1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS MoTeC telemetry and dedicated ACC workspace

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

Short answer: no, in principle never on this specific sim.

Long answer: I also asked the same question when telemetry first was available in ACC. Aris said at the time that they (kunos) wanted to avoid the phenomenon that happened in AC1 in where people had half a dozen or more of data apps on screen and telemetry gathering apps providing data about things that not even where possible to be measured in real life (for example tyre degradation while on track).

The I/M/O temperatures that really matter for setup purposes are impossible to measured by any kind of sensor in real life while the car is running. And probably you may think that F1 teams have thermal cameras in front of the tyres to measure temps, but what that sensors really measure are surface temperatures. What do you and the real life teams need to setup the car are the tyre internal temps (core temps) and the tyre degradation. But those parameters can only be measured by a technician after pitting by nailing a temperature sensor directly inside of the tyre rubber. The F1 teams use those thermal cameras to help the drivers with the tyre management during a stint while on the race, but not for setup purposes, for example when you hear GP on radio telling Verstappen to manage the rear left temperature because it is a bit high is because of that data.

The GT3 teams have a lot of limitations for budget reasons, some of them are in what data they can gather to avoid the hell that F1 and MotoGP teams have with hundreds of channels, sensors, complex wiring and really expensive electronics in every single car, the category is meant to avoid a arms race like in F1, so they limit the telemetry equipment the teams can put on a car to make the category more affordable and in that way they are able to line up more teams that would not be there otherwise. So, thermal cameras gathering surface temperatures on every tyre are not available by the real life GT3 teams/cars that this sim simulate.

What we have available are the core I/M/O temps and the tyre degradation only after the car enters into the pits, like the real life teams do.

AndyK70 and Salvatore Amato like this.
  2. Also, just to add one more thing to your already satisfying comment, we have indications about surface temperatures in the widget.
    Which is something you should only "notice" by driving.

AndyK70 likes this.
  3. Madrax

Madrax Rookie

4. CheatingTJ

CheatingTJ Gamer

Procura no Youtube... tem bons tutoriais em inglês, se vc entender.
    Pra compreender o gráfico você tem que saber o que é bump e rebound e também fast bump e fast rebound. Aí tem um monte de vídeo no YT em português.
    Sem esses conhecimentos básicos não tem como ler o gráfico.
    Se você já sabe o que é, então a versão rápida é o seguinte: o gráfico mostra o quão rápido seus amortecedores se movem e lhe mostra o percentual de acordo com a velocidade do amortecedor. Cada barra dessa corresponde a um intervalo de velocidade, o que pode ser visto na parte de baixo (0-25-50-75-100...). Quanto mais centralizado, menor é a velocidade do amortecedor. Se o gráfico está mais alto para a esquerda ou para a direita, significa que a suspensão está mais propensa para o bump ou para o rebound. O gráfico ideal é um sino, mas é impossível de atingir, pois existem vários fatores que influenciam nesse gráfico, inclusive a forma de guiar. O máximo que você consegue é chegar perto.

Madrax likes this.
  5. Mickipepsi

Mickipepsi Rookie

What does ACC consider the threshold for slow and fast damping? MoTec's default settting is at 25mm/s, but is it the same for in game, when you're tuning dampers?

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  6. it may be different for each car, you can test it anyway.

7. rdmracer

rdmracer Gamer

When making a setup for Laguna Seca for the Porsche Cayman GT4, I went trough the process without telemetry. And purely on feel I ended up with anti roll bars of 3 front and 0 rear.

This might be too much as the rears seem to be lifting out of suspension a lot looking at telemetry.
    I was wondering what the 0 number means in the suspension travel in MoTeC, as the movement of suspension even goes into the negative.
    Is 0 the rebound end stop rubber, some arbitrary number or is there a bug in telemetry that allows the wheel to extend beyond the rebound end stop mounting?

8. Neeraj

Neeraj Rookie

Hey Guys,

can somebody share some Motec i2 Log Files for the Hungaroring or Spa? (1 Quali Lap and 1 Race Lap when possible)

Thanks
    Neeraj

9. XorRipRip

XorRipRip Rookie

Hi ! You can find some interesting stuff on the YouTube's "Tortellinii" channel =)
    Just check where is "MoTec" word at the preview image

trasgu likes this.
  10. Neeraj

Neeraj Rookie

perfect! do you know any more Channels which provide Motec Data? :)

11. XorRipRip

XorRipRip Rookie

Find "Nils Naujoks Simracing" YT channel and accept discord's invite, there is some MoTeC channels where you can try to find \ ask for some data
    But imho - data + video \ replay are more "profitable" sources

12. XorRipRip

XorRipRip Rookie

Hi, I think it's depending on current car's dampers manufacturer.

Example Damping Force curve
    [​IMG]

Some real example from MTB world :
    , so you need to know this "inflection point" between HSC \ LSC , or even between HSC \ MSC \ LSC, maybe try to find suppliers manuals ?

13. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

Sorry if for some reason I come across as a smart *** dick, it's not my intention at all, I'm just another nobody sharing his personal take on that same topic. In my opinion the knee theory no longer makes sense in ACC, Aris explained it in one of his first streams showing even some graphs. It's more complicated than simplify the damper behaviour as if below that speed it is a slow settin adjustment needed, and faster than that it is only fast speed damper settings that need to be adjusted. Aris said that for every individual setting of every individual damper there is a different graph based on real life manufacturer data with both a different "knee point speed" and knee shape, so, if the slow bump setting change from 20 to 19 the whole graph changes, now if the fast rebound is increased in a single click, let's say 20 to 21 the whole graph changes again and with that graph the knee speed changes, and the shape of the knee changes also.

The "knee" curve is confusingly smooth and the fact that it's shape change between settings make impossible to choose where slow speed starts and ends. It ends up being arbitrary, being up to the user to choose those limits for himself. I use up to 50mm/s for slow, but it is totally arbitrary, what I do care is shape simetry between bump and rebound at all the speed ranges. Also, a 55mm/s bump is going to affect both slow and fast damper effects, they did a damper math model that good that it replicates how the action of both effects overlap over all the range of damper speeds. No longer a 49mm/s only affects slow speed settings and a 51mm/s only affect fast settings.

At the end of the day I think that we simracers tend to overengineer and overthink the damper setups. At the end of the day the most important is to have a symetric graph in both bump and rebound for each damper, and fix by feel the balance problems caused from dampening just having in mind that at corner entry and corner exit balance related issues with dampers are mostly slow speed related, and the problems on kerbs and bumps tend to be fast setting problems.

XorRipRip likes this.
  14. XorRipRip

XorRipRip Rookie

We do not have any contradictions here :) I have watched them too =)
    I have found some real life examples, please take a look on this papers
    Öhlins - TTX25 MKII ( Formula Student stuff )
    https://www.ohlinsusa.com/files/files/_TTX25 MkII Dyno N vs mmps.pdf

Penske - "The 8781-4way GT3 damper made its debut in 2018. It is the homologated damper for the M-Sport designed Bentley GT3"
    https://www.penskeshocks.com/product/8781-4-way-adjustable-gt3/
    https://www.penskeshocks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/8781RANGE.pdf
    upload_2020-11-10_12-17-51.png

But of course, a lot of lot of lot customizations are available - page 21 http://www.penskeshocks.co.uk/downloads/AdjustableTechManual.pdf
    upload_2020-11-10_12-23-52.png

15. hotak

hotak Rookie

Hi guys, i'm doing an universitary project and i need to collect telemetries for various tracks, cars and setups to then train an AI with them.
    To do that i'd need a scripted way to associate setups and telemetry files, but from what i see there's no option to save the setup in a file each time a telemetry gets saved.
    Is there a way to do that in the ACC integrated telemetry or in any external app? I just need some basic data like wheelspeed, meteo, fuel, RPM, suspension travel and driver inputs, but i want to record them at the highest possible resolution.

16. Hi all!
    It's been a while since I've played ACC.
    Today I jumped in to have my tipical hour of fun testing changes in setups.
    But I keep meeting a weird behaviour and I feel my time is wasted, no matter what I change.
    The car somehow gets "attached to the ground" at some point, not the typical "touches the ground" in other words.
    After that happens, it's behaviour changes permanently.
    By checking Motec I found something weird too and I think it is related to that "stuck on the ground" behavoiur.

[​IMG]

As you will see on the top right of "suspension travel chart", minumum travel value is negative for all for wheels. What does it mean? Is it expected? Is the wheel penetrating the chassis? Do I get damage if this happens?

P.S I want to underline that the floor of the car does not touch the ground, ironically! I do not hear to usual scary *%$!sksssrskssrskssrsssks!$%* I should hear . Also the car is set at maximum highest ride height, and safely stiff overall. (Ferrari 488 GT <3 2019 at Zolder)

Thanks!

17. rdmracer

rdmracer Gamer

Good question.
    The thing is, make a pitstop with fuel and look at telemetry. You will see that the numbers are the compression amount, not the ground clearance. This means that 0 is actually maximally rebounded.
    So the action of you raising the ride height actually makes it worse.
    I have asked about this too in this thread, as the behavior seems to suggest that there are something like rebound stops that act like a spring. It's very pronounced in the Cayman GT4 too, as a high rear is an easy fix to get the behavior of the car that you want.

I think that the "attached to the ground" feeling that you are describing is a little bit of 3-wheeling. So you can turn a lot harder because you're standing on 2 front tires and a single rear tire.

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  18. Dan Minton

Dan Minton Rookie

Hi,

I'm having problems loading data,
    I load the session and choose the lap but none of the channels show any data.
    Also cant generate a track ..
    Worked fine a couple of months ago but now nothing.
    Ive tried a new install following the guide but still nothing.
    Hope someone can help.

19. seb 6th gear

seb 6th gear Simracer

Have you opened the ACC workbook ? or you're useing the stock one in i2 ?
    When you look at the channels in any view, are they coloured ? or all with black boxes ?

rdmracer likes this.
  20. Dan R

Dan R Rookie

Hi guys, I don't understand why the Section Times does not work well. Have you any idea ? The same problem is on my notebook and on desktop pc game.

upload_2020-12-23_16-40-4.png