1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

PHYSICS MoTeC telemetry and dedicated ACC workspace

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Simracer

Thank you for your response, I was hoping that the Replay files would have been created with sync data included.

2. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Is anyone else having trouble generating a track for Suzuka..? I am following my normal method however here is the outcome..

acc_suzuka_icgt_trackmap.jpg

3. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Looks about right....

AndyK70 and Coanda like this.
  4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Inspired by Rumen noddles..

5. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Track editor - Generate track - Select 'Crossover'. Not sure what it does, but gave me a correct layout.

WallyM and Coanda like this.
  6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I normally use closed however crossover worked.. Of course, the track crosses over itself.. :oops:

Oblit0r likes this.
  7. rikirk

rikirk Racer

The snippet below shows the car after a tires swap at SPA with a setup height of 57 front 57 rear. MoTec contradicts the data with a 54 / 62 (mm) before and after the service with no refueling.

I would understand a gap due to fuel load, much less the positive rake.

ride height.jpg

8. seb 6th gear

seb 6th gear Racer

Could be your Maths when determining static suspension position, ride height doesn't exist as a channel so your are estimating it. Maybe the wrong way ?

Impact of higher fuel level will also affect the rake in different ways depending on the car, on the Porsche with front fuel tank it would increase the positive rake, whereas on a car with a fuel tank behind the COG it will decrease the rake, or be neutral if the fuel tank is located at the COG.

Also consider the tyre thread wear, you could have up to 1.5 mm increase ride height going from heavily worn tyres to fresh rubber as we have 3mm thread depth and tyres considered worn at 1.5.

rikirk likes this.
  9. rikirk

rikirk Racer

Many thanks, indeed there is an arbitrary number in the math in the model I found online, I should have checked myself! While I was comparing that workspace with the original from Kunos, I found out my dampers settings were completely off. In both cases the value comes from the original channel found in MoTec. Same Log file and lap. I feel so ignorant :(

Dampers_comparison.jpg

10. seb 6th gear

seb 6th gear Racer

These are two different laps (13 and 14) and expect variance between laps.
    For the curve shape itself, you must have auto scale enabled in the channel tab, fix all values that way you'll always look the graph at the same scale

Also note that the more clean laps selected, the best the histogram is, it reduces "noise" and gives you a more representative shape of curve (unless you go through gravel traps every lap)

upload_2020-2-17_17-32-15.png

11. rikirk

rikirk Racer

Je suis un idiot! Merci bien :)
    The lap is the same (outlap + vs. null +) and yes I selected one single lap with the intent to provide more accuracy.
    Going back to do more homework :)

PS Should I use your values or Kunos' from now on to better understand the bell's shape?

12. seb 6th gear

seb 6th gear Racer

I've been using these for ages since ACTI for Assetto Corsa, and never really needed to change the scale, what you need is to get your own references, your own habits/comparison points.
    We aren't real car engineers and we miss a lot of data for the figures to really be meaningful and comparable, I mean we choose arbitrary high/low speed cutover, and time spent in each is an indication valid for one car and not another as the suspension geometry varies (installation ratio / motion ratio)

rikirk likes this.
  13. rikirk

rikirk Racer

Makes sense. Are you familiar or can you suggest for the 488 knowing the reverse install?

14. seb 6th gear

seb 6th gear Racer

Haven't driven the 488 sorry spent most of my time in either Lexus in the beginning and now Aston V8 in league championship

rikirk likes this.
  15. Coanda, on track editor inside "Generate track", the first option is "range" where you choose the lap to generate track. You have to be sure that you choose a valid lap. Sometimes, by default, motec chooses the fastest lap or the first lap that could be an invalid one.

16. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thank you for the suggestion. @Oblit0r helped me out in post #385.. :) Because this track crosses over itself I had to select Crossover rather than Closed circuit.

17. Ops, missed that.

18. Hi Guys-

Question about timing sectors used in the game;

Are they available in the telemetry data to use in the i2 workspace?
    I know how to make custom sectors in i2, but I'd like to be able to match the points on track where the three split times are taken in-game. Am I missing something? I couldn't find a channel or constant anywhere that would allow you to rebuild those timing sections.
    Anyone else try this?

Q2 - Would Yaw data be available as a channel?

somebody13 likes this.
  19. maxcoslo

maxcoslo Rookie

Is there an ideal value in the suspension histogram screen to be reached in the upper and central part of the graph?

What are the values for which the suspension is considered too braked or not braked or adjusted in the right way apart from the shape of the graph?

20. Stefan Lemke

Stefan Lemke Gamer

i think something is wrong dampersettings and transmission to motec

so, if u cklick in settings up so in motec shouldbe the % go up (lowspeed bump & rebound)...but at one point it goes totally down...it is round about 24-25 in settings. it is since 1.3 and 200hz update...got anyone the same problem?