1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mod that seems to make night racing in AC possible? (Working headlights)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShredatorFIN, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Jakal

Jakal Racer

2. My old *** pc with a low budget video card runs 15-18 car grids (while live streaming) with no issues...just sayin'

3. AnnieC

AnnieC Gamer

I found the Toyota GT86 to be a great car to drive at night in AC. The high revving engine makes me feel like I'm going fast if the volume is high enough and it's forgiving but great fun to drive. Today I drove it on the Nords like I stole it until the fuel ran out, it was incredible. I think I found my next RL life car playing AC :D

4. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

The mod is heavy in my case while plying in vr...just saying.

5. God forbid that you have to either turn down graphics settings or possibly even use a monitor in order to use the mod; how dare the stupid modders for not making their creation use no resources.
    /thread

6. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Dynamic lights at night have always been big GPU hitters in any game, we all understand and can accept that.
    The point of planned CM change is to eliminate that overhead when headlights are not needed by using either OEM or modded shaders based on chosen time.
    Best of both worlds, don't understand why someone wouldn't like that.
    Unless of course modded shaders can be optimized to run on par or at least have smaller overhead comparing to stock version.

martcerv and Tino66 like this.
  7. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Are headlight shaders still enabled when headlights are off? My increased FPS seems to say no, but I could be wrong.
    Brake lights, backfires and brake glow still look awesome during daylight weather (although a bit overdone), I'd love to see it left as is, it's not that much of an FPS hit unless you're running a potato. Really, If you want to remove these effects during daylight racing, just simply disable the shader mod...

8. Tino66

Tino66 Alien

The shaders is on but don`t think on them as headlight shaders, the shaders affect other stuff.
    Headlights on is what takes it,s toll on the FPS.

9. This is looking pretty sweet, thinking the thicc transit with its 2t weight should be a nice showcase for that!

One more small clip: https://i.imgur.com/CjPqF0q.gifv

GRFOCO likes this.
  10. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Just run AC benchmark with stock and mod shaders and see for yourself, no need to guess.
    Plus I can still see some occasional stuttering even with the latest version.
    Don't understand why this back and forth exchange still going on and what are you trying to convince me of.
    It is on TODO list anyway, so everyone is happy
    https://acstuff.ru/f/d/28-shaders-patch-dynamic-lights

TODO:
    • Optimize rendering logic to hide lights not in the view;
    • Replace all the shaders (23/32);
    • Optimize shaders (not just for custom light);
    • Adjust lights parameters;
    • Load car details to adjust lights to car size, headlights color, etc.;
    • Display accurate night time;
    • Integrate with Content Manager to replace shaders when needed and more;
    • Add support for animated lights;
    • Add support for track lights;
    • Add support for extra lights?
    • More stuff I forgot about right now.

martcerv likes this.
  11. The most important thing on the side https://acstuff.ru/f/d/28-shaders-patch-dynamic-lights
    should be quoted too:

"Just an experiment with replacing all the shaders in AC with custom ones."

We should be just happy someone is willing and able to do it.

Many thanks to x4fab aka Ilja Jusupov :)

Greets After_Midnight

Blamer and Tino66 like this.
  12. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

That just mean that the mod could be heavy in ressource consomption even by daylight, that why i don't use it. It's a fact, as the fact you don't suffer fps hit with your config.
    Did i blame modders, i dont think so.

mms likes this.
  13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I really like this mod, it's quite the challenge and good fun to learn driving and race circuits at night. Big thanks to Ilja @x4fab.

14. Tino66

Tino66 Alien

I am not trying to convince you of anything my post was not a reply to you.

15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I did see this when the thread first started but only just gave it a go, really quite impressed as they have done pretty well. Runs quite well on my 1080sli setup in 4k with full ai grids and looks pretty cool too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Does anyone know how to set a server beyond the AC server manager times of 8am to 6pm?

16. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I have tried to test a server running this mod and will put up at least one more. Its running the V8SC 1.1 mod at Bathurst and is called "Marty's RaceOnOz V8SC v1.1 (Night MOD+A4S weather)" I assume it will also need A4S weather as the weather profile is Autumn from this pack. I couldn't get it fully dark as CM does modify its sun angle beyond whats possible in the launcher so its more like Dawn or Dusk in the server but headlights will still help.

17. plaid

plaid Alien

Looks pretty nice. That screenshot gave me a nice Project Gotham Racing vibe.

Now I just wish Forza Horizon 4 would offer more realistic physics.

ShimonART likes this.
  18. martcerv

martcerv Alien

19. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Is it possible to force it on a server? I new you could do it player side with something like clear to night.

20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I just tested in the server this is with sun angle -45 which was the same I got in single player. Not as dark in server but with no a4s weather its like kid day in server.

With the server unable to run late night its not properly dark here it is without the shader mod but using A4s weather.
    [​IMG]
    This is with the Shader light mod and A4s weather.
    [​IMG]
    Here is the same server without the shader mod or A4s weather installed. :eek:
    [​IMG]

Also main issue with the server setup is people without the mod racing in complete daylight don't need their lights on and so its very hard to see them.

This is actually something I noticed in PC2 MP it was clear some had the game setup where it didn't get dark and would purposefully turn off their headlights so you couldn't see them. I hope ACC addresses this in some way at the minimum making it compulsory to run with lights on in night hours or get a penalty/DQ. Its nearly impossible to not allow mods that do turn night to day which I know is fairly common for some in most sims that have night racing. I don't think this can truly be avoided but MP checksums on all the files that would allow these mods would be very handy too but this wont happen in AC.

So if you were to run this in a league for example there's no real way of making sure all are running at night. But the headlights not on is a fairly clear giveaway that someone sees much more light then should.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    Andy-R likes this.