1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS MoTeC telemetry and dedicated ACC workspace

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

In the video he mentioned he did it with every car, so there doesn't seem to be any other way to figure this out. I'll try to gather some data tomorrow and maybe post a picture of it. Perhaps it's a little less noisy even without the Monza procedure

2. Big Pokey

Big Pokey Rookie

I did some reading regarding torque vs horsepower and acceleration. Its all pretty straight forward until you add the transmission gearing into the equation to calculate optimum wheel torque, I am not the math-wiz in my family. From my understanding I would shift all of these GT3 cars pretty close to the "red-line" (at least wait for the in-car shift light to reach its peak) for optimum performance, especially gear 1-4 due to the larger gap in ratios. I did however notice that the in-car shift light compared to the HUD in the bottom right that shows RPM and gear flash at different times...

https://www.allpar.com/eek/hp-vs-torque.html

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1115371_whats-the-difference-between-horsepower-and-torque

3. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Can anyone help with the following.
    New to Motec, followed the blog instructions and have had trouble loading laps.
    I cleared down my Motec/ACC export folder of all old laps.
    I've set my no of telemetry laps to 15 in-game.
    I just did a practice stint on spa , an out lap and four full speed laps before returning to the pits.
    This is what I get in my export folder and Motec.
    When loaded they appear as separate laps not one continuous stint and have 'no lap' along side them?

https://i.postimg.cc/fTXKy2LY/Motec.jpg

Thanks

4. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

For some reason it creates files multiple times. Keep the top 2 files and you can delete the other ones.
    In the filename you can see you did 8 laps that stint.

5. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for your reply.
    Got rid of the duplicates and loaded the spa file.

It still say 0 laps both in the data window and the green bar near the top.

https://postimg.cc/bdzZY6fn

6. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Hm, seems like for some reason the .ldx file is not recognized or whatever. The .ld file holds all the information basically, the .ldx file lets MoTeC read the file and splits it into laps.
    Did you maybe try to open the file before the .ldx file was created? If you open the .ld file before the .ldx file has been created, then MoTeC will create an .ldx file for you which doesn't split the laps.

Try this, drive 1 lap, press ESC - Return to garage. Then the game will create both files. Open the .ld file and it should work.

Winston likes this.
  7. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I cleared out my ldx and ld files.
    Started the sim and selected a practice session then selected the standard preset car setup.
    Checked the 'no of telemetry laps' (15) and ran 3 laps at Monza (out and 2 fast laps then escaped to pit and exited the sim).
    Still no luck so had a look at the ldx file and it too says Total Laps" Value="1"?
    This suggests there is a problem with the game output?

Thx again

If @Aristotelis can offer any insight it would be appreciated.

https://i.postimg.cc/Xqrrd39n/Motec-Load-Problem.jpg

8. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Try these files to see if they work.

Attached Files:

Winston likes this.
  9. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

10. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

The .ldx file is exactly the same as mine, but for some reason MoTeC in your case doesn't seem to be able to read it properly. This is what it should look like:
    Naamloos.png

Atleast now we know it's not a problem caused by the game, but there's something not correct in your MoTeC.

You seem to be using a custom workspace. Try switching to the base_ACC workspace Aris has provided. You can find it in C:\Users\****\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\MoTeC\Workspaces.
    Copy the base_ACC folder to C:\Users\****\Documents\MoTeC\i2\Workspaces

Then in MoTeC, go to File - Workspace - Open workspace and select base_ACC. After that open the file you want to analyze again.

Winston likes this.
  11. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Okay thanks , will do.
    I'm going to uninstall Motec first and start from scratch.
    Cheers, will let you know how it goes.

12. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Don't need to do that. I already figured out what went wrong, you're indeed using the wrong workspace. You created a workspace when you first opened MoTeC it seems like, but you should follow the steps I posted in my previous comment. If you do that and select the base_ACC workspace in MoTeC you're good to go.
    I tried creating a workspace in motec and I got the exact same workspace you showed in your previous posts.

Winston likes this.
  13. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Okay I have it up and running now, I did reinstall as I missed your latest post.
    The Motec I have now (downloaded from the link in page 1) has a different load screen so I guess I had an older version.
    Also it had 'Projects' which I don't see in the current one and one of the install folder was in a different location.
    Anyway I followed your instructions and everything loads and runs correctly.
    Thanks for your help, much appreciated. :)

Oblit0r likes this.
  14. Hello @Aristotelis . Thanks for posting this. I wonder if it's possible to slice the stint telemetry log intro single lap files, so that these are automatically created in the ACC My Documents folder each time the driver crosses the finish line and starts a new lap. Virtual Racing School guys managed to implement that into their iRacing Telemetry Logger, and it turns quite useful for allowing race engineers to check car data and establish a live engineer-to-driver feedback during a stint.

15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

most of us would never want that so if this is even considered please make it an option..

16. Yes, of course. The idea would be to be able to choose between current logging settings (single stint file containing all the laps and generated when coming into the pits) and live lap-by-lap file slicing.

17. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Why would you even want that tho? I don't see the logic in having 1 file per lap instead of having 1 file per stint?

18. I agree that in most cases it wouldn't make much sense, but for simracing teams preparing an online event that option would make it possible for a race engineer to analyze the driver's telemetry when the driver is on track.

Let's say that I am driving the Bentley around Silverstone while I am in constant communication with my race engineer through our team's Discord voice channel. He gets to see my onboard camera through the screen sharing feature, which is nice, but it would be even nicer if my engineer could give feedback about my driving each single lap, such as "You are losing 0.3s in turn 1 because you steer much more aggressively than your teammate, try to be smoother next time around". Then the next lap I would tweak my driving following the advice I've been given.

I don't know if the lap slicing option is easily integrabe programming-wise, but if so it would be a nice addition.

19. Big Pokey

Big Pokey Rookie

I may have missed this while reading this thread so please forgive me but do I need to change any settings on the Motec Suspension Histogram to make it more "readable" or are the stock bin values etc acceptable? I JUST started working with the Ferrari having never driven it before and I have the car feeling pretty good at Spa. Anyways I have the histograms looking like the "standard curve" so I have a starting points to make small adjustments off of so I was just wondering. Here are my settings (standard Motec ones). Bin Values: Max = 100, Width = 5.0. Hi/Lo Speed boundary = 25.0, Y-Axis Scale = 30.

Edit: After doing a bit more reading it looks like I should make the max bin value larger, say 200?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  20. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Turn off telemetry laps from setups as default please!

Been racing ACC lot lately and noticed that Motec folder is massive 6 gigs motec log files.

Not everyone has the time to study motec logs and work hours making setups.

I tend to do lot of pickup races now.

Select new car every race select aggressive setup adjust pressures/fuel and go.

Vision_Slayer_525 likes this.