1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER Multiplayer & Rating - 1.0

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, May 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

I cant wait for 1.0 multiplayer, joined a server with a low SA, one guy kept straight lining the first chicane at monza, getting DQd and rejoin immediately taking people out, I will use the filters to make sure I join 80+ SA in both CP and normal servers! :)

2. Si.

Si. Simracer

That’s not great, I thought once DQ that would be it for the session, I didn’t realise you could quit out and rejoin. It would be good if that was changed.

chksix and jc1993 like this.
  3. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

I had some good battles with some guys, its just that 1% of trolls that just ruin it for everyone, thats why I cant wait to join in high SA servers! :D

XettMan likes this.
  4. Rolz

Rolz Alien

^^^ This is what I think so too...

AI certainly helped me improve my SA rating, but AI 90 skill /90 aggressive I wouldn't consider it farming... it's bloody a challenge... would take me easy a few laps to get in the right spot to pass...
    Though I'm very fortunate to have 3-4 other guys that I race with that are all at the same level (well they are mostly faster, but I have good days and give them a challenge)
    What I've found is you really need to be sub-0.5 seconds away from front car to make serious SA inroads... any taps mean your effort is gone

This time tomorrow I'll be driving v1 woohoo!! :D

5. magzire

magzire Alien

Whats the best way to get SA up, mine is at zero :eek:
    At the moment the rest are

This SA going to screw me for release?

6. Rolz

Rolz Alien

have u got over 50PC?
    Thats the challenge ones

7. magzire

magzire Alien

Yeah 66, all i did was open the special event on Hungary and slowly increase times each lap. Went from 0 to 66 in 6 laps

8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I take yours and others points regarding SA farming however what about people like me that due to my location and limited MP servers I play 80% in SP mode. Should I not be rewarded for SA? I know I can farm but I don't. I drive the AI the same I would drive a human in MP.

Son, tjr, grrdabrr and 2 others like this.
  9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

To all Kunos @devs. Thank you for bringing us along with you on the EA ride. Top shelf work once again!

Great Success :):cool:
    [​IMG]

10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I really hope so mate. I'm still...............

11. ConvexRook

ConvexRook Gamer

At what time can we expect version 1.0? EST, PST etc.

12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The exact advantage of letting you get your SA with AI is to avoid those people in low quality mp servers.

The racing with AI is considerably better then open servers or even fairly low restriction ones. Forcing good drivers into that mess to grind their way to a rating is way worse then allowing them to do this with AI.

Then once you get a decent SA you can join good restricted servers and have much better racing in MP. The fact that most in EA still avoided restricted servers like the plague meant in most cases racing AI was actually a considerably better experience.

Also a big percentage of sim user base never goes online, main reason is the AI are decent to race. Outside league racing general open servers are so bad if busy it turns many good people away from MP. Many avoid casual MP for this reason and stick to leagues or closed groups, with minorating in AC this was already possible to get good casual mp racing with people you don't know that have a rating indicating how competent they are in traffic. Still the vast majority couldn't figure out how to use it to help their own MP experience, this is exactly the same with the EA build of ACC but v1 should be a good step to give the system a bigger user base and better racing for those that want it. ;)

Your doing it wrong if your expecting clean races in open servers. Not so much to be proud of if you aren't using the ratings to get into cleaner servers, the numbers mean very little outside of that and just grinding in low quality MP fields considerably worse then AI or restricted servers makes it harder.

If your fast you can stay up front and get away, then dodge the odd barely moving chicane as you lap more then half the field in a sprint. Id honestly rather run a solo hot stint then that sort of racing, the win means very little and even if your lucky enough to have a couple good guys in the server to race its likely others will make the racing much worse then if they weren't there.

Here is a race with 100/100 AI I did the other day, mainly because there was nobody in local restricted servers and In my own which was SA80 but now dropped to SA60 temporarily its mostly just been racing friends in it because the majority are focusing on the open servers. The racing with even just a few good racers in MP is considerably better then the AI races, I also have less contact as in MP good drivers are way more predictable.

Is your racing in the servers you choose better then this racing with AI? you don't need to do anything special to get a good SA just race normally and keep it pretty clean.

At times I join open servers just to see how bad it can be, a small field in these you can sometimes get very lucky especially if most of those in are your friends. But a busy open server is the worst form of racing you can possibly have so avoiding this in whatever way you can is a good thing.
    I had a race with @Rolz just after this AI one last night and was pushing 100% for about 7 laps millimeters from his bumper for over 10 minutes trying to find a way to get my Ferrari past his Jag at Nürburgring in a partly damp track. Shame I didn't record that but will try to next time I am running MP with some other good racers.

