1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mod that seems to make night racing in AC possible? (Working headlights)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShredatorFIN, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Jakal

Jakal Racer

2. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

[​IMG]

Track lighting is being worked on by several modders. Screenshot by kelnor34 from shaders Discord

3. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

How do the generic track lights work if you don't have a track specific .ini?

At Feldbergring there are lots of lights in strange places where I don't want them (see below) and none where I would like them e.g windows of buildings, maybe some tents lit up and the odd campfire and also the hot air balloons.
    Can lights be placed using something in the lights mod or is it down to the track modder to set these up?

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  4. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I probably should have added that I tried using a Feldbergring config for the lights patch but it just added more lights in strange places. I guess for things like a flickering fire light x4fab would have to add something and then the track makers themselves... Hopefully one day, need some campfire s and lit balloons.

5. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

What weather mod is recommended for night driving (in VR) and do we have yet day night day transition and if yes, how does it work?

6. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

You better ask Ilja, but I think day/night progression is possible with Peter Boese’s mod.

7. SunBro

SunBro Alien

BTW i love how skeptical the title of this thread still is :) "seems to make"... more like "makes". No offense to OP btw, love that you brought this to people's attention in the first place.

Nahkamarakatti and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  8. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I'd install black night, I use it on our server and I know at least 1 other server uses it for MP so one reason to download it. It is also dark enough for VR which is another. G&B has dynamic day night I think but dunno if it transitions between them, someone mentioned something about that but I forgot, it doesn't have a night only weather though so I haven't used it that much to know if the night is dark enough in VR, the misty sunrise is nice from G&B and I use that sometimes. It doesn't have a night specific weather though so no good for MP (AFAIK.) Assetto by night was way too light for me using VR so I wouldn't recommend that one and 4 seasons I downloaded but I don't get it and haven't tried it (made by the same person that made Assetto by night I think.) For a nice dark night in VR and a standalone night weather which can be used in MP BlackNight is the daddy.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Cote Dazur likes this.
  9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Yeah, OP pls change the title to something more confident!
    ;)

10. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Well, I wrote it in June 3rd :) Shaders and project wasn't nowhere where it's now. No track lighting for most tracks, headlight power was lacking, FPS was bad compared to now. Today it's nothing short of having night racing in AC, with slight FPS cost (which would be the case even if it was made by Kunos). Absolutely everyone who plays AC should know about this mod, install it and use it

11. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Actually, I updated the OP to raise awareness of this. If there's something I should correct, let me know

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

06FFBB15-7EF4-4C4F-9AB2-59364A1FEB84.jpeg

Sadly, still the same here.
    Proof above....

13. SunBro

SunBro Alien

No he meant he updated the original post. Which is a very good update btw.

ShredatorFIN and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  14. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Not sure if I can edit the actual title of a thread? OP has unlimited edit time for his post, but it excludes headline. But yeah I put some basic install info, if someone with no idea about this stumbles across

15. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

As usual with my luck, few hours after I decided to give it a shot. :D
    Great idea with editing the post though.

I installed the custom shaders mod and along that the "Black night, ideal for the green hell" from RD as that was recommended to me. Until now I was using the Natural graphics mod and SweetFX. I turned them off before trying the night mod just in case, but anyone knows if all those mods can work together?
    Common sense says that Natural mod was tweaked for standard (day) AC so it might not be suitable for night weather. And I'm not sure if SweetFX isn't actually messing with same stuff as custom shaders?

BTW CM isn't necessary to install the mod.

16. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Personally been using latest GBW suite with included stuff. ReShade, and the GBW_reshade PP filter that comes with it. Seems to work pretty great in all weather and time combinations. It uses the CM function that switches PP filters automatically, to finetune the look of different weathers (this has to be enabled in CM > Settings > Drive > Use weather's custom PP + clouds)

I guess people can use wide variety of combinations. The shaders are the main thing. While imo the best weather mods work only with CM (due to it's ability to load weather-specific clouds and PP). Some use the Wet Mod in combination, but believable rain is a bit further away (probably unreachable) due to lack of working wipers, rain drops and aquaplaning. Night however works great

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    V8_KB and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  17. Jakal

Jakal Racer

Actually all Kunos cars come with working wiper animations. Just go to the CM showroom and activate the animation in the car params tab by clicking on "Wipers". I guess Kunos was never really sure if they wouldn't find some way to implement rain and made wiper animations a requirement for their models just in case. But yeah, propper rain is not going to happen for a while. Ilya of course wants to look into it and mentioned "having his own ideas about doing rain" when the wet mod was mentioned on the discord, but right now his focus lays elsewhere.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  18. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Yes, but then how do you activate them when driving? there is no allocated button command that I could find.

19. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

You can't
    Ilja made it possible in the custom showroom

Cote Dazur likes this.
  20. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I just click around different PP filters (when making videos in single screen mode) and use whatever. You should be fine with any of them when using BlackNight. So what did you think? Tried Feldbergring at night yet?

After_Midnight and V8_KB like this.