1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Multiplayer slipstream

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by UkicT8, Oct 21, 2015.

1. UkicT8

UkicT8 Rookie

I was wondering is there a way to increase the slipstream (draft) effect in multiplayer? I'm driving a 12C GT3 in an online league and there's no way I can overtake any of the other cars even when running on low downforce setting. A better turn exit doesn't help either because other cars just seem to pull away on the straights even though I'm right on their tail. I was driving a whole 60minute race on the bumper of a Z4 GT3, being over a second faster than him but I wasn't even able to get in a position to make some kind of move, let alone overtake him.

I'm asking Kunos, please introduce a draft setting to multiplayer, I beg you.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Add an option to change multiplayer slipstream multiplier. Nov 7, 2014
    Physics Bugs & Issues Slipstream multiplayer Oct 17, 2014
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer disconnected Saturday at 11:48 AM
    Bug reports Lap 0 Laptime is way off! Multiplayer Server Mar 17, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Unplanned multiplayer server outage Mar 13, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer disconnected Dec 15, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer disconnected Dec 8, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Render Thread 1 crashed whilst spectating multiplayer as server admin Sep 28, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer can't connect do multiplayer , no statistics in single player too Jul 29, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Multiplayer - An Error Occurred. Please Try Again Jul 13, 2023
    ACC User Interface Multiplayer list - full vs 0 time left Jul 3, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Connection issues in multiplayer after 1.9.3 May 26, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer partial disconnect May 25, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Crashing on multiplayer May 22, 2023
    ACC Screenshots & Videos BMW M4 at Spa Multiplayer May 2, 2023

3. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Just wait for BOP (balance of performance) changes in a new game update. This was fine before, but since 1.3 there's been some not predicted changes to physics for some GT3 cars, so let's wait for an update to fix that.

Protoduct likes this.
  4. baboon

baboon Alien

There's a few variables for straightline-speed in the car setup. Maybe try these if you haven't already. If that doesn't help maybe a BOP adjustment will.

5. Hany

Hany Alien

Even with BoP Changes the mclaren still has the least power so overtaking cant be done in the straight. U choose the mclaren because it has the highest cornering speed so deal with it. Slipstream affect is very realistic in ac.

6. UkicT8

UkicT8 Rookie

So what's the point of the 12C in the carpack if the only thing I can do with it is get a pole-position? I don't get it. You don't see it conceding a position to a GT-R on a 200 meter straight in real life do you?

When's the BOP updating coming, by the way?

7. Hany

Hany Alien

If u get pole then u should also be able to pull away in the corners. Beside your tires last much longer than the other cars so make use of that :)

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  8. Hans Meier

Hans Meier Racer

And if the BOP is not ok. Is it so in RL? No there is always handicap's on every Car because everyone has it's Strenght and its Weak's (dont know if this is correct grammaticli but hope you understand) Some Car's have the adnvantage on this Track and some have it on another one. Otherwise this woud be to arcadish if every Car has the same Speed's and Strenght's.

9. the problem is that the mclaren is done wrongly in ac, you can clearly see in real videos like this one, how the mclaren accelerates in par with ferraris or mercedes in real life, and the one with less acceleration is the z4, but in ac we got it the other way around sadly.
    *** and im not talking about the race start, just watch the full video. ***

10. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Increasing draft to levels other than real would IMHO be a cheat system that undermines the whole simulator ethos. Your issue is not dissimilar to what happens in real life, oddly enough between the Z4 GT3 and other cars. I remember over the last couple of years Bill Auberlen complaining after IMSA races that their car, which had a corner speed advantage, did not help them gain positions since everyone passed them on corner exists and long straights. BOP is an issue with all cars, but shouldn't keep you from driving the MP4. Plus, Kunos has just introduced a cool new ballast system for league players to help balance the cars further.

The video you posted is only partially true. Of issue is many things, not the least of which is driver skill, tyre condition, set-up, etc. The MP4 is not as slow as you think either...set-up set-up set-up! There's no way to know that the Z4 GT3 was on older, worse tyres than the McLaren, or the driver skill, and hundreds of other little things. Blaming the team has "having it the other way around" misses the point, too: whom do you think has access to more data: you or them???? Appearances are not proof of actual fact!

ShredatorFIN and bigbawmcgraw like this.
  11. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

What you don't know is how the cars are set up in this race. Maybe the Mclaren's compensated their lack of top speed with taking less wing and the Z4's using more wing to improve their cornering speed and grip. The straits on this track are a bit too short to really see the differences in top speed due to wing settings and car's characteristics and is more due to tyre grip level. You could be right, but this video example is not good enough to draw conclusions, imo.

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  12. baboon

baboon Alien

btw. the video is from 2013, at least some of the cars have gone through some technical upgrades since then and BOP is an ever moving target in real life.

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  13. what you can see in that video is pure acceleration there not rreally much topspeed in that track,
    Plus that's it mclaren always run low wing, z4 always has to run wings cause otherwise it doesnt work,
    But as i say, accelerating from 2nd gear to 3rth and 4rth wings do very little

14. you can watch any 2014 race is the same

15. Hans Meier

Hans Meier Racer

You dont even know what Tyres and how much Fuel each Car has. Cant you just get rid of your frustration from the Race and leave this Topic? I dont want to offend you but are you the superduper mega enginier from this centruy? No? Then leave it....

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  16. you dont seem to know really
    that's an enduro event.
    All teams go for same tyre wich is imposed by the organization,
    And they all do sane one hour stints and change driver, so all drivers drive mostly the same amount of time

17. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

I sense a freeze is coming to someone or this thread...:D