1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mod that seems to make night racing in AC possible? (Working headlights)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShredatorFIN, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Did you guys see this already? :eek:

Sorry, old news, it's just few posts above mine. Still, it's crazy.

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  2. Pretty crazy indeed. So we get seasonal changes without even having to load a winter version for instance ? The season is set based on the day, how does that work ?

3. hazardic

hazardic Alien

yeah, this is a whole different game now.. rolling starts and that will be the game of my dream..

4. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

It already is the game of my dream, I am way ahead of you, :p, for me real mirrors sealed the deal.:D

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  5. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

I don"t believe so, you would need winter or wet version of the track, depending on the season and weather you want.
    Will be happy if I am wrong, but they require different textures.

cerebralvortex likes this.
  6. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Actually the seasonal changes (winter, autumn trees/grass) in that x4fab's timelapse video are made with shaders, not textures (sorry if that was obvious, as it's timelapse). He wasn't sure if he will publish it though, as winter racing isn't really realistic in most cases. For really good seasonal graphics you of course need texture overhaul, so trees lose their leaves etc.

Ace Pumpkin and Andrew_WOT like this.
  7. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Big WOW, if that's the case. Can't wait for the release, would that apply to wet tracks too, or we still need wet versions.

8. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Racer

How the Neck FX works in VR? Because if I activate it then the lock to horizon won't work anymore. What is the trick? Thanks

9. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Racer

What are your Neck settings for VR? Thanks.

10. AnnieC

AnnieC Gamer

Left all the settings on default, it works well for me. On the other hand I cannot imagine how is lock to horizon good with VR.

11. peter boese

peter boese Hardcore Simmer

12. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

TDS, Guidofoc and Alistair McKinley like this.
  13. Jakal

Jakal Racer

Disclaimer: Terrible controller driving. Didn't have the wheel set up and was in a hurry. It's more of a showcase for the mod than for my own driving skills :D

LeDude83, TDS, Guidofoc and 3 others like this.
  14. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

What a pleasure to drive AC Unleashed this afternoon, Wet Spa, Light Rain (sol), 5 x time progression, from 14h00 to 22h00, day to night progression, real mirrors, decent FPS in VR on my system. 15 opponents with skill spread from 88% to 96%, different sports cars, quite an experience. passing and being passed, even lapped by some, with blue flag working.

[​IMG]

AC as come a long way, thanks to @x4fab, @henter and @peter boese , they have done what was supposed to be impossible.:cool:

As I was driving, it made me wonder about how smart a decision it has been to go with UE4 for ACC, when all we ever asked was already there, just waiting to be unleashed.:eek:

Time will tell, but one thing is for sure, I don't care anymore, either how long, if ever, ACC will deliver, because all I ever wanted and more is already available to me in AC.:D

I have also to admit that it is beyond me that their is more talk in the AC chit chat about other SIM than all the latest extraordinary development we have had for AC in the recent month from our modder friends. You guys are a strange bunch.o_O

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  15. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

There are not enough "like" and "agree" buttons in the whole world to show how much I appreciate your comment. Well said. Thank you.
    (I just spent an hour watching the moon changes its shape with every rising in SOL 1.0. It's incedible; not forgetting all the hard working people (at Kunos') and modders who have made this possible.)

16. Jakal

Jakal Racer

I know they've got so many other things floating around their heads with ACC right now. But i would love @Lord Kunos to see and comment on what fans have done to this game. It still blows my mind what 1 russian and 2 german hacky bois have achieved here.

17. AnnieC

AnnieC Gamer

I think that post from Lord Kunos is relevant here:

LeDude83, Ace Pumpkin, TDS and 2 others like this.
  18. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

AC Unleashed, I like it.
    Will be interesting to see if Kunos stick with UE4 for the next big title after ACC is out, so far Unreal was quite a big disappointment.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  19. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

20. exited22

exited22 Racer

5 lap sprint Race versus 15 AI cars at Donington with the Porsche 911 Cup from night to daylight in VR.
    Don't focus on the driving as I couldn't aswell, this looked just too amazing :p
    Honestly I have no words how awesome this looks in VR. The sunset is out of this world, I had goosebump while driving yesterday :)

I'm a massive ACC fan, but atm the only things which is better in ACC than in AC are the physics and the sounds. In every other aspect AC is far ahead. The night looks better, the headlights do look better on screen and in the mirrors, the game is near to crystal sharp, performance at every time of the day and condition is great for me, the track lighting is so much more detailed (look at the radio tower at Metzgesfeld, mind boggling), etc. etc. etc.

Just awesome! Thanks @peter boese and the whole team! Outstanding work!