1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Monza 66 and Shadow issue

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by FatPini, Nov 13, 2013.

1. FatPini

FatPini Gamer

Hi all, I'm really enjoying AC, it's by far the most natural and intensive driving feel I've ever got! I bought the game yesterday and since then I've enjoyed the street cars so much. Today I've started to use the Formula Abarth and the BMW M3 GT2. I use no assists, pro mode but I can't get AutoBlip off, it's really annoying for me! So I've decided to search for some ini file to set properly and I found in Documents folder the "assists.ini" in which there is "AUTO_BLIP=0" so it's disabled but, again, when I lunch the sim I always got this AutoBlip when I downshift. I'm trying the "HardMode" :) deleted the game, deleted the Assetto corsa folder in documents and re-downloading the game. Let's see what I can get.
    Also, it's seem that AA is not well applied in shadows, driving the Lotus 49 at '66 Monza is a nightmare! I can't understand where to go, I've seen some YouTube videos in this days and it seems normally clear visual. I've tried to get AA and FXAA via .ini file together but there were no gain at all.

Ciao!
    Ignazio

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Monza 66 (full) shadows, cars bouncing until they take off Aug 27, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues error on shadows in classic Monza Apr 2, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Monza shadows / sun position Mar 16, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Monza 66 high shadows bug? Nov 27, 2013
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Anyone else notice pink (missing textures) and street lights at Monza turning off as you pass them?? Dec 19, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues Initial fuel per lap is wrong for McLaren EVO at Monza Jul 10, 2023
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC vs iRACING at Monza GP Jun 25, 2023
    Screens & Videos ACC | Monza | HotLap + Setup | Ferrari 296 GT3 - 1:47.322 May 10, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Please prevent going straight on Monza May 8, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Meatball flag glitch Monza Apr 20, 2023
    ACC Physics Honda NSX Evo can use positive camber at Monza Apr 10, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Monza - Wet (Rain) | Hot Lap + Setup | Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo - 1:56.823 Oct 6, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room RWB ACC Big Grid Monza 8/12/21 Aug 27, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars replay helicam white line track boundary shines through cars "z-index" issue Monza Aug 16, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer [POSSIBLE CHEATER] Aston Martin V12, Monza Aug 12, 2021

3. i suspect some cars have auto blip by default, like the ferrari 458, right?

but the lotus 49 shouldn't auto blip.

4. FatPini

FatPini Gamer

Aris answered me in another forum, he told that GT2 and Tatuus have Auto blip. i was not talking about Lotus 49 for auto blip but for the Graphic issue :) i will modify my OP according to Aris answer

5. JRantajoki

JRantajoki Rookie

I took off HDR for now, seems to have fixed the shadow issue in Monza, and looks crisper anyway. There is some sort of setting in one of the .ini files for added blur with HDR (not meaning the blur ingame setting). Maybe only taking off the added HDR blur might help too. Haven´t tested it myself.

6. FatPini

FatPini Gamer

i will surely give it a try, i rember that i've spotted some things like that, i have blur in game set at 3 and i remember to have seen under HDR a Motion_Blur=4... i need to remember where:)

7. FatPini

FatPini Gamer

I've tried to set in the HDR.ini @ SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg the voice "BLUR_ITERATIONS=4" (by default at 4) to 0 or even 1-2 but there were no difference.
    HDR ON; Motion Blur=3 BLUR_ITERATIONS=4 (click to see bigger img)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HDR ON; Motion Blur=3 BLUR_ITERATIONS=0

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is not a big issue, but with AA4x and FXAA 6x it's kinda strange don't you think?! :)

Now back on track! :D

8. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Racer

Pretty sure you need to change the video.ini file in your MY DOCUMENTS folder... not the steam install folder.

9. FatPini

FatPini Gamer

I will try ASAP, but i don't recall an HDR.ini file in documents folder... I will look when I came back home

10. FatPini

FatPini Gamer

So, i've searched for the HDR.ini in "My Documents" and i didn't found it. Anyway, i somehow understand why i could have this issue, it's like a too low "drawing distance" so to speak,, by driving at Imola at 18:00 going on front Straight i can see the sun onto the wall on pit exit even if all the start finish line is all under the shadows and i can clearly see those "drawed" in front of me

Look at pit exit

And this is how i see Monza '66 (scary! :D unfortunately compression didn't gave justice to what i'm experiencing, uncompressed video is 900 MB and with a 0.5Mbps upload ADSL i can see my sons grow before it end to upload it! :) )

all of this is not because i want that every single particel in that digital world MUST be perfect, but i'm writing all this because this issue is ruining my immersion experience. I've found AC very immersive with the feel of the car, the great audio of the BMW GT2 jumping on the Imola's Chicane, i'm totally "inside" the sim, but then i went to this zone where the shadow put me back to reality "outside" the sim :(

I've tried to disable all sort of settings but nothing helped me. Full AA and FXAA or 0 of both did not make any change.

11. FatPini

FatPini Gamer

Seems like that there is a workaround for the shadow for Nvidia users. https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/possible-to-turn-shadows-off-completely.1492/
    Using sparse grid super sampling they are able to get a lot less flickering on shadows

There is something similar for AMD users? I've tried to apply Super Sampling from CCC (yes, I've used acs.exe and not AssettoCorsa.exe xD) but the results was no AA at all.

And again, I've seen some videos where I cannot spot this "short" drawing distante for the shadows
    I've managed to get a good compression