1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Morning thoughts (off the wheel)

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by eRacer212, May 24, 2019.

1. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

MORNING/EVENING (doesn't really matter)
    This sim gets into my head, I was commuting this morning and I realized that I was doing trailbreaking and holding the steering as I do in ACC (not the relaxing commuting position, if you know what I mean).
    My wife couldn't stop laughing. I keep saying that 'racing properly' in a simulator is very macho, not nerdy; and that is a simulator, not a game; and that is training, not playing (but the brainwash doesn't work).

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    dek, Turk, D.Jankovic and 4 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions 3 races, 3 crashes this morning Dec 10, 2022
    Screens & Videos Morning in Nordshleife Jun 4, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions MultiPlayer racing Saturday morning 6am GMT Oct 7, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Never race at 2am in the morning! Jul 6, 2015
    Screens & Videos That morning glare. Apr 4, 2015
    Suggestions Having AI turn on headlights when the time is set to early morning or late evening May 19, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions New PS5 gameplay thoughts Feb 22, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality About pull the pin - latest thoughts on best VR headset for ACC? Nov 5, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Your thoughts since release Jul 25, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Creating Fuel Strategy Spreadsheet, any thoughts on features? Dec 23, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Some thoughts about ACC (laughing or crying?) Jun 26, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thoughts on degrees of rotation Jun 10, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Thoughts on an Application like Trading Paints May 23, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Just finished a full length Bathurst 12 hour, and I have some thoughts Feb 13, 2020
    ACC Gameplay 1.05 - Why I don't drive ACC regularly - Single Player thoughts Jul 6, 2019

3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Terminology used in my family has always been "I'm going for a ride in the racecar."

And BTW, I'm rev-matching my car on downshifts...that's from AC :p When it's safe to take a turn a little faster, I use a proper racing line, as well.
    BTW 2: A Renault Grand Scénic III has a surprisingly good F/R weight distribution :-D

sherpa25, chksix and eRacer212 like this.
  4. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

I knew I wasn't alone. C'mon guys, is time to come out of the closet :p. Come out and say it: I'm a racerboy.

LeDude83 likes this.
  5. I've always been one for slipstreaming lorries on the motorway...

LeDude83 and eRacer212 like this.
  6. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

I'll go again.
    I once hold back a Huracan with a Saab diesel.
    There are many rich chaps in London with a Lamborghini. Sometimes I cross with them in the same direction crossing Blackwall Tunnel, and you know... they like reving the engine. And tbh I like the sound, but some of them don't know how to do it. They try to rev a 500hp monster in 3rd gear (foot down in a tunnel), which basically launches the car forward like a missile, instead of just downshifting.

One of these geniuses got on my nerves onceo_O, and I drove defensively, covering both lanes and blocking him at 30 mph for the whole tunnel. He was very angry, flashing lights, screaming w***nker, etc, but he couldn't pass. Even if I knew it was stupid and it was wrong... it felt a bit right (please don't judge me:rolleyes:).

7. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Yeah, guilty as well. We have a roundabout near work with a paved section inside the road. I took the ideal line for accelerating out of it this morning and was wondering if I actually had 2 wheels inside the white lines or if I was risking a cutting penalty ;)

Also I once had the situation of loosing my rear on the motorway at 130 km/h because I wanted to "educate" some middle lane drivers. Sim experience was part of me being able to get it back under control quickly, I guess.

eRacer212 and LeDude83 like this.
  8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

It really helps, IMO. It helps you to react appropriately and also to not get scared. Someone pulling on your lane in an unexpected way or hugging your rear bumper with the high beams flashing can cause nervous breakdown for some people. Not for me. Being in such situations in the virtual domain is very good for practicing appropriate behaviour. It's impressive, really.

9. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

Exactly, I totally agree with you. London driving in the morning is basically Mad Max: Fury Road. Thanks to sim racing we can overcome real life obstacles. So... A+B+C= racing online is macho not nerdy. :D

10. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

My wife was always saying its a GAME untill i sat her down behind the wheel in AC and she was driving some car with Hshifter and same things where happening to her in AC like they did in RL :) now she calls it SIMULATOR :D

eRacer212 likes this.
  11. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

Brilliant. I sat my wife at the wheel of a Range Rover at Nordschlife. She did it in under 12 minutes, first time driving (anything) in her life. She still calls it a game, though. A bit stubborn.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  12. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Agree on the traffic circle fun.

And being relaxed under pressure, coming back from Mosport through Toronto in the left most lane of 4, moving with traffic ahead of me, and this idiot comes up behind me, on my bumper, expecting me to move over.
    So I come up to a transport truck to my right, slow down and box him in, so he has no were to go, he and his wife are going nuts, I'm smiling.

Any of the above, smart, no, fun. hell yes.

Radfahrer and eRacer212 like this.
  13. Turk

Turk Alien

That happened to me with AC. I now rev match everything I drive, even a luton body Mercedes sprinter.

I don't see many super cars around these parts, were I live is all narrow, windy, hills, bumps, having a low car isn't really doing you any favours. I drive a plain old Citroen C4 1.6hdi van. I drive the living bejesus out of it and somehow it's still alive and I've grown to absolutely love the no frills, don't give a **** nature of driving that car.. One day I was coming from the next town over, there's a long straight leaving the town which leads into a section of roller coaster road and I come up being a Nissan GTR at the start of the straight. When I come up behind the GTR it takes off down the straight. I know the section of roller coaster road extremely well, the GTR had English plates. The roller coaster road starts with a 90 degree left hand bend but there's a little hill right in the middle so you can't go too fast or the car jumps across the road into the oncoming traffic. He braked so early for that corner that I caught him before he turned in. Then he had to sit through the embarrassment of holding up a 1.6 litre diesel van until he got to the next straight bit of road where he took off again. He had the fastest car but the smallest cojones.

I don't really do braking the speed limit,but I don't slow down for corners like normal people and Ireland is mostly corners.

eRacer212 likes this.
  14. dek

dek Racer

I feel all of ya:p:D