1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Movies about racing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ouvert, Sep 29, 2015.

1. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

2. Racert46

Racert46 Simracer

3. ouvert

ouvert Alien

World Fastest Indian !!

and thanx for suggestions .. I think I saw almost all of them (except the motorcycles ones and those that are not really about racing, just happend to be filmed with cars around :) .. Closer to the Edge and Road were good just not enough wheels :)

TomTrick, The Moose, Horus and 2 others like this.
  4. nonnex

nonnex Alien

The 24 hours of Le Mans (1971)
    Driver: Steve McQueen
    Car: Porsche 917

Why?
    - Actor was a very good driver and was racing in real too. (12-hours Sebring International Raceway 1970, second place)
    - I was and I'm able to see and touch the original race car from movie and races when ever the owner allowes me. hehe
    upload_2015-9-29_13-45-8.png

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  5. Nao

Nao Alien

Hahaha, first thing my Anime filled mind thought about... It's pretty good but if i were to recommend an anime that takes "racing" theme more seriously (although for younger audiences) it would be "Capeta". A series about young boy wanting to become F1 driver, starting with karting.
    [​IMG]
    Not that it matters much in context of this thread as most posters are probably too old for that haha~ :p But at least it's not the Tofu delivery anime everybody knows :D

DaVeX↯ and William Levesque like this.
  6. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

Fast and fourious 1 to 7...

*hides*

7. Punknoodle

Punknoodle Racer

World's fastest Indian is really very good.

Not a motorsport film but is kinda related - Drive (with Ryan Gosling). Brilliant film.

The Moose, Vibe Style and mESCx like this.
  8. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

Speed Merchants

9. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

And it has the same type of crashes :p

Still fun

10. ouvert

ouvert Alien

less homoerotic voleyball and shower scenes though :)

11. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

cannonball run movies

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  12. IMrIMike

IMrIMike Hardcore Simmer

How the hell is Herbie not mentioned yet?

[RRRV] JuggernAlz likes this.
  13. because we were respectful about VW situation

14. nonnex

nonnex Alien

"Driven" was also not bad at all.
    I loved some epic scenes and dialogues like:

Til: What's that sound? lt sounds like humming.
    Reynolds: Yep.
    Til: Why is he humming?
    Reynolds: Some crazy thing he does when he's pushing close to the edge.
    Til: Anyone else ever do that?
    Reynolds: Not among the living.

[​IMG]

LeDude83 likes this.
  15. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

16. ouvert

ouvert Alien

nice dialogue but that movie is just bad :) .. you go easier on it cause there is not a lot motorsport movies out there but 4/10 at best, 5/10 cause it is has formulas :)

LeDude83 and nonnex like this.
  17. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

It's true...that movie sucks if you take the motorsport glasses off. But I left them on when I watched so it was alright :cool:

Michele Vaillant is another one I quite liked, btw.

18. ouvert

ouvert Alien

with M.Vaillant you need to remove "Diane Kruger" glasses too :) .. but there is no way how to excuse the ending race :)

LeDude83 likes this.
  19. Ischemica

Ischemica Hardcore Simmer

Can't leave out this one;) death_race_2000_poster_03.jpg

DaVeX↯ likes this.
  20. Vibe Style

Vibe Style Racer