1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

[Multiplayer] Detect suspicious behaviour

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by aotto1977, Apr 3, 2017.

1. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

Hi guys,
    I guess everybody already runs into this issue sooner or later: Sh*theads ruin your race by just loitering around the track until someone closes in, just to hit the other player.

Here's a prime example from last night on stracker: http://185.120.80.22:50042/sessiondetails?playerInSessionId=59079#

Do you think there's a way to autodetect such behaviour and avoid these guys from ruining the other's racing in any way?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting [Multiplayer] Session not progressing to qualification or race Oct 26, 2019
    Suggestions [multiplayer] Ability to change car to another without going back to lobby Apr 23, 2017
    Suggestions [Multiplayer] Option to DQ hein press 'Esc' and 'Go To Pits' during a race Mar 28, 2017
    Suggestions [Multiplayer] Country flag of a driver Aug 7, 2016
    Suggestions [Multiplayer] Laptimes for all drivers May 23, 2016
    ACC Controls & Peripherals No Steering Detected Logitech G Pro DD Feb 8, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Dedicated Server Launch Problems (TCP socket error detected 10054) Sep 14, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Problème volant détecte sur Xbox séries s mais en jeu je ne peux pas jouer au volant Jun 7, 2023
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues My Console Controllers are being detected as a wheel Dec 29, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals No wheel detected Jan 5, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Misano warnings detection point too early Sep 10, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Detection of unstable client connection and disabling of collisions not works on race start Jul 2, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting TCP socket setTimeout error detected 10038 Mar 25, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting 80 Safety rating detected as 79 SA Jan 6, 2021
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes (HELP) Contact Detection Sep 24, 2020

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

If its your server then as admin you can easily get GUID's from these people off stracker and add them to the blacklist, It looks like the server isnt running penalties at Monza seeing all the fastest laps are running more the 66 layout then the modern one. If its not your server I would avoid it like the plague, look for servers running Minorating AB only and make sure you get a rating in that range. The in game penalties are a bit annoying at times but they really are quite soft and a pub server without them is pointless, turning them off means all the idiots join and straight cut chicanes like they do there.

4. aotto1977

No, it's not my server. I am indeed surprised the fastest laps cut both of the first chicanes, for everytime I happened to miss a chicane on that server, it was invalidated in qualifying resp. I was penalized in races. Maybe there's a glitch?
    However, I do like that server for it's quite crowded in the evening and despite the inevitable jerks I had some nice and fair races there.

Personally I don't like that "go elsewere" approach that much – although I have my own server running with MR AB for exact that reason. But I'd rather like to take the toys away from the bad kids instead of running away all day, you know?

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

You have a server they wont likely be getting into so thats taking the toys away from the kids, also on your own server you can blacklist those that cant play fair as even MR is far from perfect at AB in some cases. Joining another server open to all then your going to get all in, no point trying to get them out of the server they are allowed into which is the reason you and many others must join the server and if no admins have issues with them its the way they want to run it. If your not getting the numbers you want to your server or other servers with stricter standards and active admins then no point joining more open ones only to complain about them I think.

Just looking up random races in that server 7 laps and many people with over 10 contacts. For me personally I void simply avoid such servers. I used to have some servers open to ABCN and these would regularly fill with much the same stats. Now I just run AB or ABC and its nothing like that.

http://185.120.80.22:50042/sessiondetails?sessionid=5368#
    http://185.120.80.22:50042/sessiondetails?sessionid=5362#

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  6. aotto1977

I get your point, martcerv. However, I think the earlier bad behaviour is penalized, the less damage can be done. Also, I'd appreciate mechanisms like Minorating implemented in the AC server app itself rather than a 3rd party plugin that might be out of service or incompatible one day. As Minolin explains himself, the data the plugin gets from the server is rather clumsy. I think there's much more potential for solutions like this.

See, I have a wife and a toddler at home. My races start when both of them are in bed. At that time I'm happy to find an active server I can join. Avoiding such servers resp. looking for others and waiting for free slots would mean more time not spent racing, know what I mean?

The quoted race includes me (Andreas Otto) with 17 car-to-car collisions in total, 12 of these are due to the typical monza first corner carnage. I learnt to take a very defensive approach to the first corners, but still I get pushed from behind and into other cars. *sigh*

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I dont think 1st corner carnage should be typical, I have been practicing there for a league race this week in the 911 gt3 cup. This includes a few races on a server not actually even running MR atm yet I haven't had a single contact at t1 or anywhere in a few 16 laps races and 130+ laps in the server. Saying its typical will depend on the quality of the field, sure even good drivers may have the odd contact as can be seen in real racing but nothing like the numbers in those stracker stats.

If the majority of good drivers looking for clean racing were simply looking out for better driving standard servers then there would always be some with a few in them when you have some time. The system is there to be used, I dont see much point in joining poorly run fully open servers and expecting anything other then carnage in them most of the time. I see your point re being time limited but still dont see the point of joining such servers and hoping to change them when there are much better options available including servers your running yourself.

