1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mod that seems to make night racing in AC possible? (Working headlights)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShredatorFIN, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Done !

sissydriver likes this.
  2. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

I've started messing about with the day/night transitions with the shader patch again now that I can run shadows and keep mostly 90 FPS in VR due to my new RTX 2060 :cool:

Having 2 issue during night time ....

1) dropping to 45 FPS , is there any recommended shader optimization settings to improve the performance at night ?
    2) the headlight reflections on other cars seems too bright (almost just white out the cars) can this be dialed down a bit?

cheers...

sissydriver likes this.
  3. peter boese

peter boese Hardcore Simmer

There is an option "car lit" in the lightingFX settings.

sissydriver and boabmatic like this.
  4. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

Cheers will check that out tonight ....

Also loving the SOL mod... keep up the great work you are doing :cool:

sissydriver likes this.
  5. Jakal

Jakal Racer

6. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

:eek::eek::eek::eek: OMG!
    The holy grail - SPARKS!
    This is no sarcasm: I love these in ACC and I will love them even more so in AC 2.0 :)

Cote Dazur and Guidofoc like this.
  7. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

0.2, you mean unleashed. :p
    Joke aside, I agree, all those nice graphic feature we are getting are just so nice.:)

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  8. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

This has been bothering me for a while now, when using the latest patch/CM/sol, but it as always been like that since we got the night driving, when driving with the lights on, most cars also have illumination inside the car.
    I am not talking here about when the car is followed by an other car, illuminating the interior with their headlights. I am talking about the car being on its own and the interior is illuminated.
    I do not drive my car IRL with the inside light on, why are most cars in AC being illuminated?
    If not sure of what I am talking about, try the la ferrari at night and you will understand.

9. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Slowly AC becomes rocket science :cool:
    But its alright @Cote Dazur. Think its the Instruments Illumination?

10. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

no it is not.
    [​IMG]

sissydriver likes this.
  11. This is how it looks for me:
    [​IMG]

12. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Thank you, I would like it to look like this for me as well. I hope I am not the only one with the issue, maybe someone else had this issue before and fixed it.

Alleluia!, Found where the issue came from, enabling either/or "disable mirroring" and "disable mirroring in first person view" in settings/custom shader patch/lighting FX/performance will create the interior illumination. Beware!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    Phil64 and sissydriver like this.
  13. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

does anyone know how to adjust the volume of the rain and wiper sound affects.
    thanks

14. le Bluem

le Bluem Racer

not possible atm, soon ™

TDS and rd.king like this.
  15. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Wow last night Content Manager had an update and... YAYYY!!! Finally the Shaders Patch is integrated in CM!! No need to download it separately! And with a bunch of new options for the track configs, the VAO patches and the car features. This is a big step forward. Great job!

16. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Great step. Ideally everything would be in one package, SOL, Shaders patch, wet mods. It would reach even wider audience, when you could say "Just install CM, done."

Wonder if the wetness could be achieved with Shaders patch, by simply making the track reflective. So it would work in any track at least on some level, automatically. And then if there's a proper wetmod, it would replace it automatically, and enable it automatically in rain, without a need to list the wet variants in track menu or anything

17. This.

18. bromstarzan

bromstarzan Hardcore Simmer

This is really sweet stuff!
    Just tried the shaders patch - dynamic patch (0.1.25-preview49) + Sol (1.1.1) and it is brilliant!
    Is there (today) a wet track mod that works well with the above? (I had no time to go thru all previous pages). I found A.Fracasso's Wet Mod, but it seems it generates a list of problems too, or?

Hats off to everyone that contributes to this awesome extension of AC!

19. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

@bromstarzan Don't use p49, use p73 instead as Sol 1.1.1 requires a p63 at least.

20. bromstarzan

bromstarzan Hardcore Simmer