1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Msi afterburner works but with no voltage adjustment

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by F430_458_F12, Dec 13, 2014.

1. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Hi gang,

I just installed a new MSI BF4 R9 270 in my system, using MSI afterburner to overclock...with my previous 7 series card, I could adjust the card core voltage down and superclock with very low temps. With my new R9, everything in afterburner can be oc'd except voltage. The stock voltage is 1.186, I like to put it down to 1.125 but now I can't. Can anyone help?

I'm running CC 14.11.2+latest afterburner iteration.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room MSI afterburner overclocking tool Feb 8, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Some random crashes since 1.9 (solved uninstalling MSI Afterburner/Rivatuner) Dec 12, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Stuck in first menu (msi afterburner conflict) Nov 19, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Black screen when loading? (msi afterburner conflict) Jul 9, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Acs.exe hang on session start (solved: msi afterburner issues) Jul 22, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto corsa stopped working (right on the title screen) [msi afterburner] Jul 5, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds MSI afterburner, ATIpro and other overlays Nov 8, 2013
    ACC General Discussions Driver Nationality when Customsing Car and Team etc Apr 24, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions MSI RADEON RX 5700 XT MECH OC and FPS Mar 25, 2020
    Liveries Ferrari 458 gt2 - bodyxfr liveries - msi livery and more... Dec 14, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Do i go for msi amd r9 280 for €184 Oct 14, 2014
    Chit Chat Room GTX MSI 770 OC Video Card on it's way! What to expect? Apr 1, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds ACS.exe has stopped working (solved: MSI overlay) Feb 5, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds AC Launcher stopping working and game crash (MSI Ab - exclusion list required) Jan 19, 2014

3. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

Check the settings, there should be an option to "unlock voltage control".

4. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

I did, but it has no effect:

Dwm 2014-12-13 01-54-16-15.jpg Dwm 2014-12-13 01-54-19-48.jpg

As you can see, the voltage adjustment is ticked, but the adjustment bar is grey, won't allow for it.

5. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

Yes, you're right, a quick google search shows it's a common problem.
    There are some workarounds if you want to try them though! (no idea if they work or not)

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  6. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Yeah, I did the search...someone may have even flashed the card in the factory to accept no volt decreases from what I read.

What work arounds?

7. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  8. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Its locked via the bios, you will need a hacked bios(i believe, none of my cards have had this problem so im hoping my memory is correct). Go head over to linustechtips forums, they will help you extremely fast, by that i mean you make a thread you get a detailed answer 10 seconds later

esox71, F430_458_F12 and djkostas like this.
  9. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Thanks Brown! DJ, made a profile, already getting help :). R9 is an amazing card, pC and AC look incredible.

esox71 and Brownninja97 like this.
  10. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Heh, my MSI 770's had limited voltage control in afterburner too which was quite disappointing to say the least, could only adjust it to +12mV on the sliders which is quite pathetic to be honest unless I flash the bios which I couldn't be arsed to do. But seems I lucked out massively in the silicon lottery as both my cards which I OC'd to 1260 MHz on that piddly +12mV extra voltage available will boost to 1310 MHz under load while staying stable 24/7 and temps stay below 80 c considering I live in the middle of a hot and humid sweatbox. Same was the case with my 660ti's that I had before them, no voltage tweaks but 1200+ on the core. The Silicon RNG Gods are very kind to me. xD

Brownninja97 likes this.
  11. esox71

esox71 Alien

Dude... try MSI forums??