1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Multi class (gt) racing custom rule/scoring set

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MapleHamwich, Feb 13, 2014.

1. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Gamer

Hey Kunos,

I have a suggestion for implementation with AI and Multiplayer Racing. I think this sort of thing may be on the horizon and if it is great, consider this a post of support. But if it isn't, let this post show that there is desire for this sort of thing from the fan base.

Multi-Class Racing Ruleset
    It would be fantastic if users were able to implement multi-class racing rulesets. What I mean by this, is that in a user created race with multiple classes of vehicle, the user could set rules for each class of vehicle. Rules could be grouped (for a GT example) into GT4, GT3, GT2 and GTE. Each group would have it's own set of rules.

For example:
    GT4 - All Car Set Ups Allowed
    GT3 - Aerodynamics, Suspension, Tyres And Fuel Setups only allowed
    GT2 - Aerodynamics, Suspension setups only allowed
    GTE - Aerodynamics and Fuel Setups only Allowed

And the rules could be whatever the user desired. Whether its penalty rules for each grouping, setup rules, lap rules, pit stop rules, etc and any combination of those rules.

Multi Class Racing Scoring
    Similiarly, it would be fantastic if users could set multi class racing scoring rulesets. The break down into groups would be the same as above. Implementation would be like the below, for example:

GT4 - Scoring based on position and time within group
    GT3 - Scoring based on position and time within group
    GT2 - Scoring based on position and time within group
    GTE - Scoring based on position and time within group
    Overall - Scoring based on position and time in all classes

With these tools available in single player AI racing and Multiplayer online racing, we users could create some really fantastic casual and league racing.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface Multiclass visual differentiation missing? Sunday at 10:45 PM
    ACC Gameplay GT4 not leaving PIT in Multi-class race Jan 28, 2024
    Online Leagues / Championships room 2.4hrs of Le Mans! LMP1 + GT3 multiclass. Sat June 3rd - 8PM EST May 23, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT4/GT3 MultiClass ACC League (Americas) Jan 7, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Newbridge E-Sports - Multiclass at Kyalami (PC) Feb 26, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Giving back for ACC 1.8: Let's talk about multi-class, multi-hour, full grid simulation? Dec 10, 2021
    ACC Gameplay multiclass practice session GT4 AI skip most of practice Nov 26, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [ACC][PC][GT3][GT4] ACRL Multi-Class 6H of Brands Hatch | 16th Oct Sep 23, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [ACC][PC][GT3][GT4] ACRL Multi-Class 6 Hours of Barcelona| 4th Sept Aug 14, 2021
    ACC Gameplay GT4 cars stuck in pitlane during qualifying [multiclass qualy is split] Feb 11, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Multiclass races with Update 1.7 in Single Player? Feb 11, 2021
    Physics Bugs & Issues Offline Multiclass Issue Feb 11, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [ACC][PC] ACRL 6 Hours of Silverstone | 5th December | Multiclass GT3 & GT4 | acrlonline.org Nov 26, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions CRN - ACC Discord Community PS4 - EU - NA - This Weeks Event - Paul Ricard Multiclass GT3/GT4 12/8 Oct 21, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room GT Endurance (multiclass) Championship Aug 26, 2020

3. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

No please.
    I want to setup a GT2,3,4, GTE race car like i want.
    If you want to setup only fuel and aero then choose some street cars.
    Plus the fact that i never saw this rule somewhere in rFactor, GTR2 and Race07 Server or league.

4. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Gamer

You're completely missing the point.

From my post:
    I just want them to implement the ability for users to define their own rulesets and scoring for races where you can group cars from multiple classes together. So that any user can create a server with whatever rules they wanted for whatever type of race they wanted. You can still do whatever you want.

Shaddix likes this.
  5. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

6. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Sorry then :oops:

Send from my HTC One

7. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Gamer

8. Bailey

Bailey Alien

Depending on how you look at it every major multiclass series (ALMS, TUDOR, etc) has restrictions on setups. Even series like the Blancpain series that only features GT3 cars has setup rules for each car.
    ~Bailey

MapleHamwich likes this.