1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

"More complex pit-stop system"

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by ZioYuri78, Nov 15, 2018.

1. trutya

trutya Simracer

you mean that board?

true, it would be perfect. much better than the opacited rectangle which disappears as you come close in cockpit view :)
    (i used to switch to bonnet cam to see where it exactly is...)

i'm wondering if there would be longer pit stops too, because of random mechanic issues (brake disc change for example) or damage repairs, not only for us but for AI cars too
    that would be great if you could set a possibility of mechanic faliures too, or punctures.
    maybe i'm wishing too much btw :D

2. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Yep that one. :D

3. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Yes, there aren't many visual cues at the moment about where your position is.

4. Nev Roberts

Nev Roberts Racer

Absolutely, I don't care for the blue box, precise alignment is difficult.

5. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

+1 to the "lollipop" board man

6. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

To be fair i never seen them colide with lollipop mans marker they always stop as close as possible to it with windscreen and lollipop man slaps it on windshield sometimes .
    That stationary marker is different story tho.. it is always tuched by the car. Now i would rather for them to give us that board marker and we hit it (but that gives then issues where people can slam in to it and send it flying and creates issues with pit stop not starting etc.) Lollipop man would be nice.. But i bet you will hear **** ton of more people complaining same day when they remove markers from the ground they will complain how they dont know where to stop.. and they stop a bit on side their car gets pushed first and then lifted again etc etc.

Precise alignment is IMPORTANT since if you stop outside of the box your car needs to get lifted and moved to pit stop area witch will make you lose time.

7. John Caetano

John Caetano Racer

I love the idea about getting into the pit correct, but at the same time would love some documentation on what’s good vs bad. I mean angle, etc...

8. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

The simplest explanation is if you enter at an angle or not precisely on the Marks in your Pit Box then your Team has to re-adjust, this takes valuable time be it the smallest fraction of a second or 1 second+. If you're way off your Marks then the team has to physically move the car into position wasting even more time, so entering your Pit Box becomes an art in itself, especially in wet conditions where the Pit Box could be on a different surface to that of the track meaning different grip levels which you have to take into account.

Then there's the length of the Refuelling Hose, now in (V8)Supercars teams have this as short as possible to allow quicker transfer of Fuel from the Tank to the Car, so if you enter your Pit Box way off your Marks then the Refuller has to adjust or again the car has to be physically moved, again losing valuable time (I'm not sure of Blancpain specific pit stop rules FYI this is just an example).

Which ever way you look at it, a Pit Stop in any Racing Formula is a very important part of the Race itself and one where races can be won or lost, so practising Entry into Pit Lane and then your Pit Box is advisable for Races . It's not just about learning the Circuit, it's about learning the small details, hope that helps :)

Typer likes this.
  9. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Do you always have to stop the engine to make the pitcrew start working?

10. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Yes,it is the Blancpain pit stop rule.

Son and Axel Vogelsang like this.
  11. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Did you guys already recognized, that the Lollipop man is now included?
    I say thank you!
    But I´m sure, Kunos would have included it, even nobody would have asked for it in EA-state.

D.Jankovic, After_Midnight and Son like this.
  12. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Yeah, but he doesn‘t work all the time. In my first attempt, everything works fine and he dropped the lollipop. The following pit stops, he didn‘t drop it, no matter where the car was stopped.

D.Jankovic and Nev Roberts like this.
  13. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

I was testing something today...and look who i found in my pit stop :D I am starting to love Kunos silent fixes and it is soo cool to see these details put in... :) amazing stuff THANK YOU KUNOS for listening to your community.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. tow

tow Racer

You guys should thanks to me, please read post #18. Lol.

15. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Does everybody think, if you don´t ask or demand something, Kunos wouldn´t do it on their own?
    It´s an EA state, there is a Roadmap and a Vision of the final game, you can´t have everything on day one.
    Just be happy, you got invited to the early acces and enjoy the development. Report bugs, no demands.

Did you read this:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...me-rules-for-reporting-bugs-and-issues.50866/

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019