1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
    Dismiss Notice

More abusive damage system (not visual)

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by magzire, Mar 2, 2018.

1. magzire

magzire Alien

If you wreck and damage a wheel or suspension, thats pretty much race over. Bit extreme but id like to see as a option along with gravel traps.

TDS, baboon, hristo1026 and 2 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Are engine damages implemented? Wednesday at 3:31 PM
    ACC Gameplay 7.2 engine damaged before hitting rev limiter May 5, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer v0.7.2 cars crashing and receiving damage before release Apr 21, 2019
    ACC Gameplay A.I Not Pitting Due to Severe Damage Apr 4, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Mechanical damage state persists when session is restarted Apr 4, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Visual damage windshield problem in VR Apr 4, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars 0.7 Visual Damage Effects Apr 3, 2019
    ACC Physics Brake ducts and Tyre damage Apr 3, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Visual damage Mar 14, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Tire damage Mar 8, 2019
    ACC General Discussions When do you expect the matchmaking, damage and penalties? Mar 6, 2019
    ACC General Discussions is there a planned damage model? Mar 5, 2019
    ACC General Discussions We need damage online! Mar 5, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Shock induced damage Sep 20, 2018
    ACC Gameplay AI cars following slowly a damaged car, creating the train Sep 13, 2018

3. kikie

kikie Simracer

Indeed, realistic mechanical, electrical and electronical damage. I'd love to see that in ACC.
    But also soft body damage as in Wreckfest. I really love realistic visible soft body damage. I know and understand that soft body damage is not a priority for many, many simracers but this simracers enjoys a lot when a race game has realistic soft body damage. I also know and understand that soft body damage is not important for a race sim and probably not going to be a part of ACC.

When I was a little boy, I use to put some my matchbox cars and other toy cars between a vise to simulate an accident. I think I'm still that little boy in this regard. :D
    I tried Wreckfest and going to buy it, simcade or not. It is pure fun, that game and I love it.

Thank you for reading my rant, or childhood crap. :rolleyes:

TDS and magzire like this.
  4. chksix

chksix Simracer

A realistic damage system will make drivers more careful too if they have something to race for. A wrecker can never finish a championship. One problem is that he can finish the championship for another driver but perhaps that could be handled partly manually via a protest system where mods can undo the damage of the pro driver while the wrecker gets a ban.
    (I think Brioches KMR system should be working in collaboration with Minolin in ACC. Making crashes expensive would reduce wrecking even further)

5. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Simracer

IMO realistic mechanical damage should be an option, certainly for private lobbies and offline use, but, at the same time, I don't think it's the right move for all the official servers. Damage is frustrating and has the potential to ruin otherwise good races with small slip ups and issues. Just my personal preference but I'd use a modified damage model for most of the online racing, especially the sprints, where you can take small amounts of mechanical damage but it heals itself in a short time frame allowing you to continue racing but impacting you for a few seconds in a lap. Not very realistic but IMO a decent comprimise that discourages contact but isn't the frustrating, race ending contact brought on by a careless driver. I'd also prefer to say damage being weighted, with more damage when you hit someone from behind, provided they solve things like brake checking with the rating system.

TDS and M-Bimmer like this.
  6. Oscar1900

Oscar1900 Gamer

I like that idea. I'm not sure how easy would be to implement. And depending on the severity of the damage the "penalty" could be different.

7. Turk

Turk Alien

Wreakfest is a great game but you'll notice it kind of stands alone with it's visual damage, it's also not going to work with carbon fibre cars. The only game that has better damage is basically a tech demo and it's only reason for being is crashing into things. BeamNG. That kind of damage is going to take away from driving physics. It requires to much overhead that could be better spent elsewhere.

I'm totally confident we'll get fairly realistic mechanical damage, I don't expect to see visual damage any more detailed than in AC. And if you think about it that's all you'll really see on a modern race car, the panel cracks, or just falls off. It doesn't crumple, it just breaks internally and flaps about a bit. Anything worse than that and it's race over.

8. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

It's a typical situation in gt racing when you have damage on the bodywork that the tires get damage over time from it until bodywork gets repaired or the piece of bodywork falls.
    I don't expect too much innovation in damage modelling in ACC let's see if they surprise us.