1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mr and mrs noob have had a big litter this week

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Mark Worthington, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Guys,

Have anyone you noticed since RC that there has been an influx of bad drivers on the servers that don't know what corner manners are....Ive been shunted off in every game over the past 2 days by maniacs either corner diving or just barging through and knocking you off or is it just me ?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Online Leagues / Championships room 2024 GT WORLD CHALLENGE CHAMPIONSHIP! {CMRSC} Dec 21, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room MRS - Russian Community Jul 30, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Nvidia MRS works on Assetto Corsa Competizione? Mar 5, 2020
    Liveries Skin request: mp4-12c gt3 mrs gt-racing/ adac masters Feb 12, 2015
    Liveries Skins by cartman78 mp4 12c gt3 mrs racing adac 2014 released Oct 12, 2014
    Liveries Skins by Cartman78 MP4 12C GT3 MRS Racing ADAC 2012 Release Feb 19, 2014
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Help a noob image on app Dec 31, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions the biggest crash noobs !!! May 3, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Where can a noob race online? Sep 29, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Noob Questions Mar 24, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room Formula Hybrid 2020 League for relative noobs? Mar 7, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Noob question - Car Control and Consistency Feb 20, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Noob questions, sorry. My first look into this game. Dec 19, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Noob question about FFB Aug 28, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ac Noob help Aug 14, 2020

3. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Well since activity grew by about 600% id say its very likely that you will see an increase of drivers.

4. Jiisuki

Jiisuki Rookie

It's not only you, I assume.
    But as I remember, it has always been this way. RC made no difference for me in regard to those very kind and considerate people..

5. It has got that bad I actually had road rage at one point and needed a crow bar to take the dummy out of the wall .....Never rage quit in my life .....it was a new experience lol

6. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

Gosh, how awful to have new people getting into Sim Racing. It's really appalling.

o_O

Guess what, it's up to YOU to show them how things are done.
    Most of them will have come from various wreck-fest simcade/arcade games where the game itself teaches you that the only way to win is the smash through the first corner.

How about instead of crying that you have so many new brothers, you take the time to explain to them how things are done, make them feel welcome and included.
    Bit of kindness never hurt anyone and can change a wrecker into a Sim racer with just a couple of lines of chat.

7. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

Yes these people just need a line of text to stop them! It's really that simple. Oh can you just paste the magic words here for us? Because my magic words usually consist of 4 letters afrer I have had yet another race ruined. We need rules flags and in sad to say it ghosting of backmarkers, and ghosting of cars that lose traction on turn 1. (at least as options) kick and bans for multiple accidents. Personally I don't think Ghandi could tame these idiots.

8. Drubermann

Drubermann Gamer

i couldnt Test 1.0 yet because I'm on holiday :(
    has the mp collision system been improved or does it still feel like your getting punched by Mike Tyson?

9. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

Maybe let go of the sim-racing preciousness just for a little bit to accommodate newcomers?
    Dunno, seems a sensible suggestion to me.
    Or you can swear at them, I'm sure that too will make them warm to the community and behave themselves on the next server.

10. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I dont know if this is related but in career mode which I guess a lot of people that are new to the game try out, you get more rewarded by push insanely hard in the first corner(s). This is a issue in the regular races aswell but in those you can have more laps which allow you to take it a bit slower and actually race you opponents. :)

11. plaid

plaid Alien

I think many will vanish again, cause they just tried the game and don't like it, don't play anything longer then a few weeks or months intensivly or play something that they prefer over AC (no matter iif NFS,PCars,GT or Ractor2). And people need to get into the game, while I understand that it would be better if they learn the basics offline or on trackday-servers (I train there sometimes :)). But, well, public servers stay public servers.

I agree that this is contraproductive.
    But don't forget that the next time you respond to people who ask questions (for the 1000x time), discuss features (not yet in AC) or say what they don't like about the game (often a matter of taste). We need tolerance and patience in the forums, too, even I understand that some people can be annoying.

We cant expect, that just the elite plays the game and communicate in the forums, if we want more licences and tracks. Besides im rather casual myself and me needs some tolerance. :)

12. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

I'm fine with newcomers, but can you deny that many are there for the soul purpose of ruining races? If I was a newcomer to football, would I constantly just pick up the ball and run into the net, or just keep booting it out of the park, for some kind hearted soul to then say, it's ok he' new to football. stop being so Naïve and forgiving of blatant sabotage.

13. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

A little off-topic, but a quick response - I have no issues with people speaking up about the games weaknesses, it's the sulking that comes with it and tantrums I have no time for.
    All about how you approach things.

Though I guess, that's not off-topic at all.
    You can sulk and have a tantrum about noobs, or be the bigger man and take some time to be nice and explain to them.

Happened to me a long time ago in Quake3.
    Will never forget the player who spent ages with me telling me how to bind weapons, what to tweak in my config to make the game and myself better.
    Was a properly cool thing to do, and to this day he is something of a role-model in terms of how I conduct myself in online games.

Remember - YOU are the community you belong to.

14. As posted in my second post , this was the first time I had got so frustrated by the amount of times it had happened...usually I do what you have suggested .The thread was created to ask if it was apparent to anyone else if they had noticed an increase to an extent that virtually everyone but a small handful of racers were driving with a bit of common sense.

thanks for the reply though

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  15. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

every sim has that problem, was driving r3e full of *****les, even rfactor 2 which usually had not more then one server with a decent amount of players.

16. SirJack

SirJack Racer

As in real-life traffic....the more cars are on the road the more not so good drivers you will meet there (to put it politely ;) )