1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER Multiplayer & Rating - 1.0

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, May 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

I believe this must be like a dream for any old simracer out there.

Many thanks!

LeDude83 likes this.
  2. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

That is how it used to be, the tracks we got with 1.0 are much more difficult, I got 2 stars, but the 3rd stars is eluding me and I have done way more than 4 consecutive clean lap.
    Getting 3 stars previously was almost a formality, now it is impossible. Something as changed.:confused:

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I don't think it was that hard to get 3 stars now I had to do it twice, first time Spa took me about 8 laps but after I lost my medals on the new tracks it probably took 4 to 6 laps max at each track.

The best way to see what is going on is enable the track knowledge to be your ratings focus in settings. Then it will show a bar that will go green through each sector as you clear it, this will first show 1 lap then once you do that 2 laps then 4 laps for the final medal. Also if you fail for some reason it will go red and tell you why, mostly off track, loss of control or too slow. At a half reasonable pace you should be able to do 4 consecutive clean laps fairly easily.

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

After running a few races in the Kunos Spa server I think it was SA65 3 medals, I really don't see the reasoning for keeping the pits open to all during a race. I think simply closing pits to all that escape from track or join late would be the best option in all high SA servers, I mean this server only has a 20 min race but every lap at least 1 new guy comes out of the pits laps down. Surprisingly the netcode wasn't terrible but I think I was the only aussie in the server and in lobby it had me about 350, in game no idea. ;)

Also the join lag keeps on going during the race, I think nothing wrong with letting people join mid race but make them spectators only till the next session. This would mean there is no reason to have the join lag during race sessions as they don't need a car to load for them until the next session, as they don't need to be able to get on track to have a practice session while others are racing.

It really feels like your trying to race in the middle of an open practice session and seems a bit silly to me. For open servers or very low SA allow pits to stay open as those servers are for the real casuals but servers intended for reasonable racing should close pits, this should be all CP servers and high restriction ones. Even CP servers you could allow people to join as spectators in qualy and race if there are still grid spots left and they don't need cars to load so no join lags.

Closing pits will encourage more to actually finish races too, if escaping to pits means end of session its likely they will try a bit harder to not need that escape key.

5. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Agree 100%
    Maybe for example if server SA > 50 pits could be automatically closed during race?

david m likes this.
  6. sERI OUs

sERI OUs Rookie

I still got an annoying bug after the new update:

Multiplayer:
    If you finish your lap and go back to pit to watch other users racing, I got the following bug. Lets imagine free practice is over in 2 Min. So its useless to start the car again. If you watch an other user racing and the session skips to Qualifying and you want to drive out, so you click "Drive", you still see the cockpit of the last person you watched. Do you know what I mean? Even if you press Drive, the cockpit showed is not yours. But the comtrols still refer to your own car, even you cannot see it.

7. david m

david m Racer

yes, will be very good if server admins have an option to close the Qualy and the race, in this way LAG join is solved. and we can still use the open multiplayer for 'serious' races without worry about this lag join problem.

or maybe, in my opinion the best we can have is to can use the concept of CP servers type also in open multiplayer, so then we can use in open multiplayer the CP rating, and the rules applied in this kind of servers ;)

8. david m

david m Racer

+1

I suffered this bug one time, very strange and obbligate me to leave the server

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Would be good if it auto sets you back in your own car for next session, current workaround is shift + up arrow to go back to your own car.

Thom@s and david m like this.
  10. david m

david m Racer

shift+up
    thanks!!

11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I think the main issue with 3rd party servers hosting cp rating points. There could be troll admins that shut servers down if they arent doing too well. :rolleyes:

Also someone may be hosting on a poor home connection giving poor experiances for all. Maybe kunos could give a license type system to reputable admins with a seperate server exe that is preconfigured by them with minor adjustments such as track selection and race lengths keeping 1hr as the shortest format.

Then there should be no admin control on such servers and they should follow the same setup as official CP servers. I would gladly host some of these in Australia on my own or through our league servers if they were keen.

But if some of these 3rd party cp servers regularly had issues then they should lose the ability tp host and give cp points.

Also we dont need to flood the lobby with too many, just enough for each region to meet demand if kunos was to allow 3rd party CP down the track.

david m likes this.
  12. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

Why not make an option on server side? So admin decides what to do exactly.

13. alex bonner

alex bonner Racer

Or just ghost all cars that didn't make the green flag. They shouldn't be interfering in any way with the race.

14. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

So from what you are saying, we agree, it is not like it used to. Doing 4 consecutive clean laps does not cut it anymore. You also now need to have a certain pace. I might not be fast enough to get 3 stars now. It is fair if it is the way it is now. Would be nice to know the new rules since the old rules do not seem to apply anymore.:)

15. LeiF

LeiF Alien

If you change the focus of the rating app to track medals then you will see what the problem is and what sector it happens in, eg too slow or out of control etc.

16. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Press SHIFT and Up Arrow to reset view to your own car. Should be no need to leave server.

17. fabT

fabT Alien

That's strange, i had no problems getting all the stars in v1.0 and did nothing special, basically just kept on track.
    So i think it's likely to be some kind of bug, not something normal.

Rolz likes this.
  18. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Repeated two Special Events today, Spa and Silverstone, in both Events I´ve been faster than before, but the faster times are not stored on the leaderbord, still the old times present.
    Also in the trendline you can see, it is falling to the buttom.

Attached Files:

19. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Thank you both, enabling the track knowledge did it, I just went in practice, drove like usually drive, I could see the green bar filing up, lap after lap and when I was done I had my 3 stars.
    Not sure what the issue was before, but with the track knowledge HUD engaged it worked like charm. I usually drive (in VR) with no HUD, since all the info I need is in the car display.:)

LeiF and martcerv like this.
  20. BTL.357

BTL.357 Gamer

Well the trend line doesn't tell much, since the axes are not annotated. So, "the bottom" is basically the lowest value one had since the start of the graph. It could be one or one thousands points difference to the graph's maximum.