1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

More cars or more tracks?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by warth0g, Feb 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

A little idle speculation while we’re waiting. Given that this is a simulation of the Blancpain GT series and given that I imagine Kunos will want to expand on content in time, probably with paid DLCs, what do you think is the most likely path for them to follow?

Every Blancpain race has support series like GT4 and TRC, so adding these cars too would be a possibility. But then again, this year sees the launch of the Blancpain GT World competitions, with a series in America and one in Asia, so those could be simulated too, adding a large number of new tracks.

In time, all of this could be added of course, but what do you think is most likely to be added first, if anything? What would you most like to see?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds All AI cars on all tracks are driving 50 mph during race! Jan 14, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions WTF $10.99 for the cars, plus $17 99 for the 3 tracks Nov 10, 2022
    ACC General Discussions Bored with low choice of cars and tracks... Feb 8, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Where does Nico Rosberg get his cars and tracks Nov 16, 2021
    General modding discussion Is there a go-to place for downloading cars and tracks? Aug 14, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Suggestion for forum: Specific Tracks and Cars Threads. Mar 16, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game doesn't start all tracks/cars Dec 5, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Is there a depository for times of various cars on various tracks in AC? Nov 16, 2019
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Redline Motosport (RLM) - Season 2 with 2019 cars and tracks. Oct 23, 2019
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Searching nice Screenshots of Cars and Tracks for a Wiki Oct 17, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds No game modes launching all cars and tracks Dec 17, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Sensitivity changes when choosing different cars and tracks. Oct 12, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Cant load cars and tracks - just goes back to main menu Aug 20, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Game crashes after loading tracks&cars Jun 27, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Mod Cars have no sound on replay. Mod tracks replay not working properly May 23, 2018

3. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Another Thread of wishlisting and speculations.

4. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Correct! Well observed. I even used the word speculation in the very first sentence to make things easy. If the topic (posted in General Discussions no less) offends you, feel free to pass over it.

5. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

I felt forced to comment this thread.

Link

Link

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  6. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

blancpain World series

7. Since Blancpain GT series is a SRO series I'm dreaming of seeing the SRO Intercontinental GT Challange coming as a DLC to ACC.

Son likes this.
  8. DHMoto

DHMoto Gamer

I'm more interested to see what gets included here in ACC. Damage model - can your tire get cut down? Will there be code yellows? This is important as this will ultimately determine if it is unique and transferable to other series. Safety cars and FCY are a big part of most series, so being able to implement them is a big part of authenticity. The implementation thus far has been a source of frustration in other games more than added reality (ie. F1). Someday I envision a game that includes the following sequence when dealing with on track incidents: 1) you can specify how many FCY's you will have during your race 2) then in race a crash occurs with a disabled car 3) a FCY is announced (depending on the series, a safety car may be deployed) 4) on successive laps you pass the disabled car, then you pass the car with a tow vehicle on site then the next time around the (safety car pits) race director calls Green Green Green. Also penalties from a virtual race control - this is kind of in AC already, but a more robust and true to life program would also enhance immersion.

9. carlossanchez97

carlossanchez97 Hardcore Simmer

The thing with ACC being a game is that, yeah, they can add FCY and Safety Cars, but are they really going to be used? Let me explain: In case you crash your car to a point where you can´t even start the engine, the car doesn´t need to be towed, you just press esc, and back to the pit and, even if there was some debris from the bodywork, I don´t think it would stay on-track and then marshalls would have to remove it.

It´s just that it´s not practical. People just want to race and not being lapping for 15 minutes at 80kph. The "realism" subject and how Kunos treat it can be seen on the RaceDepartment interview on Youtube. If you get stuck on the gravel, it´s not fun, for example. Therefore, on the game you won´t be able to get stuck on the gravel.

I´m saying this using iRacing as an example, where crashed cars have to be towed, but not phisically. Just press Esc, and wait a few minutes for you to choose if you wan´t or not to fix the car. And the same thing comes with Safety Cars,with them been mostly used for the formation lap or if the race director (or server host) decides to launch it for some reason.

I hope I´ve been clear about what I think it could be when the final version releases, and of course, it´s just my opinion and I could be wrong, but I just think it would be more logical this way. ;)

10. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

Sticking to the theme of a safety car then - the formation lap safety car? That shouldn't be too hard to implement, as it just needs to do the same course as all the other drivers/ai, but pull ahead a couple corners earlier and pit.

carlossanchez97 and D.Jankovic like this.
  11. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Thing with safety car is, mostly people join random lobbies... In random lobbies crashes happen quite often, a lot of crashes means a lot of safety cars, a lot of safety cars is not a lot of fun.
    Would be nice to have a safety car for league racing, but I would not mind at all if it won't be in the game.

Realism is not always better, imo.

Typer and carlossanchez97 like this.
  12. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Then why not improve other areas of the game to support cleaner public servers instead of not implementing safety cars at all for everyone? Seriously...

For me the sim isn't complete until it replicates the relevant mechanics and rules of the series, like safety cars. It plays way too much into race strategy in endurance racing to not have it. Definitely takes priority over public lobbies for me.

grrdabrr and tjr like this.
  13. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

This is a large part of the appeal of this game for me. I really hope that by focusing on a single series we get a genuinely authentic experience, warts and all.
    I love multiplayer against other humans, but I'm also really enthused by the prospect of a properly structured GT3 calendar/career to play through offline.

EDIT: I might get shot down for saying this, but I actually feel that one of the downfalls of PC2, which I happen to like (I know, boo! hiss!) is that it tries to do too much. All that content means that it is 'Jack of all trades, master of none'. Hopefully, ACC will be undisputed master of GT3 racing by virtue of being able to solely focus on just that. So far, I believe this will be the case. In short, less content may be a good thing.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    blaugranamarti and trutya like this.
  14. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

If they would improve other areas to have cleaner racing in public servers, then I would love to have a safety car. But, as it was recently made public that people will be able to join a session mid-race, I'm not very excited of having a safety car.
    Aside from that, endurance racing will never be a success in public lobbies. People will just come and go whenever they want.

In real life drivers are professionals. Online, in most cases, people are not. Safety cars will be a pain in the arse, and I hope that if Kunos will add a safety car option, that they will also show if a lobby has the safety car turned on so I can avoid joining that lobby.

Aside from that, having a safety car for offline races would be great.

trutya likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.