1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Movies about racing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ouvert, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

I just had a friend over here for some sim racing and we were talking about cars and stuff (Well, makes sense kinda), and I came up with the title "A Faster Horse" on Netflix and we watched it. Well, we are both in our master studies of automotive engineering so it was of interest for us for sure, but it was good to watch in general, too. It covers the development of the 2015 Mustang with the history of the car and the challanges of moving on. A documentary of course, forgot to say that, but quite well done.

Might be especially with the upcoming Mustang in 1.5

2. SvenUilhoorn

SvenUilhoorn Racer

Dust to Glory. Documentary, Baja 1000.

There

Patrik Marek likes this.
  3. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

agree with alot of films and docs already mentioned. Here is one I liked 'Weekend of a Champion' with jackie stewart http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3504226/

A doc I love is "How to build a Supercar"

and love love this doc/interview

4. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

5. Mogster

Mogster Alien

A lot of the suggestions in this thread are really documentaries rather than films.

FWIW I enjoyed Rush. I'm a big James Hunt fan, I think Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Bruhl did a great job of portraying 2 well known guys with strong character traits and mannerisms. I thought the racing sequences were OK, a bit Hollywood but that's what I expected, there are plenty of documentaries of the 76 season if you want to watch the racing again. Rush wasn't meant to be a documentary but a film about sporting rivalry, a human story which I think it did well. I'd say its the best film made about motor racing, there are films with better racing sequences shot at real events but the rest of the 2 hours is total crap with horrible acting and story.

Patrik Marek likes this.
  6. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Yes, I love that one, too. It might be inaccurate here and there, but it´s nicely told and has some great cinematics and sound! I don´t know much about F1, though.

Patrik Marek and Mogster like this.
  7. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

heh I wonder if the other movie you are referencing had race driver and actor in it .. yeah, it's amazing how they were able to film it and that it's all real !! but as movie it is really bad :( imo

Rush was great movie. I really loved it and it's the best racing themed movie for me

Mogster likes this.
  8. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

Rush is a good film about a rivalry, but it is not a good movie about motor Racing. In fact, even Driven has more action on track than Rush.

9. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

I haven't seen driven
    but I thought that the last section of Rush about Fuji, was the best thing in the world of cinema in relation to cars/racing that I have ever seen

Mike1304 likes this.
  10. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Yes because Driven is a fictional action-movie whereas Rush is the true story of two F1-icons. Rush teleports you back to the formula-one age of the 70's; you can almost feel the atmosphere of those days...

11. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

Sorry, but I feel more on Grand Prix and Le Mans movies.

Mike1304 likes this.
  12. jarqus

jarqus Racer

Didn't read the complete thread. And not about cars. It's called "hitting the apex"

13. saxohare

saxohare Racer