1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mod that seems to make night racing in AC possible? (Working headlights)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShredatorFIN, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Hardcore Simmer

I believe its turning in a number of ways a shadow into a fake light source. (I think its fantastic)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  2. Pixelchaser

has this chap defined any pre requisites for track making for inclusion of this yet? .. ive been working on something lately that would certainly suit such stuff if I'm not already doing a similar thing... but I'm not changing the default shaders. track side. https://i.imgur.com/PZaxDWE.jpg

nate likes this.
  3. liakjim

liakjim Alien

I don't think that this is the case.
    Assetto is using a single light source (eeeerrr right?).
    As such there are no other shadows except from the ones casting from the sun.
    But on this mod, we can see light coming from bulbs, brakes, flames etc.
    It's got to be something else.

Pixelchaser likes this.
  4. Pixelchaser

I`ve been using fake white shadows by using negative figures via sdk in both object shader and weather shaders and with a re arrangement of normal and geometry the shader relates too I think that's how its done. its not adding new light sources. its hacking and faking a special effect in a convincing way. but its not technically correct to do it this way (imo) I will be looking into it. but I prefer to create realistic art for it on the track then let that stuff do its job possibly.

5. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

why don't you contact the mod's autor?
    Maybe a collaboration could be fine

6. TDS

TDS Alien

@x4fab bring some lights on the subject ??? :) amazing stuff mate!

7. TDS

TDS Alien

ok tested a bit more of it.. this is freaking good! it just work @x4fab

After_Midnight likes this.
  8. Tino66

Tino66 Alien

x4fab was last seen: Jun 16, 2017 :p

It is a awesome mod but it seems he don`t come here anymore.....

9. TDS

TDS Alien

he is on simracing discord all the time gonna point him here :)

10. What the f**k I'm doing wrong? Complete darkness but no headlights.

Edit: Nevermind. Got it working. Apparently needs to enable from JSGME.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  11. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

It's a nice mod, but a bit of a resource hog.
    hopefully it will progress into a more serviceable feature.

12. TDS

TDS Alien

running it at 4k flawless with gtx 1080 ti & i7 7700k here

13. TDS

TDS Alien

14. Some Le Mans action.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Salajutsu, Alistair McKinley and TDS like this.
  15. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Managed to test "Assetto 4 Seasons" finally, and it's great. Funny thing, it vastly improves day time graphics too. As surfaces reflect light always (to extent), especially early day/afternoon when light is dimmer. Especially backfires look much better and more real, when they reflect from tarmac. But brake lights too.

Sadly I can see a notable FPS hit. Hopefully it could be made less severe, otherwise great mod and everyone should try it. Even if you don't care about night racing, it makes AC look better overall.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    ShimonART likes this.
  16. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

runs great for me as well, until you put 25-30 cars on the track.

But then I have my settings cranked up to the Max,
    ultra everything, shadows, reflections and smoke in the mirrors
    I want to see it all.

17. Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    Ischemica and TDS like this.
  18. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

A4S is a great mods over my expectations. The only limitations for the moment is that you are not abkemto use fully in the Customs Champioships as you can instead do with quick racesmdue to the time slider which goes only from 8,00 to 18,00.

19. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

I'm surprised so many people are liking this. According to the forums, people will only try night and/or rain once for the novelty and then never use it again. Huh.

:p

D.Jankovic, Andrew_WOT and GRFOCO like this.
  20. To be fair I only used the wet mod a couple times and don't even have it installed at the moment.