1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mod that seems to make night racing in AC possible? (Working headlights)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShredatorFIN, Jun 3, 2018.

1. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Edit: Updating this post to raise awareness of this awesome project. At the time I wrote the original post, everything was at much earlier stage, and this post was pretty hastily written

Modders made full night racing in AC possible.

Some screens by kelnor34:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yes, that is AC1. How to get into this awesomeness?

1. Download Content Manager:

https://assettocorsa.club/content-manager.html

To get the full version, make a donation (any amount will do) for x4fab, the guy behind CM and shaders. He deserves it.

2. Install a weather mod, with 24h time support:

Content Manager allows using times of day outside default AC's 8:00-18:00. It also allows loading tailor-made cloud textures, lighting and PP filters, for each condition.

For example, two good options:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/good-and-bad-weather-suite.19484/
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/assetto4seasons.21408/

Follow the installation instructions of respective mods.

3. Install custom shaders:

https://acstuff.ru/f/d/28-shaders-patch-dynamic-lights

In addition to night racing, they allow other cool stuff, like

- Visual tyre flex
    - Working cockpit lighting
    - Different color headlights depending on car
    - Mirrors that work more like real mirrors (viewpoint moves when you move, TrackIR or VR)
    - Support for working odometers, clocks and other dash instruments (Odometer requires Stereos odometer app)
    - Working frog-eye lights (like F40) that gradually lift up
    - Working blinkers (currently enabled in very low speed turns, for selected test cars)
    - Headlights break with damage
    - Possibility for full track lighting

Some of this works only in beta version of the shaders (soon to be released v0.1.23).
    If you want them early, head to shaders Discord: https://discord.gg/FEztNRE

In Discord, see channels

#updates -- Latest beta version of Custom Shaders patch
    #configs-library -- Track lights (optional)
    #vertex-ao-library -- If you want to test experimental per-vertex Ambient Occlusion (optional, not related to night racing, but track ambient shadows)

Put track light configs into: steamapps/common/assettocorsa/extension/config/tracks
    Put AO configs into: steamapps/common/assettocorsa/extension/vao-patches

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues SPECTATOR_MODE=1 seems not working Dec 2, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Seems to lag in offline practice mode Aug 26, 2015
    General modding discussion Guest Mode For Content Manager Mar 7, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Missing 2020 season in the championship mode Feb 25, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Saving in championship mode Jan 17, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Objects not rendering when triple mode enabled Dec 30, 2023
    General modding discussion TOP 10 car mods for Assetto Corsa Dec 30, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Bug with TS-PC Racer advanced mode Jul 28, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Career Mode Extra Drivers? Jul 26, 2023
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues McLaren 720S door model issue Jul 14, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Do we have any better Porsche Cup liveries for single player mode Jul 10, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Why is there no 2023 Single Player Mode? Jun 27, 2023
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Importing modules Jun 4, 2023
    ACC Gameplay single player mode issues after 1.9 version May 26, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC crashing in single player mode May 18, 2023

3. ZachRacer88

ZachRacer88 Racer

It's already out and works well (IDK if it's legal on this website though)

4. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

They did not know it was impossible, so they did it.

Relf, paulieGTR, Bazilews and 15 others like this.
  5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Its still greatly limited by the engine, so its just a kind of of hack workaround that works to some degree with fairly big limitations. ;)

rauf00 likes this.
  6. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

The author of this mod is the author of Content Manager (a genius), so rest assured: it is awesome. Easy to install (drag zip file into CM, activate the app in CM content, download night weather filter and choose one) and it DOES work! Me, I am hooked.

For the moment only the cars emit dynamic light (front lights, rear lights, brakes, flames). Checking on the original thread, though, x4fab says he knows how to do track lighting, too, he just needs to learn how to optimize that. Read here:
    https://acstuff.ru/f/d/28-shaders-patch-dynamic-lights
    It seems there is a lot of activity going on among the weather modders, with new stuff being released or about to be released. I'd say stay tuned!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    GRFOCO, DaveS78, Cote Dazur and 5 others like this.
  7. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
    x4fab is a wizard :eek:

8. GzeroD

GzeroD Rookie

This.

9. Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    vanveen, ShimonART and Andrew_WOT like this.
  10. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

Soooo, why did RD remove the wet mod?

11. If @AC Support checks the contents of my link and then removes the link we will know the answer, otherwise you would have to ask Bram.

12. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

The lights mod is s pretty cool, works in VR too and looks really good with GBW 2.1 night time..

Does the wet mod contain edited kn5’s of kunos tracks?

13. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

14. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

We are not involved. You guys should ask RD.

15. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Kunos should seriously consider hiring him.

Bazilews, rauf00, katikomer and 6 others like this.
  16. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

I'd like hear some word from @Lord Kunos about it.
    I mean, for sure imho even in Kunos they will have tried this kind of solution for night racing.
    If this is the case, why drop it?

What does he think about this stuff?
    Does he aspected a so much deep modding in his game?
    Yes, in the end some personal idea about this project.

( or maybe it's just me missing the good old Lord's stream... :( )

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    SidewayzShuffle// likes this.
  17. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Right? Meanwhile, I'm sending him another donation for the incredible work he's doing!

Just when we were starting to think AC had used up all nine of its lives... :D

sirgaric likes this.
  18. I am baffled and amazed.. the guy really is a genius.
    I have no idea how he's doing what he's doing.

Phil64, PhilVitt, Warlock and 68 others like this.