1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS MoTeC telemetry and dedicated ACC workspace

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Draecko

Draecko Rookie

Sorry for the major throwback, but @trasgu did you ever manage to get this figured out for ACC? I was trying to look through the thread but the conversation moved in other directions.

2. Claponi

Claponi Racer

Hi there, does anybody find a way to get new channel like Air Temp or else from the Shared Memory into MoTec ?

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  3. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

It's not possible to do that without 2 channels of GPS telemetry data (longitude and latitude). Maybe someone with a coding background could make a aplication like ACTI in AC1 that would create motec files with gps data, as the position of the player car and other relevant data is in the shared memory publicly available to anybody with coding background, simhub uses that data to create maps with the player car and even the competitors, quite the unrealistic gimmick is allowed, but real gps data limited to only the player car is not allowed when in real life such feature does exist.

Devs must have their own reasons for not include it in the telemetry after years, it may be lack of dev time, legal reasons such as NDA's, or maybe it goes against the their own vision of how the game should be played wasting countless hours just in re-discovering what makes the sim click after every physics update instead of giving the alternative of just collecting data and doing clever analysis, I like the idea of making possible to get to the same pace by either muscling out it by brute force (countless practice hours), or by being clever (data analysis).

The lack of that feature is kinda sad because it is a very powerful and realistic feature, and for the first time in a long long time all the planets aligned and some aliens are releasing motec files from quick laps so a lot of people could have beneficted from that data and learnt how to grow as drivers. It also seem very straightforward to include those chanels as those only are X, Y position data translated to gps coordinates.

We don't even have fuel level included on telemetry, and that is frustrating, I can make a fuel level graph in simhub and even use that data to automaticaly calculate in real time how much fuel I need to end the race with just 200 meters of fuel to spare at the end of the race, but we can't have instant fuel level in the telemetry for some reason.

Anyways don't expect it ever in ACC, we are too late into the development cycle of the sim and I suspect that they already have started the work on their next simulator as righ now. So, if I'm right with my suspicion from now we should expect new content releases, bug fixes and maybe some new features here and there but nothing that implies work on the core of the game itself nor work on niche side features like the telemetry.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  4. Claponi

Claponi Racer

Can someone help me for getting this kind of graph inside Motec ?
    Rd01623e78a8befc09e7d0a2a00099ea0.png

cause I can't find a simple way of doing it.

5. Borbor

Borbor Racer

You are looking for a channel report, and then press G to cycle the view. There should be a lined plot as you cycle.

It won't exactly be a scatter plot like you would have in either excel or wintax, but the idea is the same.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

6. Claponi

Claponi Racer

Thanks for your help but with channel report it's a 'channel' results lap after lap. I'm more interested in the results for each lap against laptimes to find some generals patterns.

7. Hey guys!
    Im trying to highlight suspension travel, when bumpstops are working
    I tried two different ways to do it
    [​IMG]
    In the channel at the top I multiplied "bumpstop channel * suspension travel" channel for the bumpstop part and "suspension travel-bumpstop channel*suspension travel" for the non bumpstop parts,
    in the third channel (the one with red and green lines) I just added suspension travel and "sus travel*bumpstop"
    My problem is that in the first group I have those double color vertical lines and they make it confusing.
    And in the other group the red line never really overlays as I wanted.
    So is there a way to plot discrete lines? like "sus_travel AND bumpstop"
    Or is there a way to overlay channels arbitrarely?
    Thank you for your time
    What I want to plot is something like this
    [​IMG]
    but without those vertical lines

8. XIV-V

XIV-V Gamer

Would be nice to provide the solution ;)

9. On the top left angle of the group, click on the channel you want to see overlapping.
    If you dont want to see the vertical lines, unfortunately, the only way I know is to toggle the plot as points instead of lones

