1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Moddable cars

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by NFS76, Jan 5, 2017.

1. NFS76

NFS76 Gamer

I couldn't find any suggestion forum for PC-version, so I guess this could be useful for both versions. Because Kunos can't produce enough normal car to this game (like something we normal people can ever afford), could you please provide us some basic FWD, RWD and 4WD models with no restrictions on adjustment, so that we can tweak our own car's from those, by adjusting power, suspension, gear ratios etc. That would be really awesome.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Will ACC be moddable in the future? Jul 12, 2019
    General modding discussion New exhaust flames - moddable? Apr 2, 2016
    General modding discussion Tech Preview is moddable?? Feb 22, 2013
    ACC Troubleshooting Cars disappearing, but still in the session Apr 8, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Major Lag/Freeze, Causing Hud and Cars to disappear and reappear Feb 24, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Cars teleporting for a split second into pit lane and back Feb 17, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer GT2 cars output as GT4 carGroup in results Jan 29, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Missing cars in GT2 solo races Jan 26, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer GT2- some cars cant join Gt2 Server Jan 25, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Don't see DLC cars in the game Jan 25, 2024
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Wrong fuel usage values for GT2 cars Jan 25, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds All AI cars on all tracks are driving 50 mph during race! Jan 14, 2024
    Physics Bugs & Issues Some Kunis F1 cars have abnormally long gears for me Dec 24, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Cars haveing bad netcode at the start of each session Dec 19, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Dirt-effects on cars and windscreens Jun 7, 2023

3. Horus

Horus Alien

Not going to happen, well not any time soon if ever.

4. NFS76

NFS76 Gamer

I know, but I really can't understand why. Maybe developers have access to these supercars in rl, and they don't understand, that someone would like to drive Nordschleife with Passat 2.8 V6 syncro, or BMW E36/46 328i.

5. Horus

Horus Alien

I agree with you that it would be great to have more 'Normal' cars, but they all receive the same processes when it comes to AC. They get data sheet bashed and then transferred into the game. So if Kunos don't do it you have to go to the modding community and ask there. To be honest I do not like all this ingame modding of specs and parts as it seems very arcade orientated. I would rather drive a car that has been seriously developed in house and drives similar to one you could purchase. As for modding your own car, it reminds me of a lady who had spent over £20,000 on a Nova. She had upgraded everything, suspension, brakes, turbo, wheels, paint job, entertainment centre, the works. When she went to sell it, it was worth less than a standard model. If you want a sports cars, buy a sports car. THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION, OTHER OPINIONS ARE AVAILABLE (but will ultimately be very wrong, as they are not my opinion). :)

6. I agree the comment "I would rather drive a car that has been seriously developed in house and drives similar to one you could purchase" instead of the large number of community mods.
    Not that I dismiss the community efforts at all, but I find it annoying when a car drives like a supermarket shopping trolley instead of the genuine item.
    I own a Replica GT40 and a Caterham 7, 'built by me', neither of which drive like the mods in the sim.
    No offense intended either, but perhaps some form of QC needs to be implemented.

7. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

The GT40 is not a mod.

8. It might not be a 'Mod' but it certainly does not drive like a genuine one, or even my 'Replica'.
    Little things make a difference, for example, the Caterham in 'A.N.Other' sim tended to understeer like a pig and (a minor detail) the roll bar was 3" too low.
    Due to the way this particular sim was set up these nitpicking (on my part) faults were corrected.
    Just in case there is confusion regarding the 'GT40', I'm referring to the genuine 1960's car, not the present day abomination.
    ;)

9. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Right - in my world (and I assume yours) that is the only Ford GT. ;)

If you really believe that the Kunos car has it wrong, I genuinely suggest you open a thread in the physics bugs forum. Since it is in fact official content, that's where such information will be useful. If you bring facts and data (and leave out opinions and impressions) I can all but promise you they'll listen.

Dookie likes this.