1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER Multiplayer & Rating - 1.0

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, May 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

I had a spelling mistake in my post above and cannot edit it any longer - Of course I referred to RC (Racecraft) when I described a way to boost it.
    CP points can EXCLUSIVELY be improved by racing on the Competition server.
    I hope I didn't confuse you.

The effect on boosting your RC is the exact same of course racing online or in single player - it is just that currently it seems a lot of the activity online is quite erratic. There is a lot of incidents, people spinning, rear ending each other, driving aggressively, loosing control, etc in the rear of the fields.
    It also seems to not make much difference any longer if you are racing on an unrated server vs a server that has a minimum SA rating of say 70 as so many people easily exceed a SA rating of 70 and such a minimum requirement is no longer a good indicator of sufficient skill level of people online :-(

So as the AI is more consistent in their driving behaviors compared to the end of the field in most public servers it is a safer method to improve your ratings that way rather then gambling online.

I had build my ratings from very low levels since v1.0 to now by almost exclusively racing online (I only started using ACC since v1.0 really, before that I had only ~ 50 hours into the EA and most of that really was just testing and trying on each build rather then actively racing).

Now I see myself switching completely away from online racing to racing single player against the AI (as online public server racing at ANY rating is such a gamble) + I race with friends on closed servers were racing is exquisite.
    It seems the rating system and especially online server requirements need a constant tuning to the changes in behavior and skills of people racing.

2. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...one-v1-0-2-update-out-now.58274/#post-1062578

3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I am playing around with the advanced server weights and I don't understand how the server lists are sorted based on my priorities. Maybe Minolin or someone can please explain this to me.

Q: Why is Les Babacools server at Brands hatch with a higher ping rate listed above the last entry Dragon's Drive at Spa? I have set priority on latency & clean servers over activity and the Spa server has a higher SA with track medals and I have also prioritised Spa over Brands Hatch and my preferred driver count is 12 which is the exact number of drivers in the Spa server. Is there something I am not understanding about this system?

20190610231815_1.jpg

My weightings:-

20190610231835_1.jpg
    20190610231833_1.jpg
    20190610231838_1.jpg

4. Strawberry

Strawberry Racer

Dragon's Drive is in the race session. They don't want you to join and drive out on track in the last 12m of a 45m race, and rightly so.

Coanda and Minolin like this.
  5. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

True. It's actually surprisingly high in the list; though the server browser acts a bit different compared to the quickjoin (where race servers are ignored)

Coanda likes this.
  6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thank you, I was thinking that maybe could be the possible reason. What about this example? 1st entry compared to last entry. Does the preferred driver count carry more weight than my Latency, Clean server, Track weights?

20190610235437_1.jpg

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@Minolin - I am sorry matey to do this however I think the weightings logic may need a little fine tuning.

Also this question in the quote remains unanswered from the post above. Some clarity would be greatly appreciated :)
    Q: How can TOPRACE # 5 server with a 436ms ping be above the last entry Carbon Gaming with 302ms? You can see my settings a few posts above. Carbon Gaming is closer to my preferred driver count with a far better latency. The only thing I could think of is it maybe it has something to do with being a cleaner server so I set the "Clean Server" weight weight to zero however it still remained on top.

Q: Why is the second last entry CC les Sudistes above the last entry Carbon Gaming? This server is currently in a race which contradicts what was previously said to me yesterday a few posts up. I also have Spa weighted higher than Brands Hatch. It does have a slightly better latency however not by much.

20190611230507_1.jpg

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  8. Minolin

Mainly because the pings in the UI are wrong, and this got a lot worse with 1.0. The backend server ofc. cannot see your real ping, and uses estimates - which end up to be more accurate at the moment :D

In the server list, there's just a significant downrank for servers with ongoing race sessions (while they are removed from the Quickjoin list).
    In a way you could say this server has 1 / 14 elements that says "this really sucks", annihilating most of its ranking points. But if all the other servers around have their own issues, then basically all servers come in with a fairly low rank.

Actually I wanted to display the "MM" rank of each server in the list, so you get a better feeling of what the average is around. Looking at your screenshot, this looks like servers have something like 23, 19, 15, 14% "match".
    It's completely different story if there is one, or a few servers with 60+% around.

