1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Modern DTM cars in AC?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by chakko, Oct 17, 2016.

1. chakko

chakko Alien

I know, the chance to get the license for the current DTM cars, let alone the series is close to none, with R3E bringing the current licensed content anyway, but maybe there is a chance to model a car from 2015 or earlier? Would really like to have a DTM car in AC, i think it's a nice series, and the car should handle quite well too.

Otherwise, it would also be cool to have some "normal" touring cars in AC too, like, for example, some cars from the TCR series, which would be quite doable license wise, i guess. BTCC, rather not, considering the drama about the car data in iRacing, after they acquired the license to model some BTCC cars. :rolleyes:

Anyway, what do you think? DTM car doable? Or a modern touring car?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    XBox One Discussions Xbox one "Dev Error 6034" in Call of Duty Modern warfare Sep 8, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Create achievements for players like what we have in COD Modern Warfare May 24, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Exactly how much difference is there between 90's / vintage Street and modern Street? May 9, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Using ABS in modern racing cars (GT3 GT4 P1GTR FXXK) Jul 11, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Zero FFB during understeer in modern Formulas Mar 20, 2018
    Chit Chat Room I tought temperatures make only GT and Formula modern cars faster, but Lotus 98t becomes faster too Oct 2, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Kunos a modern FWD touring car maybe? May 30, 2017
    Screens & Videos AI Race: Lamborghini Countach vs. modern rivals! Mar 29, 2017
    Suggestions Modern Street Tyres for Lamborghini Miura Jan 20, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Community Pool Modern Spa Dec 20, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Thunderhill Raceway reminds me of a modern Riverside Dec 1, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Modern Ferrari F1 Vs AI at Zandvoort Nov 2, 2016
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Modern Flat UI Sep 4, 2016
    Suggestions Add Goodwood track as modern track for all historic cars Aug 3, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Slow in modern GT cars Jul 16, 2016

3. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

There is the very good URD DTM Mod for the years 2013 & 2015, with 2016 coming for free in the future for people who have bought the 2015 pack.
    Its quite good actually, URD quality work. Google "United Racing Design"

4. chakko

chakko Alien

Thanks dude, will do. :)

5. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

TBH for me it's the same as the GT3, GT2/E cars... just another boring, lifeless paddleshifted tool.

The early '90s DTM are superb. All of them are so different and mechanical. I'd love to get Audi V8 quattro DTM '92 and maybe Mustang DTM from the same period... racing in alfa, merc and bmw DTM is so much fun... they are all alive.

But that's just my opinion.

6. chakko

chakko Alien

I thought i'd like the 90ies DTM cars too... reality is though, although i don't think they're bad, i feel like they're a bit lacking in power though. And the Alfa is quite an understeering beast. It's hard to compare anyway, AFAIC, the modern DTM cars are more like prototype cars (as far as i know with quite a bit Formula technology under the hood), while the old DTM cars were more like "standard" touring cars. Anyway, what i see in onboard of the modern DTM cars, i do like. I feel like they handle quite nicely. Personally, i like both vintage cars and modern cars, if they handle well. For example, i think that the modern F1 cars are absolutely beautiful to drive in AC, and every bit as close to the real stuff i see in onboard vids. But, i like also the more vintage cars from the 90ies, 80ies, 70ies or 60ies in AC. There are very few cars which i dislike in this sim.

7. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Been driving a lot of street- and classic cars over the last few months after getting the Rift. So, yesterday I thought some GT3 racing would do fine while I waited for some friends to arrive on another server, and woah! GT3 racing, full grid online with at least 10-12 drivers at my level or better is insanely demanding, I was sweating, yelling and praying all the way because of the intensity. Mind, Rift+simvibe+CSW v2 add a lot to the experience over a flat screen and G27, and I think it´s a very common belief that GT cars are "boring" for the drivers out there with low-end hardware. I know I was one back then.

If a guy wants modern DTM, why not? I would like any full series KS would ever be able to and want to invest in, modern as classic.

8. chakko

chakko Alien

I double that GT3 thing. On a good server with good and fair drivers, GT3 races are loads of fun. :) Relatively easy to drive, yet good power makes for close racing. Actually we're spoiled with choices now, aren't we? And still looking for new cars the whole time. :p

Ace Pumpkin, snyperal and Psit like this.
  9. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

That means close racing is fun, not the cars. Fun cars are still fun when you're hotlapping by yourself. ;)

That said, DTM cars look pretty fun.

10. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

That could be true for the 190 Evo II or the E30 M3 DTM in AC which are still Group A-like, but the 93' Alfa was a later Class 1 Touring car that didn't retain much from it's road going counterpart, so as the other C1 93-96 DMT/ITC cars it battled against.
    SANY0021.JPG
    (more pics here)

11. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

On the stream with Stefano and Marco someone asked if modern DTM will come to AC and they said there were no plans for bringing them to AC.
    So mods are the only way.

Horus likes this.
  12. chakko

chakko Alien

Thanks. I guess i will purchase the URD mods then, fair enough, as they're looking good. "Official" material will always be favorable for me, but, as long as the mods are at least on a semi-professional level, it's fine too. Although i have yet to drive the mod which gives me the same feeling as the factory cars...

13. Obizzz

Obizzz Racer

The URD mod is very nice. Too bad it's not used much online.

I second the opinion about some modern touring cars. I'd like to see a couple of TCR cars in AC.

14. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

An AUDI V8 to go with the M3, 190E and 155 would be A.W.E.S.O.M.E!!!

mESCx and xystof like this.
  15. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

IMO URD cars are the next best thing to official content. They have some kind of partnership with Kunos, they made the C6r that we have as official content. I've not tried the DTM mod but I have the EGT (GTE) and IndyCar mods and both are fantastic.

16. chakko

chakko Alien

Nice, that sounds great. Very confident to purchase the mod then. :)

17. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

The URD Mods are great. I have no real desire for DTM content though.

18. Timberwind

Timberwind Racer

So far their support was good with frequent updates.

19. chakko

chakko Alien

I purchased the URD t5 pack a couple of days ago, and tested them a bit today. They feel good. A minor issue would be that the FFB seems a bit weak, and sometimes the engine sound overlaps the tire squeal. But apart from that, it's a fine mod. Cars feel good, the Aura seems a bit understeery, the view is ok (not a necessity with mods... sometimes the view is completely messed up, and you need to rearrange the view to make it fit). Again, i do believe that the mod isn't quite up to par with the factory cars, but it's pretty close. Dunno, it's that last bit of perfection which is always still missing with most mods. Probably mostly to do with the FFB. Hope that i can catch some more crowded servers running these cars at the weekend. I found a couple, but one obviously had an old version of AC or the mod running, as i had a mismatch, and the other 2 servers i tried had no drivers... well i guess that's the curse of payware mods. :p

20. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

URD made the 3D model for the C7R. Physics were done in-house by Kunos. They also released a free C6R mod about 2 yrs ago but it is wildly out of date now. I believe they also made the 3D model for the gt86, as well as another few cars as I recall hearing a while back.

BrandonW77 likes this.
  21. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Yeah, I think that's always gonna be the case with even the best mod cars, nobody else can capture the Kunos magic. But for me the URD cars are closer to stock content than most other mod cars and I find them quite pleasing.

chakko likes this.