1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Missing Mandatory Pit Stops in Online Races

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by mantasisg 2, Jun 24, 2017.

1. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I wonder if I'm unlucky to get into it, or people are just not using this great feature. I remember having it right after it was implemented for a few days, and later it was forgotten. Didn't even get used to it.

Does it have something to do with the fact that only 5-8 laps races gets populated (sadly), and it makes no sense to do a pitstop in such short races (but why not, whatever), or is there any other reason ?

I'd like to learn how to do quick, decent pitstop, and it is immersive.

I'm glad that timed races, and reverse grids are being used. Mandatory pitstops feels very missing.

WilliamRiker and eXo like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface Multiclass visual differentiation missing? Apr 14, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Missing information in ACC Server Admin Handbook Version 1.10.0 Apr 3, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Broadcasting API is missing track data for the Nürburgring Apr 1, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Missing 2020 season in the championship mode Feb 25, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Missing cars in GT2 solo races Jan 26, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Anyone else notice pink (missing textures) and street lights at Monza turning off as you pass them?? Dec 19, 2023
    ACC Gameplay (Fixed) 296 Missing in Intercontinental Championship Oct 13, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizione, physic mesh missing part May 6, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Audi R8 LMS Evo and Evo II missing bolt Dec 26, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting missing GT4 championship Dec 21, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Missing gamepad settings for gas Nov 27, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds I seem to be missing ks_spa!! Nov 14, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos Competition Servers@ACC: Incident Report missing Jun 23, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Livery editor Porsche 992 Cup Thrustmaster missing as sponsor Jun 14, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Spectator TV cameras are missing Apr 28, 2022

3. surephiel

surephiel Rookie

I too think its a great feature that just isn't used as much as it could be. Having a mandatory stop, even in a race that is only 8-10 laps, where you only need to put in 1 litre of fuel, adds so much more strategy to the race, similar to the Joker Lap in Rallycross.

One of the reasons I can think of why it doesn't get so much use is the general confusion it causes when people don't pay attention to the details of the server/race and wonder why they suddenly get DQ'd. Another reason could be how the pit window is configured (not the pitstop menu, that's awesome). I recall a certain 5 lap race at the Nord 24hr Layout in the 787s where all but one person was disqualified because they misjudged the window. Was funny at the time though :p

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  4. WilliamRiker

WilliamRiker Racer

We need OFFLINE mandatory pit stops...

eXo, norbs and Cameltotem like this.
  5. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

It is wonderful that they knew which direction to go around the track :D

Maybe more noticeable sign that pitstop window is open, and it is mandatory to use would have helped.

Maybe people doesn't even know where the pit entries are, because nobody ever has used them before lol

6. Cameltotem

Cameltotem Racer

Yeah so disappointing this is not in the game

7. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

I have just requested mandatory pit stops for the gt3 as-sf server, why not check it out.

It's a MR A/B server so the standard and ethics are generally pretty good

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The thing is that setting mandatory stop only forces people to stop and add 1l of fuel. We really need more with the stops such as forcing a tyre change, or minimum fuel to add.

Things like forcing what you must or must not do are needed beyond just forcing people to stop and do the minimum needed atm. You may want a tyre only chamge without adding fuel or forcing a compound change for example.

9. Tberg

Tberg Alien

If you can live with the quick altering behavior of the car, multiplying tyrewear and fuel consumption can force players to do both tyrechange and add more than 1L.

Problem with online short races is, that the majority of players fail to know what the hell is going on and DQ in frustration. So it's not very popular outside leagues and known "club" servers.

10. WilliamRiker

WilliamRiker Racer

Today i raced on an online race with mandatory pit stop and i forgot to config a pit preset before the race. When i entered pits, it didn't ask me anything and it just let me go instantly. Then i was disqualified for "not stoping" at the mandatory pit stop. Maybe when you don't configure any pit preset it should ask you in the moment what do you want to do like it was before mandatory pits exist

baboon, eXo and mantasisg 2 like this.
  11. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Thats very good idea, I forgot about that problem. That would be helpfull, right now if you don't have preset, IIRIC, it is best to roll out of pit stop, make a preset, and then roll back into it, IIRIC.

12. baboon

baboon Alien

Speeding into the pitlane autobrake just to refuel 1L is counter-immersive for me. Anyway, in a sprint race - joker lap or not - the best strategy is to have none and just pushpushpush.

13. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

It's supposed to ask you. The pit menu should come up as soon as you enter the pits (can also bring it up using the dpad or cursor keys).
    If that didn't happen, then it was a bug (there were a couple of bugs around regarding the new pit stuff).

Edit: these days the message on top also warns you that you have to either change tyres or add 1l of fuel.

14. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

Thanks to the very accomodating adnins over at
    GT3 Fight -[MR AB]- www.ac-sf.net

If you want to race with a mandatory pit stop, you now can. 12 laps, window from 3 to 9 GT3 car set. Minorating ABC. Drive with respect and fairness and it will be repaid I have found. With an active admin, mess around with corner cutting, pit lane abuse etc and you will be kicked.

See you there...

Cheers
    Friar

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  15. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Seems I keep missing the ABC everytime due to work schedule :( As soon as I return home it's back to AB :(
    (My job keeps me away for two weeks at a time)

16. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

@chksix - is that a flight sim nickname by anychance?

We have the server running with ABC at the moment to encourage more people to drive.
    If you are around on Friday evening I am happy to help you to try and get your grade up.

chksix likes this.
  17. Turk

Turk Alien

I've never done a pitstop, most races aren't long enough and I'd be a bit put off having never done one. But definitely looking to do longer races these days.

18. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

It is indeed! :D

Cheers for the offer! It'll be a while before I can go online again so I'll check back in this thread then.

19. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Just FYI, it's not 12 laps with window from lap 3 to 9, it's 12 minute timed race with pit window from minutes 3 to 9.

20. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

Thankyou Schnipp for the correction.

21. Rudski

Rudski Alien

This isn't a proper solution and @WallyM might be able to add more information to this but his league races where they force a pit stop was done by increasing the fuel multiplier. For example if you have the fuel multiplier at 10x this would force people to pit within a few laps and it worked for his league races (XGN league). You can do the same with tyre wear. It's not ideal but it's a solution that works fairly well.