Also the change to lock the race sessions and rank them down even more removes a lot (I mean it) populated servers from the list of reasonable decisions.

vanveen and Coanda like this.
  9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thank you @Minolin for the in depth reply. Yeah I think the MM stats would be a great help so that I can see what effect adjusting each weight has on the result. As you now I live in no mans land so latency is king thats why I have it weighted at 100%. I hope for both our sake your able to sort out whatever is causing the wrong pings on the UI. Good luck :)

Si. likes this.
  10. Minolin

mh just to be clear, the plan was only the "final" number, not the in-depth analysis. The real deal could only be a detail view where you can see where a server is strong and where not, broken down to the weights.
    I've done a similar matching algorithm in the past, and only that insight really helped to understand the system - but that's a very expensive thing to include for several thousand people connected :D Atm I'm happy that the backend can handle any amount of users, not eager to risk this by adding more again :D

But even the number, sadly I had to decide between doing the Quickjoin page and those. Time for that will come though

vanveen, Si. and Coanda like this.
  11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

V1.0.3 beta v2. I just thought I would let you know I still have some strange high ping server showing top of the list...

acc_svr_weights.jpg

acc_svr_list.jpg

Capitán WeedFox likes this.
  12. arkoudadis

arkoudadis Gamer

Any chance of fixing formation lap?! Its absolutely terrible! if you dont jump other cars you end up seconds behind the rest of the grid!
    1. Rework the short lap formation lap! (Way too short)
    2.Every car should have their engines running once they press drive! (half of the fing grid is stalling or cant start their engines)
    3. Fix the engine cutting mechanism... i cant be 3 seconds behind the dude in front and not be able to catch him up!
    4. Maybe work on a AI based rolling start?
    Havent seen it work once!!!!!
    Im missing the standing start option!
    Seriously this is game braking! And should get fixed asap! Every start is a mayhem and the same goes even for your pro competition!

13. fthomann

fthomann Rookie

+1!!!

14. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

@Minolin
    I know most important tasks right now are bug fixing and midgame saving.
    But when will be the statistic pages on profile page back again?
    The pages that were not available because greyed out.
    Today I had a 30 minutes MP race, settled around P10, but finished P2 55 seconds behind P1, because during race people left race. I think with some record people would not quit midrace as often as now.
    Also in career mode some record is needed.
    Hope there will be some statistics in future.

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  15. fabT

fabT Alien

Double checked v1.04.

What i see is that CC still likes to dive at Spa, just got it down from 90 to 78.

So i did a 20 laps solo Misano session, looking for a "slow and steady" consistent session.
    This in order to check CC/CN changes.

Had CN going up from 86 to 96 ( +10 ) within 10-12 laps.
    CC went up 1 point ( 78 to 79 ) after about 15 laps. After 23 laps it was still 79.
    Attached below the Misano lap times, as complimentary information.

laps.png

Seems to me there's some noticeable asymmetry in CC calculation: quite easy to lose it, quite hard to recover it.

CN is straightforward. Despite being somewhat volatile it appears to be somewhat in-sync with how i actually drive.

CC instead seems somewhat unrelated to my drive, at least at Spa. No idea why.

Below my actual driver rating.
    I find hard to understand the sheer difference between CC and CN.

to_9422.png

RSR2KX likes this.
  16. Luciano Micale

Luciano Micale Simracer

the same in SA seems with latest patch

17. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

I understand it’s an annoyance to fall behind on the formation lap. But then everyone gathers up again for Turn 1 on most tracks, so I don't feel it to be that big a deal.

18. trutya

trutya Simracer

in offline mode the game doesn't allow you to pass a car which is ahead of you in the order. with engine cut-off turned off, it could be a working option to enable this in MP mode, what do you think?

RST likes this.
  19. MerlinCooper

MerlinCooper Racer

Why even cut the engine - it's a weird behavior.

You can always enforce the rules by warning people first and if they don't react penalize them, e.g. overtaking in the formation lap, leaving a too large gap to the car in front, overtaking before start/finish line (or wherever it will be allowed)