1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Multiclass lobbies?

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by rich1e I, Feb 18, 2017.

1. rich1e I

rich1e I Simracer

Hello folks,

I entered a Porsche Cup lobby for the first time tonight and I was looking forward to racing the GT3 Cup around the Red Bull Ring. The lobby was quite populated but there was only 8 GT3s to choose. The other 8 cars were the GT4 Clubsport. As there's already GT4 only lobbies, I thought this would be same with the GT3 Cup car.
    Now the question is: Are these lobbies meant to be multiclass? I'm not entirely sure because there's also the Porsche at xyz lobbies with the Panamera, Cayman and the 911 s I think. This combination doesn't really make sense in my view.
    I'd be interested to see what your opinions are on this topic.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface Multiclass visual differentiation missing? Sunday at 10:45 PM
    Online Leagues / Championships room 2.4hrs of Le Mans! LMP1 + GT3 multiclass. Sat June 3rd - 8PM EST May 23, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT4/GT3 MultiClass ACC League (Americas) Jan 7, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Newbridge E-Sports - Multiclass at Kyalami (PC) Feb 26, 2022
    ACC Gameplay multiclass practice session GT4 AI skip most of practice Nov 26, 2021
    ACC Gameplay GT4 cars stuck in pitlane during qualifying [multiclass qualy is split] Feb 11, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Multiclass races with Update 1.7 in Single Player? Feb 11, 2021
    Physics Bugs & Issues Offline Multiclass Issue Feb 11, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [ACC][PC] ACRL 6 Hours of Silverstone | 5th December | Multiclass GT3 & GT4 | acrlonline.org Nov 26, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions CRN - ACC Discord Community PS4 - EU - NA - This Weeks Event - Paul Ricard Multiclass GT3/GT4 12/8 Oct 21, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room GT Endurance (multiclass) Championship Aug 26, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room RWB International 6h Paul Ricard Multiclass Endurance 60 Grid Aug 9, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer please implement an actual multiclass start Aug 8, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] Multiclass 2hr Suzuka Endurance - 25th July 2020 Jul 20, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer [CP SERVERS] Multiclass races Jul 16, 2020

3. TheMiz44

TheMiz44 Rookie

That's what I would think. Those two cars are defiantly not in the same class so the idea must be multi class. There are however GT3 Cup only lobbies, you just have to search to find the right one. The "Porsche" lobbies seem to have the modern Porsches for the people who are interested in the new DLC.

DeMarquis Parks likes this.
  4. rich1e I

rich1e I Simracer

Alright. I entered another Porsche Cup lobby and it was the same, GT3 and GT4, so I thought all Porsche Cup lobbies were mixed. I'll be looking out for the GT3 only lobbies then. I still think these mixed lobbies don't make sense because you'd need full lobbies to have a good, balanced race. There's no point in entering a mixed Porsche Cup lobby with 9 people as everyone will pick the GT3.
    But ok, I was wrong assuming there's only mixed Porsche Cup lobbies. Thread can be closed then xD

5. rich1e I

rich1e I Simracer

So it seems the GT3 Cup only lobbies are those at Nürburgring GP. The Red Bull Ring ones are all GT4 + GT3. Shame

6. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

The whole "here's a bag of cars, first come first served" idea is crap. Why, if racing a GT3 event should I only be able to pick the Audi because someone beat me to the lobby and chose the AMG before me?
    It's ludicrous and another thing to add to the stupid decisions list.

ppbucko likes this.
  7. rich1e I

rich1e I Simracer

Yeah I agree, not a fan of this idea either but I understand the point. It's good to have some diversity. It's also silly if the whole lobby picks the Z4 for Zandvoort eg. I think they should just increase the number of each car available, maybe 2 more cars and we'd still have some diversity. I'd rather just get rid of the mixed Cup lobbies because you need a full lobby to have a good multiclass race. I rarely see full lobbies tbh. Shame, a GT3 only lobby around Red Bull Ring would be ace.

8. If three players entering a lobby you have very soon 10 or more players in the looby.

9. rich1e I

rich1e I Simracer

That's exactly the issue. In a mixed lobby with 10 people you'll be racing 2 GT4s against 8 GT3s. That's not fun.

10. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Don't use the f word in here mate. This is a serious driving simulator you know. Fun doesn't even come in to it.

rich1e I and ppbucko like this.
  11. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

The other F word is no fun either FRAMES per second.

12. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I don't think the multiclass lobbies work either, yes have the full range of cars but don't have 5 of each, let us choose which ones we want, everything is forced on us, very limited chooses, no choices when it comes to the lobby settings. This is what zaps the fun out of it. Roll on the private lobbies if there fully customisable.

13. rich1e I

rich1e I Simracer

Yep I'm really looking forward to seeing how they implement private lobbies. Hopefully they're not going to make them too simple.

14. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

The f-word again. Easy tiger, it's not meant to be fun. You'll be branded one "of those console types who wants spins and fireworks and jumping bunnies". This is meant to be serious po-faced immersion ya great heathen!

ppbucko likes this.
  15. rich1e I

rich1e I Simracer

Think I found another "multiclass lobby". I like classic or vintage race cars, but I find myself driving the same cars over and over again, GT3s and GT4s, so I took the Porsche 935 aka Moby Dick out for a spin. If you search for races with Moby Dick you get the "Vintage Porsche at Silverstone '67" lobby, excuse me, Vintage Porsche heaven. Every single vintage Porsche is listed in this lobby --> 917 Spyder, 917 K, 935 (Moby Dick), 911 GT1, 962 C long and short tail, 908 LH and the 718 RS Spyder.
    Now the question is again: How should a race with so many different types of race cars work out? Additionally, there's only one single 718 RS available for those who like "lonely" races. I mean, seriously, how can someone put such a lobby together? Same thing applies to some of the other Porsche lobbies. They just make no sense. Seems to me the person(s) responsible for online lobbies didn't spend too much time on thinking about creating balanced lobbies to race in. They could also ask the community for ideas.

ppbucko likes this.
  16. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

It's probably because there's no cars of the same class to race against. Some of the classic racing Porsches are paired against the Lamborghini Countach!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017