8. esox71

esox71 Alien

Hang in there dude, you'll grow a six sense on where to go and when, the good races will out weigh the bad :)

9. aotto1977

Don't get me wrong, guys, overall I do enjoy the races and the good races do weigh out the bad by far, otherwise I would not spend any more minute on that server. ;)
    The thing is: Even though it's an server open to ABCN rating, most of the guys are there to have a good time and are fun to race with. The – how I call it – typical first corner carnage happens rather by accident and misjudgement than on purpose. In general I'm totally fine with that, for I am not a good racer (defined over laptime) at all, though I am working on my performance as well as my Minorating rank (B atm). I had some very clean races on other servers aswell, but racing against aces who gain some 2-5 seconds per lap against me is rather boring. (My bad, I know. ;))

The typical grid on the Vivai Corse server at the times I play is like 60% opponents in my range or better, racing clean or at least trying to do so, 35% noobs that just don't know better (but are valueable in terms of getting along with moving obstacles) and a handful of *****s that just ruin other people's races.

I'd like to get rid of that 5% in the first place, not move the other 95% I like to race with. And as their behaviour makes a huge difference to the rest of the pack, I hope there's a way to eliminate them by algorithms.

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I think the main issue in that server is allowing N grade, sure we need somewhere for new people to the game to get their initial rating but N grade is anyone with less then 40km in a MR server. I have seen the general percentage of good new drivers vs those that have no real idea or interest in proper racing greatly favour the worse guys in N grade if allowed into servers. Its why I don't have N in any of my servers as there are plenty of others around and as it only takes 40km to get a grade I would rather people pass this basic test in a server I am not going to use as my goto casual fun race server.

Keeping a server to ABC will at least keep out those that had a horrible first 40km, they can come in still later if they clean up their driving but this means ABC will be much better overall then ABCN. Also the more people in a server the more of the worst type of drivers come in it seems. MR isnt about how fast someone is its just about how clean they are, there can be clean fair drivers trying in ABC grade even if they arent the quickest. The rating has nothing to do with driver speed just awareness in traffic AB means pretty good in traffic, C means ok in traffic, D means pretty poor in traffic, W means horrible in traffic. N means unrated and so can be any of those ratings as its not yet known, best to avoid full race servers allowing N grade as the trouble people you are talking about are more then likely N grade.

We need servers accepting N grade to get new people in but as it only takes a few laps to get an initial rating better to let people do this on another server not one your wanting to race on regularly IMHO.

11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

@aotto1977: as you already know, MR is THE way to go. There literally is no alternative if you want to have a cleanish race and can't be bothered with leagues/fixed schedules etc. I'm in the same boat - pick-up racing, only.

Kunos have implemented an anti-wrecker feature some time ago. I can't provide a link but it's aimed at removing the most deliberate wreckers. But the problem is that wreckers are not stupid. They're idiots, but not stupid. It's easy to just drive along with the pack and then crash a whole bunch of cars without even getting a massive MR downgrade.

Best way to go really is: reasonably MR rated server (preferrably no N grade) and then expect crashes. For me it has even become an additional skill to predict and avoid crashes. It's kind of a challenge and actually quite rewarding when it works ;-) When I get crashed I still go on most of the times and finish the race.

esox71, martcerv and aotto1977 like this.
  12. aotto1977

Oh, I did not know that yet.
    Ha, that's my style! ;)
    Especially your attitude towards finishing the race. I hate people who immediately disconnect after dropping out of the top ten or a spin – but that's another topic. ;)

LeDude83 likes this.
  13. aotto1977

By the way: My patience paid off and in the last days I learned a lot for myself. Especially when it comes to predicting behaviour (before AND behind me) and patience. Yes, even a 7 lap race is long enough to wait for your chance of a clean pass.
    So my CP reduced drastically and I made it to MR Grade A.
    [​IMG]

14. aotto1977

*sigh* So, yesterday, after some nice Laps in Mugello ("AC Pedal to the Metal", overall very nice racing although the server is MR-ABCDN – maybe Mugello is to complex for the retards), I waved everyone goodbye and wrote jokingly: "Gonna destroy may karma at monza". :D

One quali session and 7 lap race later:
    [​IMG]
    … aaaaaand I'm back in grade B. This mixture of fast straights, hard braking zones, an overall allegedly easy to drive race track and brainless idiots giving a **** about race etiquette is a stinking tarpit.
    So, it's no more Monza below AB for me, period. Yes, I should have known better, but I thought I could handle it, and I was very wrong.

I really feel like starting a new suggestion thread saying "Kunos, please cut this below 35 kph penalty crap". It makes these arcade racers not only pull back on the racing line immediately after cutting a corner as usual, but also coming to a full stop right there.
    If this penalty was reduced to only "no throttle for x secs" it should reduce the negative impact on the other drivers drastically.

15. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

The penalties are either go below 35 or no throttle for X seconds.

Also consider joining the Street fight AB servers.

16. aotto1977

I know. My suggestion is to cut the "go below 35" part and leave "no throttle for X seconds" only.
    Actually I'm not into street cars that much. ;)

17. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

^^ we do have a lack of well-populated, properly rated and moderated race car servers. We'd need "Race Fight" server.

18. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

^^ we do have a lack of well-populated, properly rated and moderated race car servers. We'd need "Race Fight" server.

19. aotto1977

Well, mine (see signature) is AB rated. Not well populated atm tho. ;)

LeDude83 likes this.
  20. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I'll try to join next time I race.

aotto1977 likes this.