1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS MoTeC telemetry and dedicated ACC workspace

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

That's what I thought at first aswell, but then I added the last lap and it transformed to this
    Naamloos.png

2. But why in my pic the overal uses both 3 and 4 laps? And in "Turn 9", for example, the time highlighted as overal is, in fact, the fastest time, that isn't an overall value

3. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

No. Simply that the features of those deprecated chanels that you wanted to enable where never meant to be used, with very little work those can be re-enabled again, but those channels are there as a side-effect of copy-pasting elements in worksheets. And don't alter the basic fuctionality that the example worksheet was meant to provide: be an example of what you can do in motec, instead of serving as the official ACC worksheet that covers all the bases. The worksheets are meant to be done by the users, but Aris was really cool and even if he was in a hurry, he made one so people that never used any telemetry analysis tool before could have a starting point to fiddle with and to visualize basic data. And in my opinion he did an OK job at it, yes you can swear that there are quite a lot of worksheets out there ready to download way more advanced and complete than his. But that wasn't the purpose.

4. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

By default sector analysis is almost useless, it needs some job. If you make a mistake the time counts, if you exit to pit in middle of sector that time counts, if you overshoot a corner and crash that time counts, if you exit a corner really fast but then the car oversteers and loose quite a lot in the next straight, the time in the corner counts. At the end of a long session your predicted time is full seconds faster thant any laptime the fastest alien will ever dream to make.

To make it work properly up to a point in where it predict laptimes that realistically can be done I use 2 tricks:
    1º Remove laps with mistakes or uncomplete laps (using lap editor and unchecking those laps)
    2º Edit the Track sections in the following way: I remove all sectors I can and Manually I create new ones, the first start in the start/finish and ends just before the braking point, the next one starts just before the braking point and ends just before of the next braking point (not corner, braking point, from la source to les combes is one sector), and keep doing it until there is sectors until the finish line.

After that those seconds faster than aliens laptimes dissapear, and the predicted laptimes are trully achiaveable if you nail the lap.

Done in that way it only counts valid laps with useful info without outliers, and it gets rid of the combo fastest corner+fastest straight that's completely unrealistic because of what I mentioned before. Instead, a combination of the fastest corner followed by the next straight is much more realistic because the straight speed depends of how the corner was done. Example: if you overshoot the 2nd lesmo corner because you taken it too fast that time will count, and if later you do that corner exit perfectly the time will count, you add those times and you get an impossible laptime, because it is impossible to take that corner faster than it can be taken without overshooting it, and even if you did the exit speed would be massively affected.

5. Okay, thanks, I'll try it

6. Captura.JPG
    What's the meaning of those symbols? I guess the one at the left of "CLUTCH" means channel, but what is the one below?

7. Okay, I've found that are channels that you can create with the data of what the game provides.
    upload_2020-5-6_18-52-33.png
    Anyone knows how can I create a "Suspension Velocity Calculation"?

8. Andrearally

Andrearally Rookie

No news on what those channels are?

9. Because they start with EN_, they could be the info that the sensors inside the engine give, and because almost all of them give oscillating data I think is that, but no real clue...

10. Andrearally

Andrearally Rookie

I work daily with "real" data.
    I don't believe are engine data.

Maybe something related to FFB

11. Stefan Lemke

Stefan Lemke Racer

EN_ET - could be Diff, +value ->power, -value ->coast

12. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

I think it's weird that these channels get added but no explanation whatsoever. Could've written a small part in the patchnotes or replied to this thread without going in to detail but atleast explaining what they are.

13. Looking at the EN_ET and throttle graphs, makes sense, and the spikes are when one wheel looses traction
    Captura.JPG

14. Found it...
    Why if I create the graph in my own workspace and I load the same lap, de data is different?
    Mine:
    Captura2.JPG
    ACC workspace:
    Captura.JPG

Last edited: May 7, 2020
  15. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

It's not the same lap dude :p

16. It is, you can see in the up left corner. If it says lap 2 in the first screenshot and lap 3 in the second one is because the ACC worksheet names the Out lap "lap 1" and my worksheet names it as "Out lap"
    Mine:
    upload_2020-5-7_10-9-34.png
    ACC:
    upload_2020-5-7_10-10-27.png
    In both worksheets lap 1:46,620 are selected, but they give different data...

17. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

Can you show both suspension travel graph for the rear ?

18. Sure
    Mine:
    Captura.JPG

ACC:
    upload_2020-5-7_10-32-39.png
    Identical, but the suspension histogram differs...

19. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

Yeah it seems that the data is in fact the same so the problem must be in how the histograms are created. You could check the properties on the 2 worksheets and see if anything is different. Those are mine :
    upload_2020-5-7_12-2-13.png

Schaefe likes this.
  20. I made sure that the properties were exactly the same when I created my own graph, so that's not the issue :confused:

Turned out, it was the issue! Thanks a lot!
    Captura.JPG
    This little value was setted to 0,08 instead of 0,05 and it was messing all the graph up! Anyone knows what does it do?

Cirith Ungol likes this.