lock on will stabilise the rear end.

My PB around here is a 1:35:6xx in the Lambo in hot lap mode so if your lapping faster than that you can probably ignore what I just said!

Oblit0r likes this.
  15. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

I tried just tried the Lambo on Misano, after about 5 laps I was .3 down on my best Bentley time with a 1:35:2. It’s definately a seat of your pants moment through that section but with a little more practice and some fine tuning I think I can go quicker in the Lambo than in the Bentley

16. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

No need to change setup, just change your line.

7 laps at Misano with the Lambo with default Aggressive setup

Timestamps for that particular corner: (I've added this to the comments on the video so you can easily click them)
    0:04
    1:38
    3:13
    4:47
    6:23
    7:58
    9:33

How I take that line is getting close to the apex, straighten out the car and braking in a straight line while aiming for the outside curb.

JohnWicking and AC_RAF like this.
  17. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

ok thanks all for the responses and support. I guess It's just a particular problem of mine so I guess I'll dive into tuning setup a little deeper with this car in particular, specially regarding the damping stuff some users commented about.

One last thing, and about the too much steering lock another user above talked too. I have set my wheel to 560º to evenly match the steering rotation I can see in the virtual wheel for this car. Am I doing it right?. And about the steering lock option in the vehicle setup (mechanical grip tab I think it is). There's two values in there; 11 and 10. What do they mean and what value should I be using?, I'm currently on the 11 value just because I still don't understand what It stands for.

18. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

About the steering wheel : it is better to set it to 900°.
    I have a Thrustmaster T300 and I set it at 900°

19. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

sorry : double post

20. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

T300 gte here too. Yeah but in the beginning I also tried setting my wheel to 1080º just as I do in project cars games and the old assetto as well, but then didn't match the virtual wheel in game and continued to rorate full 1080º in a 560º range.

I think this game needs a wheel calibration tool so you can set your wheel at its maximum rotation angle, for then the game set the correct value per car, just like project cars and the old assetto corsa were doing as standard procedure. For example in the first assetto I set my wheel to 1080º, and the when inside the lambo the game locked my wheel to Its realistic 420º. Now it doesn't ion competizione.

Another solution would be that, instead of adding a wheel calibration tool, and if all GT3 cars have 560º rotation like the Lambo has now (according to the game, which is weird by the way and I thought this car and most GT3 feature 420º), then everybody is tell to set their wheels at 560º and that would be it.

All GT3 cars have same steering lock?, is it treally 560º instead of either 540º or 420º?

21. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Thx for thé vidéo, it's ineresting to see your lines, i know now where i can improve my times ;)

Oblit0r likes this.