10. choose(stat_min('SUS_TRAVEL_LF' [mm], 'BUMPSTOPUP_RIDE_LF' [..]>0, range_change("Outings:Laps")),
    choose('SUS_TRAVEL_LF' [mm]>=stat_min('SUS_TRAVEL_LF' [mm],'BUMPSTOPUP_RIDE_LF' [..]>0, range_change("Outings:Laps")),
    'SUS_TRAVEL_LF' [mm]
    , invalid(), invalid())
    sus travel bs.PNG

if you want to know exactly at what mm of compression your bumpstops are ingaging, use this instead

choose(stat_min('SUS_TRAVEL_LF' [mm], 'BUMPSTOPUP_RIDE_LF' [..]>0, range_change("Outings:Laps")),
    choose('SUS_TRAVEL_LF' [mm]>=stat_min('SUS_TRAVEL_LF' [mm],'BUMPSTOPUP_RIDE_LF' [..]>0, range_change("Outings:Laps")),
    'SUS_TRAVEL_LF' [mm]
    , stat_min('SUS_TRAVEL_LF' [mm], 'BUMPSTOPUP_RIDE_LF' [..]>0, range_change("Outings:Laps"))), invalid())

and you will have this
    sus travel bs value.PNG

credits to Massimiliano Salvatore

11. H.G. Wells

H.G. Wells Rookie

Hoping this is the right place to put this. I'm having issues with the Zolder circuit not appearing correctly in the MoTeC software. Instead of the actual track, I get a weirdly distorted circle, with almost all of the track sections missing. It only appears to be recording data for turn 1, the straight between turns 1 and 2, and then turn 2. It then ignores all other data. Any ideas of what I can do to fix this?

12. You are probably playing in hotlap mode. It's not a kunos issue.
    Motec does not consider the last lap as a trusted lap. So if you are in hotlap mode, and you do only one lap, last trusted lap is the outlap, which in hotlap mode is last corner and first straight.
    Do at least two laps, so that your first lap will be a trusted lap and will define the map.

13. H.G. Wells

H.G. Wells Rookie

It turned out to be something like this. For some reason, despite having done 28 laps around Zolder in two separate races, MoTeC was only using data from a partial hot lap. I loaded up the first of the 14 lap data, and rebuilt the track and sections from that, and it fixed the issue. It was incredibly baffling though, not going to lie. I appreciate you taking the time to respond, as well, thank you.

14. Hey guys!

Just playing with motec stuff a bit, I found a FFT graph I had no idea there was before.
    After some research on the internet I got it is used to study the suspension modes like heave, wheel and bump. There is also the possibility to set a PSD.
    But really no clue on how to interpret the data, or if it is used for anything else.
    Does anyone know how to read that graph? What should we aim for?

Thank you.

Last edited: May 27, 2021
  15. Manic_Driver

Manic_Driver Racer

I tried in vain to find any info on this, best I could do was the theory that minimizing the peaks in the FFT graphs would lead to an ideal suspension. Beyond that, is the stuff of doctoral theses. You also have to consider the important of windowing as that significantly impacts what you are looking at in the data. I've tried to find some correlation between magnitudes and frequency measures but none of it makes sense or is easily translatable.

I have a question about trusted laps and I can't seem to find the answer to it - I know that for some reason, motec treats the first and last laps as in-out/untrusted laps, but is there any way to fix that? I thought maybe editing beacons would help but no luck with that so far

16. I tried to remove them in lap editor, but it's not possible. I don't think you can use lap beacon to get the outlap/inlap trusted unless you are in hotlap mode.

However regarding frequency it's nothing special. It's just time response of the signal transalted in the frequency domain.
    I read there are frequency intervals in which you can see heave mode or bump mode, but the plot in acc is quite simple and there are no significant differences apart from different peaks.
    Also on the internet there is nothing practical about visual analysis or about any procedure, so I would say we can use it only in terms of balance front rear or cross or left right in case you see a specific tyre is struggling becuase of the more energy it has to handle and stuff like that.
    Anyway it is a very interesting topic.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  17. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I managed to destroy the default view of the Gear, rpm vs Speed plot graph. Is there a quick way to reload the views of the original tabs?

18. you can download the kunos workspace and rename it as a different workspace so you won't lose the current one, then copy the values in "edit" page

chksix likes this.
  19. Manic_Driver

Manic_Driver Racer

I actually ended up figuring out how to solve this problem. So for practice mode outings, all you need to do is add a manual beacon at the beginning and end of the outing graph. This sets up two untrusted laps at 0:00. Then in the analysis tab in settings, set it to in/out lap. That way each lap will be numbered according to however many have been recorded. For races, only add a beacon at the end so the numbering can stay consistent. In the lap editor, you can also label pitting laps as untrusted if you want to exclude them from any channel reports. Easy peasy!

Senna94f1 and Salvatore Amato like this.