1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Motec Display Jitter & UE4 World Origin Rebasing?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Coanda, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I have noticed the Motec Display & dash clock jitter even whilst stationary & engines shut off. So it got me thinking. Another game I play (FPS) that also uses the Unreal Engine also had a micro jitter that caused issue on your aim/physics. They solved this issue by the following:-

"Added World Origin Rebasing. As a player moves further from the map’s “origin point,” there is a subtle but exponential increase in tiny deviations or “scope jitter,” especially when looking through powerful optics. This gets much more dramatic as map sizes scale up and makes for frustrating gameplay when trying to fire weapons more precisely. World Origin Rebasing essentially repositions the origin of the world for each player dynamically to reduce the distance between the origin and the player, fixing the jitter that you experience in things like magnified optics, player animations, and nametags."

My questions are does ACC have the same issue as they are using the same engine? And if so does this have any small effect on your vehicle physics?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Motec Display Jitter & UE4 World Origin Rebasing Feb 27, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Tyre Temps: Motec Display vs Setup Display? Feb 26, 2019
    Console Lounge More information on motec display Dec 15, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues BMW Z4 GT3 MOTEC Display Floating Dec 20, 2013
    ACC Tools Motec i2 Pro Math Equations not Working Dec 13, 2023
    ACC Physics brakes, motec no longer works to adjust the car? Jul 17, 2023
    ACC Tools Motec i2 pro software - track analysis didn't show up the track map May 22, 2023
    ACC Physics Question about MoTeC channel "ROTY" Apr 7, 2023
    ACC Physics New bumpstop in motec Apr 24, 2022
    ACC Tools Help with my Motec suspension Histogram? Jan 1, 2022
    ACC General Discussions MoTeC, a Journey: Getting The Most From Data Analysis Sep 6, 2021
    ACC Physics problem geting bumpstops porsche gt4 on motec May 20, 2021
    ACC Physics (SOLVED) Motec log file empty (was, most of it still is though) Apr 4, 2021
    ACC Physics MoTeC Question: adjusting offsets of corner/section of different laps Mar 8, 2021
    ACC Physics Motec behaves strangely Feb 21, 2021

3. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Simracer

I highly doubt this would be the cause of the jitter as some pfs maps are quite large or can be in ue4 and the track maps would be no ware near that size.

4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@Paul Sutton - This game (Squad) has relatively small maps though. 1x1, 2x2 and largest being 4x4 km. Race tracks are relative to that area size. I am in no way saying this is the issue for sure. Just putting it out there... Maybe one of the devs will pitch in here :)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019