In a fully open server your mostly wasting your time especially if you want to rate up your SA, you need someone competitive to battle which you may only find at the front of the field if your very lucky. Then you need to be extra aware and cautious around all those that have pretty much no awareness or concept of how to race cleanly. I have no issues with these guys wanting to race in MP but that's why I leave the open servers for them and use the restricted ones instead, if racing 3 or 4 good racers or a full field of AI is considerably better then that full open server. I am still amazed how the majority always gravitated towards these.

Here is a basic example of the quality of field in a regular open server, not much you can do to avoid contact here and this cost me 3 OBWP. You wont see muppets like that in any decent restricted server and if you do they wont be back in a hurry. :p

@Minolin has given you guys a big nudge in the right direction, giving a good incentive to rate up and also to generally use the ratings to get a better mp experience.

Freddie Seng, pazzi008, Son and 8 others like this.
  13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Once you have SA unlocked then you just need to race, I would suggest starting out with AI until you can get to 50 or 60 SA at which point you can join restricted servers and get decent fields to race with. This will keep you out of the poor quality open server fields, which if you are a good racer you can still stay clean but with nobody to really battle your not going to get much trust so its mostly trying to avoid others running into you for minimal gains. The initial SA rating I think is also slightly accelerated to help you grade up quickly if you show you can race clean, avoiding too much carnage early will greatly help your initial rating.

magzire and Coanda like this.
  14. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

@Minolin congrats on the huge amount of MP features you are bringing here, this must have been hard work! And thanks for doing those Competition Servers, they exactly fill the gap between casual racing and leagues.
    One thing about the "Competition Servers": as those are meant for serious racing and affect the Competition Rating, I am afraid they can bring you trouble in the form of complaints ("it was your fault!" "no, it was your fault!" etc). People easily get mad when things get serious. In SRS (simracingsystem.com) a rather simple solution they adopted was to allow you to repeat the same race during a week, with only the best result of the week being added to your overall rating. IMHO this reduces the complaints a lot, as you have a chance to repeat the race if things go wrong. Also, they use booking and the servers are created after the booking closes (like 5 mins before the race), so they never have empty servers. I don't know how this can fit into your system but it works well for them. Just my two cents, and thanks again!

15. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

A race can go well and it can go bad, both IRL and in the SIM. IN SRS, there are "series" where each race can be run many times - as you say. But I don't see how that fits into Minolin's concept. For the CP servers, every race counts - including PC crashes, people driving into you or whatever. The organizer IMO isn't responsible for reducing such risks.

And the fact that SRS uses booking doesn't mean they don't have empty servers, no? If noone books, the server is empty. Also, don't forget that your SRS result only counts if more than X players (5?!?) are in the race. And SRS doesn't "motivate" players to not leave during the session. Back when I raced on SRS, it wasn't uncommon to lose half the grid during the race.

IMO, the CP servers are better than SRS. And that doesn't mean that SRS is bad, at all! Just let them be different.

16. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I agree that having the chance to repeat a race could lead people to leave races when they feel it's not going the way they wanted. This could be limited by assigning negative points to who abandons a race on purpose though. In any case, we'll see if this forum becomes full of complaints on race incidents. I was just trying to extricate Kunos from that burden.
    On the empty servers thing, yes they don't have empty servers on SRS just because servers are created only after the booking has finished (correct me if I am wrong, but this is what I understand). You book your place, then 5 minutes before the races the booking closes and the system creates the servers that are necessary to accommodate the bookings.

17. @Minolin can you tell me if SA considers the last X km or laps? I know it could consider your current value, which is history.

18. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

If I'm not mistaken, this "quitter punishment" is already there - your CP will suffer if you don't finish your race. If your PC crashes, you can still re-join and finish the race. If you decide after a PC crash that you son't wanna rejoin, your choice - you'll be punished. If your PC dies completely you'll have more severe issues to worry about :p

As for the complaints on race incidents - you'll get those, either way. In the CP races and in SRS, too. It's pointless IMO to try and prevent this from happening.

19. BTL.357

BTL.357 Gamer

If your PC crashes while you're on a CP server after the practice session, you definitely can't rejoin and will be counted as DNF.

20. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Yes

Edit: You will be counted last, but still counted. Except for rare occasions, it'll be worth to hold ground and at least finish the race so you are above DNF/DQed drivers.

No. PC crash (or anything else) is our equivalent to mechanical/engine fail. Stuff happens, be prepared ;)

eracerhead, R. Iván, Madsen and 7 others like this.